Arthur

khaled_a_d

Agree that wasn't impressive, but no need to criticize Arthur. He did a move to keep the ball while being pressed.

I can't remember the last time a Barca midfielder (except Iniesta) received the ball being pressed by 2 guys and kept the ball long enough to make a pass.

I would like to add that probably 99% of people here don't watch full games of Arthur and judge him based on 3 minutes of highlights or in this case 5 seconds.

As I said a couple times, there are some players that aren't Neymar type, who could have a 1 minute video with hundreds of dribbles, feints and flashy moves. Arthur's reading of game, knowing when to accelerate, when to keep possession, when to play long, when to play short, all these things you can't see in Youtube. Also, this year he improved in defensive phase, intercepting and recovering more balls each game, using more his body and speed. So again, I see Arthur playing every 3/4 days and he's better than his highlights.

Of course anyone can judge based on 1 second if they want but maybe it's not the best way to rate a player.

Busquets? and even Roberto and Samper are well capable of it, even in B team Puig & Alena do it
And I am not sure who is judging here, actually it is the unwarranted praise of some of those videos that promote doubting not the other way around

Felipetonelo

Busquets? and even Roberto and Samper are well capable of it, even in B team Puig & Alena do it
And I am not sure who is judging here, actually it is the unwarranted praise of some of those videos that promote doubting not the other way around

Are you being serious? :lol:

Busquets, maybe yes. But Roberto? Played 5 or 6 games as a midfielder out of 50 and he has trouble receiving the ball facing his own goal. Samper? I doubt he played more than 10 games. Don't want to compare B teams, they're not in the same level of competition as Arthur.

But that's not my main point. I was saying that nobody should be praising or criticizing him based only on these videos because they don't show the real Arthur, in my opinion.

M

MessiCam

What's wrong with this highlight?

Kept the ball under pressure, good to know he can do it.

There is nothing wrong with it and he does this sort of thing all the time but I suppose what they're critiquing in that clip is that his turn and pass didn't break the pressure. The return pass just resulted in similar pressure on Moura.

Moura is also responsible for how that play developed. The initial pass should have been aimed at his right foot (this is something that is drilled into Masia kids) so Arthur could change the point of attack and seek an outlet with space like the player on the left flank. He could have also switched the play himself with a long ball to the open flank.

As [MENTION=22654]Felipetonelo[/MENTION] states he has many other fine qualities to his game that you're not going to witness on a youtube clip.

khaled_a_d

Are you being serious? :lol:

Busquets, maybe yes. But Roberto? Played 5 or 6 games as a midfielder out of 50 and he has trouble receiving the ball facing his own goal. Samper? I doubt he played more than 10 games. Don't want to compare B teams, they're not in the same level of competition as Arthur.

Yes, I am very serious, all of the players mentioned are very capable of it, some doing it in tougher competition and others in inferior one.

And yeah, it is pointless to praise or criticize him based on 5 seconds videos, and that was Trafalgar & Jam point`

xXKonan

img_dsalvador_20180620-001554_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_portada_20_ok.jpg

Says we are sending Abidal down to Brazil with the goal in bringing Arthur this summer.

gr98

[tw]1009837904888246272[/tw]
According to UOL, Arthur is coming this summer. Monday, he should say goodbye to his teammates.

[tw]1009840062048165889[/tw]

[tw]1009836578460626946[/tw]

Last edited:

xXKonan

Yeah seems like everything is done now.

We aren't paying an extra fee than what we agreed but it seems what got us Arthur this summer is the different payment arrangement as we are paying up front by the sounds of it than installments.

gregorrin10

Very good...reports claim that the deal is actually 33M fixed instead of 30+9, so yeah we get to pay 3M more, but that's totally worth it to get him now hopefully he can contribute in his first season here already, so that we avoid another Mina debacle.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Very good...reports claim that the deal is actually 33M fixed instead of 30+9, so yeah we get to pay 3M more, but that's totally worth it to get him now hopefully he can contribute BIG in his first season here already.

We're also paying it this year in cash rather than in installments.

Home of Barca Fans