User Tag List

Page 67 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2705

Thread: 8 - Arthur

  1. #991
    Senior Member
    Joan Laporta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,652
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MessiCam View Post
    City are winning the league at a canter... The same league we are constantly reminded of being so physical, that would expose a passing game and they're doing it with the type of players and style of football we were once the bastion of. They're alive in the Champions League too.
    vs. Basel. Our style of football is usually better suited for league competitions.
    And I didn't say Real are similar to us... They play with extremely technically gifted players in midfield like Modric, Kroos, Isco, Kovacic, Ceballos, Asensio and Vasquez. The obvious exception is Casemiro who is a destroyer. I dare you to name one physical player from their midfield up other than Casemiro...
    Said it's not only about their midfield. They are physically stronger than us, can't be easily dominated in that area. Speaking of Casemiro, he's crucial for the system.
    And I wouldn't exactly call Madrid versatile... They're awfully one dimensional. Their game is so focused on crosses into the box that when it doesn't work they go into panic mode and flood the pitch with forwards in the hope of individual quality bringing them a result. It's been exposed numerous times this season already.
    And yet they managed to win 3 CL in 4 years. They are versatile, not like they score all their goals that way. Can cross, can counter, shoot from distance AND play it through the middle.
    For instance, we fear Chelsea and similar opponents who park the bus. Because we struggle breaking it. Versatile teams rarely do.

  2. #992
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    12,698
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arthur's agent Jorge Machado, said the main reason why we have to wait until January for Arthur is because of the lack of Non-Eu spots in the squad.

    He also mentioned a lot of teams were following Arthur but we were the team that showed the most interest.

  3. #993
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXKonan View Post
    Arthur's agent Jorge Machado, said the main reason why we have to wait until January for Arthur is because of the lack of Non-Eu spots in the squad.

    He also mentioned a lot of teams were following Arthur but we were the team that showed the most interest.
    That's nonsense. Mina and Paulinho both could easily get the axe and in the worst case scenario we're not affected at all (Mina) and in the best case scenario we actually get better (Paulinho).

  4. #994
    MessiCam
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    vs. Basel. Our style of football is usually better suited for league competitions.
    Nice. You single out a dead rubber game in which fringe players and those returning from injury played.
    Said it's not only about their midfield. They are physically stronger than us, can't be easily dominated in that area. Speaking of Casemiro, he's crucial for the system.
    Like who? I’d put Suárez, Messi, Rakitic and Coutinho against them everyday and seven times on Sunday. Just because they’re bigger doesn’t mean they’re more physical.

    And yet they managed to win 3 CL in 4 years. They are versatile, not like they score all their goals that way. Can cross, can counter, shoot from distance AND play it through the middle.
    For instance, we fear Chelsea and similar opponents who park the bus. Because we struggle breaking it. Versatile teams rarely do.
    They’re not. They very rarely build and score through the middle... They counter great but so do we when we actually field the correct players. But their game is built on crosses. Many of them... Look at all Ronaldo’s goals in the Champions League last year.

    As an example they attempted 29 crosses against Espanyol. 29! Against PSG (2nd) 20, against Getafe - 24, against Alaves 22, PSG (1st) - 23, Levante - 21. They average 25 crosses per game... To put into perspective only Eibar cross the ball more.

    Regarding the bus... Teams very seldom park buses against Madrid.

  5. #995
    Senior Member
    Joan Laporta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    4,652
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MessiCam View Post
    Nice. You single out a dead rubber game in which fringe players and those returning from injury played.
    Since they haven't played anyone tougher...
    They’re not. They very rarely build and score through the middle... They counter great but so do we when we actually field the correct players. But their game is built on crosses. Many of them... Look at all Ronaldo’s goals in the Champions League last year.

    As an example they attempted 29 crosses against Espanyol. 29! Against PSG (2nd) 20, against Getafe - 24, against Alaves 22, PSG (1st) - 23, Levante - 21. They average 25 crosses per game... To put into perspective only Eibar cross the ball more.

    Regarding the bus... Teams very seldom park buses against Madrid.
    Because parking the bus doesn't work against them.
    They do play through the middle. Isco, Modrić, Benzema... all very creative. Might not as often as they cross, but are capable of it and have no problem doing so.
    So, they counter, they cross, they play through the middle... and they are a threat from set-pieces - corners. Ramos has won them so much. How exactly are they not versatile?

  6. #996
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    8,589
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    That's nonsense. Mina and Paulinho both could easily get the axe and in the worst case scenario we're not affected at all (Mina) and in the best case scenario we actually get better (Paulinho).
    Nope, we need a 4th CB and we can't afford to sign one if we are buying both Arthur and Griezmann, Mina will stay next season.
    And club invested a lot in Paulinho and I doubt we will let him go, so in other words it isn't easy at all.

  7. #997
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Nope, we need a 4th CB and we can't afford to sign one if we are buying both Arthur and Griezmann, Mina will stay next season.
    And club invested a lot in Paulinho and I doubt we will let him go, so in other words it isn't easy at all.
    I don't believe for a single second we need a 4th CB. Not a single one. It will only be 2 or 3 games out of the entire season where we'll be forced to use a 4th choice CB and in such cases Digne has shown he can easily slot in against weaker La Liga sides. Our 4th CB traditionally sees little to no playing time as it is. Vermaelen had it this season. Mathieu had it in the past. Bartra had it before them. Mina has it now.

    Why do we "Need" a player who absolutely never plays? What's the point of wasting a precious non-EU spot for such a player? If we need some kid with potential to ride the bench we can easily have Cuenca do the job. Maybe if Valverde cared about giving Mina minutes when we could afford to you'd have a case but the fact is Valverde cares less about giving Mina minutes than he does Barca B players.

    And no matter how much the club invested in Paulinho, if he continues to underperform in such a shocking manner, they're unlikely going to choose to keep him over bringing in the latest shiny new toy. I just don't see it happening.

  8. #998
    MessiCam
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Laporta View Post
    Since they haven't played anyone tougher...
    Napoli?

    Because parking the bus doesn't work against them.
    They do play through the middle. Isco, Modrić, Benzema... all very creative. Might not as often as they cross, but are capable of it and have no problem doing so.
    So, they counter, they cross, they play through the middle... and they are a threat from set-pieces - corners. Ramos has won them so much. How exactly are they not versatile?
    I’d say it’s because they allow teams time on the ball as opposed to teams like us an City who dominate the ball and use it to open spaces. When Tottenham parked the bus against them they looked in all sorts of trouble. So much so that they attempted 69 crosses over the 2 legs. If you control that area of their game you’re shoe in to hassle them.

    I really wouldn’t describe Real Madrid as versatile. They have weapons yes but like all teams they play to their strengths.

  9. #999
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    8,589
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    I don't believe for a single second we need a 4th CB. Not a single one. It will only be 2 or 3 games out of the entire season where we'll be forced to use a 4th choice CB and in such cases Digne has shown he can easily slot in against weaker La Liga sides. Our 4th CB traditionally sees little to no playing time as it is. Vermaelen had it this season. Mathieu had it in the past. Bartra had it before them. Mina has it now.

    Why do we "Need" a player who absolutely never plays? What's the point of wasting a precious non-EU spot for such a player? If we need some kid with potential to ride the bench we can easily have Cuenca do the job. Maybe if Valverde cared about giving Mina minutes when we could afford to you'd have a case but the fact is Valverde cares less about giving Mina minutes than he does Barca B players.

    And no matter how much the club invested in Paulinho, if he continues to underperform in such a shocking manner, they're unlikely going to choose to keep him over bringing in the latest shiny new toy. I just don't see it happening.
    You can believe whatever you want, but Roberto already said that we need 4 CB and it is risky to have 3 and injury prone Vermaelen. There is no way he will make it 2 and their 3rd is Vermaelen
    So for decision makers, we absolutly need 4th CB and we need Mina.

    Late Edit: Roberto Fernandez will not renew, although I doubt the club will ever dare to think we should just have Vermaelen-Pique-Umtiti in CB
    Last edited by khaled_a_d; 14th March 2018 at 11:25 AM.

  10. #1000
    Member
    mampilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    You can believe whatever you want, but Roberto already said that we need 4 CB and it is risky to have 3 and injury prone Vermaelen. There is no way he will make it 2 and their 3rd is Vermaelen
    So for decision makers, we absolutly need 4th CB and we need Mina.
    but we will sell aomeone and will buy another cb

  11. #1001
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    12,698
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to UOL.

    We payed 4 million in total for Arthur right now and we will play a additional 16 million in July to activate clause and we will play an additional 10 million once he arrives in Barcelona.

    All 3 payments in 3 installments which the club was wanting all along I guess.

  12. #1002
    HiiiPoWeR
    Blaugrana Bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,456
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good. I think it is not bad that he is staying in Brazil for one more year. Time to develop there and come here in winter without pressure.
    We can ease him in and count on him from summer 2019 on.

  13. #1003
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    You can believe whatever you want, but Roberto already said that we need 4 CB and it is risky to have 3 and injury prone Vermaelen. There is no way he will make it 2 and their 3rd is Vermaelen
    So for decision makers, we absolutly need 4th CB and we need Mina.

    Late Edit: Roberto Fernandez will not renew, although I doubt the club will ever dare to think we should just have Vermaelen-Pique-Umtiti in CB
    Those three are fine as CB options. 4th choice can easily be filled by a B team player the same way 3rd choice goalkeeper can.

  14. #1004
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    Those three are fine as CB options. 4th choice can easily be filled by a B team player the same way 3rd choice goalkeeper can.
    It is not really the same though as third choice keeper. Especially if one of the three is injury prone.

    Ideally would have a b player as well as someone that could cover CB as second position if not going with 4 CBs.

  15. #1005
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    It is not really the same though as third choice keeper. Especially if one of the three is injury prone.

    Ideally would have a b player as well as someone that could cover CB as second position if not going with 4 CBs.
    Digne can cover for CB. He played better than Mina did in that game against Getafe(?).