Arthur

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Gremio are playing Independiente in the second leg of the Recopa Sudamericana(CONMEBOL UEFA Super Cup). He'll probably start that match.

Thursday 01:45 CET for anyone interested.

xXKonan

Any way we can bring him in in the summer? Mid season signings can be a pain in the ass to integrate.
We will have to clear out a spot in the Non Eu Spots. The three who occupy it are Yerry,Paulinho and Coutinho.

Coutinho is working on getting Portuguese citizenship to count as a EU player but that will take some time.

[tw]965747775626362880[/tw]

giphy.gif

xXKonan

Arthur is one that Robert didn't want to get away. and by the looks of it he got his wish.

Arthur-Coutinho will be a interesting pair down the line.

FC433

Apparently his club is going to get about 30m + 10m addons; however, there is also another party that is going to get about 10m -20m as well. He is going to cost about 50m - 60m

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I find that unlikely. His release clause is 50m. Gremio are entitled to 30m of that. Why would Barca insert a 10m bonus clause too then? Makes no sense. Arthur himself owns 20% of this registration rights, which I believe he waived off. Then another businessman close to his family got the remaining 20%.

The deal is being completed without us activating his release clause. In exchange for all this, we'll allow him to stay there until the next Brazilian season ends in December, giving Gremio a chance to compete for next Libertadores and league too.

Perhaps I'm wrong though. Will have to see when it's confirmed.

Photo of Robert and Andre Cury in Porto Alegre.

DWbv0ZIX0AAgk6q.jpg:large

Last edited:

Wallace

Brazilians, how good is he?
Why does Tite fancy Renato Augusto so much?

He is very good. He made an excellent liberatadores for the club, being elected the best player of the final even having played only the first half.

Renato Augusto is the man of confidence of Tite (He does not usually bet on young players, he prefers ready athletes).

FC433

I find that unlikely. His release clause is 50m. Gremio are entitled to 30m of that. Why would Barca insert a 10m bonus clause too then? Makes no sense. Arthur himself owns 20% of this registration rights, which I believe he waived off. Then another businessman close to his family got the remaining 20%.

The deal is being completed without us activating his release clause. In exchange for all this, we'll allow him to stay there until the next Brazilian season ends in December, giving Gremio a chance to compete for next Libertadores and league too.

Perhaps I'm wrong though. Will have to see when it's confirmed.

Photo of Robert and Andre Cury in Porto Alegre.

DWbv0ZIX0AAgk6q.jpg:large

I am not sure either we have to wait and see.

60m "maybe 50m" and is not going to be paid at once. Maybe that is why the club decided to pay extra 10m?

Home of Barca Fans