Arthur

serghei

Good, perhaps we can offload Isco to City then.

No doubt Isco would fit better at City, profile wise. He's rather similar with Bernardo Silva though... The problem is he's a no10. Not a winger, not a real midfielder, and not a forward either.

JamDav1982

Press resistance is one of the things they look for the most in their midfielders. Players who complete many passes, and hold off the pressure. Arthur is very good at this. They have De Bruyne who can take risks with passes.

Doesnt matter if he is good when pressed he lacks anything else even remotely close to what they would want.

They want players that are far more productive and proactive than him. Would be nowhere near that City team.

Cant pass with any variety, is slow, is unfit, overly safe. immobile and poor defensively.

Him being good when pressed is almost nullified by how lacking on ball he is and all he uses it to do more often than not is get away and then pass simple. That is not what City want they would want players to take ball and when pressed escape and expose gaps left.

Gundogan, Rodri, Foden all players on a different level to him and it is not even close.

Last edited:

serghei

Him being good when pressed is almost nullified by how lacking on ball he is and all he uses it to do more often than not is get away and then pass simple. That is not what City want they would want players to take ball and when pressed escape and expose gaps left.

In the City team, the receiving players rarely hide or stand still though like in Juve or Barca (two of the most static teams out there), but rather move constantly to clear themselves from their markers, in order to be passed to. This helps players who are low on the risk and creativity side to complete easier and more productive passes after beating the press.

To put it differently, in Barca/Juve the passer has to do more things individually to find teammates because the overall movement is poor.

JamDav1982

In the City team, the receiving players rarely hide or stand still though like in Juve or Barca (two of the most static teams out there), but rather move constantly to clear themselves from their markers, in order to be passed to. This helps players who are low on the risk and creativity side to complete easier and more productive passes after beating the press.

To put it differently, in Barca/Juve the passer has to do more things individually to find teammates because the overall movement is poor.

He is nowhere near City standard but believe Pep would want him if you like.

Would be about last player City would want and has nothing at all they look for not even his 'good when pressed' due to what he does with ball.

Still blaming everyone but Arthur. Time to accept was wrong on him and move on.

This is about your worst shout in a while. I am out on this one.

serghei

He is nowhere near City standard but believe Pep would want him if you like.

Would be about last player City would want and has nothing at all they look for not even his 'good when pressed' due to what he does with ball.

Still blaming everyone but Arthur. Time to accept was wrong on him and move on.

This is about your worst shout in a while. I am out on this one.

God, it never ends with you. My post was actually criticizing him. Way more critique than "blaming everyone but him".

serghei

Aye contrarian to disagree that Arthur would suit City.

Deary me. You need to learn what that word means min.

Well, if you're being honest, I said City don't need badly the things is not good at. That sounds more like City might do with his flaws better than other teams. And I've explained why that is (they have some elements in their game most other teams don't have). From this, you somehow adjusted it to be "City needs him or wants him" so you can have some argument to fight over for.

JamDav1982

Well, if you're being honest, I said City don't need badly the things is not good at. That sounds more like City might do with his flaws better than other teams. From this, you somehow adjusted it to be "City needs him" so you can have some argument to fight over for.

Stop speaking shit. I never claimed you said 'City need him'.

You try to point out other teams flaws and make out he wont be good unless lands at City which is a joke.

serghei

Stop speaking shit. I never claimed you said 'City need him'.

You try to point out other teams flaws and make out he wont be good unless lands at City which is a joke.

He'll probably fail and, of course, you can point at his limitations and say it's his fault for not developing in other areas. I agree though, he is great at keeping the ball, making few errors with passes, moving well to get in possession. On other things, he is not developing at all. Very few teams out there actually need the things he is very good at, and almost all big teams badly need the things he is mediocre add. If you add that... he's toast unless he does something to reinvent himself, which he won't probably, because his mentality and his dedication are also suspect.

Don't you see you're nitpicking and finding things to argue for where there are none? If this is not a critique on Arthur I don't know what is. He is not good enough to play in most big teams and only City might do with his style. FFS...

JamDav1982

Don't you see you're nitpicking and finding things to argue for where there are none? If this is not a critique on Arthur I don't know what is. He is not good enough to play in most big teams and only City might do with his style. FFS...

He would get nowhere near City team and be as out his depth as at Juve/Barca and facing same limitations.

It is on him and not the make up of those sides. Below is no reason City would look at him or he would suit them.

'Press resistance is one of the things they look for the most in their midfielders. Players who complete many passes, and hold off the pressure. Arthur is very good at this. They have De Bruyne who can take risks with passes'

Home of Barca Fans