Arthur

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ignoring second part of what they are saying, it is actually good thing they are taking their time and evaluating things. No need to have another Mina situation but just more expensive.
They will need to take their time and decide their best option

That's usually bad news for us.

Anyway, Arthur or not, need someone who can come in and start right away.

Need an upgrade on Rakitic. Preferably someone that isn't a snail.

Raketa10

Ignoring second part of what they are saying, it is actually good thing they are taking their time and evaluating things. No need to have another Mina situation but just more expensive.

Problem is we should have done that before we paid 4 mil! I have no problem with ‘evaluating things’ but I do have a problem with burning 4 mil.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Or maybe fire the guy who created the Mina situation, you know, the one who likes old experienced players only.

Nothanks

4m is almost nothing in this day and age, the risk outweighs the cons..

if arthur plays in the WC and brazil shine and he's one of the stars then 30m will suddenly be a bargain and that 4m insurance would of been worth it.

Raketa10

4m is almost nothing in this day and age, the risk outweighs the cons..

if arthur plays in the WC and brazil shine and he's one of the stars then 30m will suddenly be a bargain and that 4m insurance would of been worth it.

If he plays and shines? Really? This is how a serious club should buy players? What are we now? FC 365bet?

First of all he is 21 year old player who for sure won’t be a star player in this WC. Secondly even if he doesn’t play at all that doesn't mean we should’t buy him. And thirdly 4 mil is still a big amount of money!

Last edited:

Devils

What exactly is the Mina situation?

To me it seems like a very promising, highly rated young player who has come to a top club but hasn't been given proper chances or consistent playing time to adapt, gain confidence, show his talent and then be judged if he is good enough or not.

The Mina model of signing a young, promising player who is gaining big traction in world football is one I can't really blame our sporting division for pursuing. Even if Mina doesn't work out, I 100% think the club took right approach in identifying him as the best signing for backing-up our defense.

Arthur is in the same model, a bigger gamble but potentially with much bigger payoffs.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Too bad. Would've been the right workhorse.

Kondogbia is a right type of physical workhorse that will be everywhere in the midfield.

Paulinho is a pseudo-workhorse who uses his physical skills to win headers or bully off the players in the box. That's it. We wanted a workhorse for our midfield, but got a horse instead. First touch proves it :lol:

Nothanks

If he plays and shines? Really? This is how a serious club should buy players? What are we now? FC 365bet?

First of all he is 21 year old player who for sure won’t be a star player in this WC. Secondly even if he doesn’t play at all that doesn't mean we should’t buy him. And thirdly 4 mil is still a big amount of money!
it's a hypothetical, drama queen, you really are looking for reasons to complain out of nothing

this piece of business is nothing out of the ordinary

Raketa10

it's a hypothetical, drama queen, you really are looking for reasons to complain out of nothing

this piece of business is nothing out of the ordinary

Yep nothing out of ordinary for FC Barcelona in the last couple of years. That’s just right. First we pay 4 mil and than we go scouting. Perfect!

Our perfect signing strategy and scouting are top reasons we have made a respectful amout of great signings during last 5 years. Gomes, Vidal, Mathieu, Arda, Douglas, Vermaelen, Paulinho etc. Our signings are actually so good that only Rakitic, Umtiti and Ter Stegen managed to establish themself in our first 11 in the last 4 years. :okay:

I don’t count Coutinho here since he was a sure bet.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

That's usually bad news for us.

Anyway, Arthur or not, need someone who can come in and start right away.

Need an upgrade on Rakitic. Preferably someone that isn't a snail.

This is actually one of the things they mean by re-evaluating situation most probably, the 40M is might hinder other signings.

Problem is we should have done that before we paid 4 mil! I have no problem with ‘evaluating things’ but I do have a problem with burning 4 mil.

That is bad, but it is better than burning 40M

Or maybe fire the guy who created the Mina situation, you know, the one who likes old experienced players only.

Hmmm, we can have a long conversation about who to blame, but the board won't fire EV, and no coach would be fired after winning double after benching a fringe player coming midseason from SA that he didn't even choose or liked in the 1st place.
Coaches don't even get fired after doing that. Chygrynskiy was one of the top 5 most expensive defender signing ever, played almost same amount of minutes in 2nd half of the season and it didn't affect Pep at all despite forcing theboard to do the deal. Can give hundreds of example on this
And please don't go off topic with "EV should be fired due to reason X or Y" like Roma game or playing style etc, that is a whole different discussion

What exactly is the Mina situation?

To me it seems like a very promising, highly rated young player who has come to a top club but hasn't been given proper chances or consistent playing time to adapt, gain confidence, show his talent and then be judged if he is good enough or not.

The Mina model of signing a young, promising player who is gaining big traction in world football is one I can't really blame our sporting division for pursuing. Even if Mina doesn't work out, I 100% think the club took right approach in identifying him as the best signing for backing-up our defense.

Arthur is in the same model, a bigger gamble but potentially with much bigger payoffs.

The club might have took the right approach, but the result might end bad too. We might still need to sign a new CB in summer.
We have a big need in midfield, Arthur might or might not be the answer to it. But for 40M and Griezmann potentially coming then him coming might mean we don't make a midfield signing. And if he turns to be not good enough then we will find ourselves with same situation next year but with older midfield and team.
Anyway the rumor -which remain for now just a rumor- is saying we are still considering our option, which I can never fault. This si why we didn't pay 40M in advance, to keep our options open and have time to reconsider, no shame in doing so.

Last edited:

serghei

Kondogbia is a right type of physical workhorse that will be everywhere in the midfield.

Paulinho is a pseudo-workhorse who uses his physical skills to win headers or bully off the players in the box. That's it. We wanted a workhorse for our midfield, but got a horse instead. First touch proves it :lol:

Pretty much. Kondogbia is also a lot more comfortable on the ball. He's more like Yaya.

Felipetonelo

I wouldn't believe in these news about Barca giving up on Arthur. Arthur's father gave an interview at Globo Esporte (a local TV program) 1 hour ago, saying that Arthur was really excited to join Barca in January, but his agent told them that Barca could talk to Gremio to convince Gremio to release Arthur in July because Iniesta is probably leaving.
Maybe Barca is really looking for someone stronger and taller than Arthur, but I don't think they will give up on him.

Home of Barca Fans