Arthur

Messi983

Paulinho has absolutely nothing to do with this. Gremio always wanted to keep Arthur for another season.

serghei

Watching clips with him I can see why people from Brazil say he's odd. He has a very un-brazilian-like dribble. Looks like a Barca CM. The one we've been missing. But can he take the pressure? A lot of time players fail at Barca not because they are not talented or don't have the right ability, but because they can't take the pressure of being asked to win and perform great every single game.

At a different team, you can play average for 2 games, and be great the next two and the press and the fans would take it positively. At Barca/Madrid, if you play two good games and two bad games, and the news and the conclusion everyone draws is that half the time you're shit. Not a lot of players can thrive knowing that this clubs demands absolute excellence from them. That the things you've been praised for in the past, at Barca it's the minimum everyone expects of you. And that everyone around you can do what you do and then some. Suddenly, the confidence turns into doubt, and the player can get into a spiral that ends badly.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Paulinho has absolutely nothing to do with this. Gremio always wanted to keep Arthur for another season.

Better for Arthur development, he will warm them bench under Valverde. No way he will be ahead of Raki, Paulinho and Gomes under EV even if he was better.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That depends on the coach too [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION]

Now if Coutinho is kept at the RM position, he'll be underwhelming and people will start claiming he's a borderline flop due to his transfer fee.

The manager need to set up these players to succeed too by playing to their strenghts.

xXKonan

I completely forgot about Lucas Silva.

But I wonder how much of it is on him or Real completely mismanaging him once they got him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He was too slow for European Football and had to take a step back due to heart problems.

Same issue with Ganso. Too slow.

BarçaBarça

Better for Arthur development, he will warm them bench under Valverde. No way he will be ahead of Raki, Paulinho and Gomes under EV even if he was better.

And you base that on what? That he has stuck with Gomes and Paulinho instead of Rafinha, Denis, Arda or what? I haven't seen Valverde have a fit and good benchplayer, who he has kept a benchplayer, although starters wasn't performing?

For all we know Gomes + Denis could be out this summer, and that would leave space for someone like Arthur and Alena to get decent minutes next season, actually.

Btw buying and getting a player later on is not a Barca-invention or a recent one for that matter - RM has done it with Vinicious Jr. for example.

I have obviously only seen him through youtube-videos, but his technical skill is obvious. My concern will be if he is intelligent enough to compensate for his lack of pace. He is clearly extremely confident with the ball, but can he choose the right pass quickly enough in an European game? If he has some vision along with that technique we have bought ourselves a very good player.

Last edited:

5ergio_Busquets

If Gremio insist on keeping him until 2019 Barca should do it like they did with Mina: A buy option with a fixed sum and see how his development goes until then and decide.

George_Costanza

And you base that on what? That he has stuck with Gomes and Paulinho instead of Rafinha, Denis, Arda or what? I haven't seen Valverde have a fit and good benchplayer, who he has kept a benchplayer, although starters wasn't performing?

Oh boy, this is the most annoying thing about EV and everyone in this forum is talking about it. He insisted playing Suarez while he was not fully fit (Knee injury) while we have fit Paco. He barely give Semedo a chance, a player who started very well and overplay SR. Coutinho is fully fit but he likes it safe and overplay iniesta...I could go on and on.

Find a way out of the cave pls!

Home of Barca Fans