Arthur

Co0ter

Gomes looked very good with Valencia. No scouts were needed to see that

No he didn't. He was perfectly average there, and it's no surprise he is below average here since it takes a much higher IQ to play in our system.

He had a long range goal or so and 1-2 good games there and that was all it took for the hype. He was total shit for Portugal in the Euro too.

michelco

Gomes did not needed scouts. He was playing in Valencia every week :p

Scouts do all the ground work for every transfer, with the sporting director giving priorities, overall strategies, final word etc.

Allthough in the case of Andre Gomes it seems likely he was bought on a whim

Zincubus

Banned
No he didn't. He was perfectly average there, and it's no surprise he is below average here since it takes a much higher IQ to play in our system.

He had a long range goal or so and 1-2 good games there and that was all it took for the hype. He was total shit for Portugal in the Euro too.

If he was just an average Joe back with Valencia why on earth did we fight tooth and nail with Real Madrid for his signature ? Zidane was desperate to sign him.

xXKonan

Gomes was clearly us taking a massive punt on a player who showed some promise at Valencia, especially during the 2014/15 season.

But the systems between both teams were so different it was unknown if he can really adapt here and so far going by what he's shown here that's a big no. He would probably fit in well in a more defensive/counter attacking setup that doesn't rely so much on ball possession.

At least with Arthur he's playing in a team that focuses a lot on possession style football.

God Serena

If he was just an average Joe back with Valencia why on earth did we fight tooth and nail with Real Madrid for his signature ? Zidane was desperate to sign him.

We didn't fight them at all, we just hijacked the transfer in the closing stages. I don't recall seeing even a single Madrid fan shed any tears over him, though. I wonder why...

serghei

Gomes was clearly us taking a massive punt on a player who showed some promise at Valencia, especially during the 2014/15 season.

But the systems between both teams were so different it was unknown if he can really adapt here and so far going by what he's shown here that's a big no. He would probably fit in well in a more defensive/counter attacking setup that doesn't rely so much on ball possession.

At least with Arthur he's playing in a team that focuses a lot on possession style football.

Good post.

khaled_a_d

We didn't fight them at all, we just hijacked the transfer in the closing stages. I don't recall seeing even a single Madrid fan shed any tears over him, though. I wonder why...

I have seen many of them that was disappointed actually.Quit frankly Gomes would have been far better it in any of RM/Juve or even Manu

Felipetonelo

Why are these Libertadore games played right now? Even the Brazilian league is not going atm. Are these important games or some qualifiers? Sorry. I'm so confused about South American competitions

It's group stage now.
I'm not sure, but I guess it's because our season is longer than European season. We start with state championship (middle January to first week of April), then Brazilian Cup (February to middle of October), Brazilian League (April to December) and Libertadores (January to November).
If your team wins everything you'll be playing around 80-85 games a season. So I think the season is longer to make sure teams have enough rest between games and because of the available dates (Brazilian cup only during the week, same for Libertadores, Brazilian league during the week and sunday too).

Home of Barca Fans