Arthur

xXKonan

He was interviewed by Globo, and he talks about how he's already starting taking Spanish classes and he hopes Iniesta stays at Barca.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just read that Xavi interview and I couldn't agree more. It's not all about talent, it's about space. He said Demebele had avenues of space at Rennes and Dortmund and that to play for Barcelona you have to adapt working in much smaller spaces and it forces you to think faster. That will be same thing for Arthur.

Acres of space in Brasil.

Raketa10

Just read that Xavi interview and I couldn't agree more. It's not all about talent, it's about space. He said Demebele had avenues of space at Rennes and Dortmund and that to play for Barcelona you have to adapt working in much smaller spaces and it forces you to think faster. That will be same thing for Arthur.

Acres of space in Brasil.

I agree but he looks mentaly strong and that’s a big plus.

xXKonan

[tw]976156659901853696[/tw]

[tw]976157391543676928[/tw]

[tw]976158500957995008[/tw]

[tw]976160640380256256[/tw]

[tw]976161661462589440[/tw]

Co0ter

How fast is he?

I'm wondering the same thing. It's difficult to tell from only the highlights but from what I can tell he might not have that sprint speed once he gets going, but has very nice acceleration in small spaces. He also dribbles excellently with both feet, it's a joy to watch. Between his dribbling and the short bursts of speed he appears to move fast with the ball, much like Iniesta did when he was younger (before you toss your bananas, not saying they are similar as of right now besides that aspect). We need pace in midfield, but even if he turns out to not be a speed demon, at least he's the type of player that can shield the ball and already looks comfortable in tight spaces. This is where players like Gomes, Rakitic and Paulinho make us suffer. Too slow to get back to defend counters and bad with their back to players and in tight spaces.

He's the type of player I've been wanting us to spend money on for years, but we bought Turan, Gomes and Paulinho instead. I like having a different player like Paulinho but as a sub, not a starter. A Keita type role, one that shouldn't have costed 40mil. Coutinho was a great buy, but we needed him now, not for years....for years we've needed a player with Arthurs's qualities in midfield. I hope he turns out well, he's young and appears to be a hard worker, with his head down. Excited to see him arrive and grow, just like Dembele.

Last edited:

SeloBarca

Speed is not the most important thing for a player playing in his position.
Xavi wasent a speedster but he made up for it bigtime with his ballcontrol and intelligence.

Home of Barca Fans