Arthur

xXKonan

DYSiwbaW0AADbpN.jpg

He was watching the game.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Idk why so many people here are sure he's gonna be a flop.

I could ask no more from him in terms of style and performance in his circumstances. He's done it at the highest level in Brazil and succeeded, and he shows really good qualities. He has passing range, no fear at breaking the lines unlike Rakitic, and really good ball retention with his dribbling ability so he's able to play through pressure. His defensive tenacity is supposed to be one of his better qualities and from what I've seen he reminds me of Verratti in that regard, but he's bigger and looks built/hard to push off the ball. Exactly what we need for that RCM role.

It's possible this doesn't translate to European football but how can you be sure of that from what we've seen so far? I see nothing but a very good prospect that could be key for us if he works out, and I hope he comes in the summer so that he can start acclimating and fighting for his spot.

Raketa10

Because some people here understand football much better than Pep Guardiola and some of them can even read the future from a crystal ball! :D

We really need this guy to be a real deal since there isn't any other controlling midfielder on the market right now so I really hope he succeeds here!!

BarçaBarça

Because some people here understand football much better than Pep Guardiola and some of them can even read the future from a crystal ball! :D

We really need this guy to be a real deal since there isn't any other controlling midfielder on the market right now so I really hope he succeeds here!!

You are right - maybe Pep needed to be interested before anyone could see that he has a fine profile for Barca :thinking:

Raketa10

You are right - maybe Pep needed to be interested before anyone could see that he has a fine profile for Barca :thinking:

It wouldn't change anything, people also doubted Umtiti so he simply needs to prove himself here. The theory that he is from Brasil so he'll flop here is wrong. Luka Modric played at his age for Dinamo Zagreb and no one can seriously claim that Croatian league is better than Brazilian. The fact that he plays in Brazil is totally irrelevant. Only important thing is whether this kid is talented enough to succeed here or not. If he is than it's on us to develop him, he will for sure need time to adapt so we'll need to be patient before we make a judgement on him.

Last edited:

God Serena

It wouldn't change anything, people also doubted Umtiti so he simply needs to prove himself here. The theory that he is from Brasil so he'll flop here is wrong. Luka Modric played at his age for Dinamo Zagreb and no one can seriously claim that Croatian league is better than Brazilian. The fact that he plays in Brazil is totally irrelevant. Only important thing is whether this kid is talented enough to succeed here or not. If he is than it's on us to develop him, he will for sure need time to adapt so we'll need to be patient before we make a judgement on him.

Modric didn't go straight from Dinamo Zagreb to Real Madrid, though. He had spells on loan and then played for a lower tier team (At the time) In Tottenham for years before going to Madrid. Unless our plan with Arthur is to do the same, that's a nonsense comparison.

Any accomplishment he has in Brazil amounts to beating children. He's obviously wanted for his play style but he has no achievements to prove his quality, no European experience to indicate he'll be able to make the jump, and no NT experience to suggest he can gel with world class teammates in a pressure environment.

I'm not predicting he'll flop or saying I don't expect him to do well, but as far as I'm concerned he's as likely to succeed here as the average Barca B player, and we all know how likely that is.

FCBfan22

Bring him here in the summer and play him at Barca B (if we aren't relegated) until January. It's a win-win for everybody. He'll get integrated to Euro football and Barca B will be better because of him.

The only problem is: Is he ready to play for Barca B for 5 months.

CatalinR10

Bring him here in the summer and play him at Barca B (if we aren't relegated) until January. It's a win-win for everybody. He'll get integrated to Euro football and Barca B will be better because of him.

The only problem is: Is he ready to play for Barca B for 5 months.

Are you asking if a 40 mil signing and maybe the most promising player out of Brazil is ready to play at Barca B ?

FCBfan22

Are you asking if a 40 mil signing and maybe the most promising player out of Brazil is ready to play at Barca B ?

Well, if he is ready to do that, we can promote him to the first team as soon as Cou gets that passport. I know it's utopic, but that would be the best scenario.

George_Costanza

Gabriel Jesus is doing well at City. Didn't need to go to lower Europen club to prove himself. I can think of Masch moving from Corinthians to Liverpool (He only played 5 matches in W.Ham before making a move).

khaled_a_d

I could ask no more from him in terms of style and performance in his circumstances. He's done it at the highest level in Brazil and succeeded, and he shows really good qualities. He has passing range, no fear at breaking the lines unlike Rakitic, and really good ball retention with his dribbling ability so he's able to play through pressure. His defensive tenacity is supposed to be one of his better qualities and from what I've seen he reminds me of Verratti in that regard, but he's bigger and looks built/hard to push off the ball. Exactly what we need for that RCM role.

It's possible this doesn't translate to European football but how can you be sure of that from what we've seen so far? I see nothing but a very good prospect that could be key for us if he works out, and I hope he comes in the summer so that he can start acclimating and fighting for his spot.

People hasn't watched him, which make defending or criticizing the signing so much is as absurd as it goes. It is understandable too that some will be optimistic about his skillset and others will be skeptical about him showing it only in weaker league.

Home of Barca Fans