Arthur

khaled_a_d

So are we buying him in the summer and loan him back for 6 months or so until Coutinho gets his Portuguese passport? I was reading stuff saying that he won't get his passport until January 2019?

No one knows for sure, all the official statement said is that we have right to buy him in summer

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
So are we buying him in the summer and loan him back for 6 months or so until Coutinho gets his Portuguese passport? I was reading stuff saying that he won't get his passport until January 2019?

According to MD he'll arrive in January 2019, no info about when Coutinho will get his passport.

BBZ8800

Xavi on Arthur: "Arthur is a special player with Barça DNA, if he signs for Barcelona, I'm sure he'll be a big success. There are certain players at Barça who don't have the right profile, technical ability should always be a priority over physicality."

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], I wonder who he’s talking about not having the right profile?

Xavi was a brilliant player.
But that doesn't mean that he will be a good coah or that he is good at judging players.

Till now, he had some quality shit estimations regarding players.

Also, with that logic, how Xavi's opinion on a player is relevant, then we should ask Messi about our any potential transfer.
I mean, since Messi is the best player ever, is there any better person in the universe to estimate who we should buy than him?

So, once again, their's players skills have nothing to do with with their estimations.
I fell once for Xavi's words (Samper is my successor), lol, and I will not fall for it again.
Let's judge a player with our own eyes.

** Also, didn't Xavi also like Seri? Ouch...

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

More than possible, one of the reasons I am actually patient judging the deal, he strike me as a guy who will do the dirty work and not just a technical player (if he was the later I am not impressed with his highlights)

He is highly technical but works hard off the ball when in possession and not. Xavi was a very technical player too but you seldom saw him run at opponents, dribble them. He kept things very simple. I'm not comparing Arthur to Xavi here so don't jump down my throat.

What I like about Arthur (I've watched 4 of his games) is that he always makes himself available as a passing option, keeps things simple and like Xavi is press resistant.

But that doesn't mean that he will be a good coah or that he is good at judging players.

Also, with that logic, how Xavi's opinion on a player is relevant, then we should ask Messi about our any potential transfer.
I mean, since Messi is the best player ever, is there any better person in the universe to estimate who we should buy than him?

So, once again, their's players skills have nothing to do with with their estimations.
I fell once for Xavi's words (Samper is my successor), lol, and I will not fall for it again.

Confucius say; Man who jump from cliff, jump to conclusion...

I don't know so well about Samper and being Xavi's successor. I doubt I'll ever see his ilk on a football field in my lifetime again. The man was a genius.

That said, I do know that Samper has some great qualities and some not so great. I just think he has been unlucky to come up in a period of Lucho and Valverde but that's just me.

But Xavi is right about the profiles. Gomes, Paulinho, Vidal, Paco and Rakitic to a certain extent don't fit in with our ethos. These are guys that thrive in a more direct system.

Messi983

img_ironda_20180312-072743_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_mundodeportivo750-002-kBZE--572x702@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

img_ironda_20180312-072759_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_sport750-kBZE--572x690@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

BBZ8800

But Xavi is right about the profiles. Gomes, Paulinho, Vidal, Paco and Rakitic to a certain extent don't fit in with our ethos.

These guys don't fit with our ethos.
And guys like Seri and similar don't fit in the same line with winning trophies in 2018.

That is something what Xavi and majority of guys here won't understand for a few more years.
Times have changed.

Also, there is a a whole world of options in between weak players like Seri and physical players unfit for our system like mentioned above.
In 2018, you need some mixture of physique and technique, unlike in Cruijff's and Xavi's days when technique alone was enough.

Havesaks

** Also, didn't Xavi also like Seri? Ouch...

Just because Xavi says something in the media it has nothing to do how he really judges certain players. Quotes from players/managers cannot be trusted.

Home of Barca Fans