Arthur

xXKonan

[tw]972267419673812992[/tw]

Gremio's president says they are just waiting for the documents to come in and sign everything and they can announce it.

Cat Radio says it will likely be finalized on Monday or Tuesday. The amount of work that went into this transfer and how long it took was low key one of the biggest pain in the ass transfer sagas I've seen. Cat Radio also talked about how there were times it nearly collapsed due to Gremio and arthur's agents were trying to modify the commission stuff.

serghei

I think his ball control is amazing. And has that Xavi turn in him. I like him a lot from what I've seen so far, because he doesn't use any fancy tricks or gimmicks. It's basically just good ball control, smart movement and good reading of the game defensively. All basic and key tools for a Barca CM.

I don't say he'll make it for sure, but he could be a true find. Has the skills we've been lacking all this time since Xavi declined and left. Looks much better than Gomes or Paulinho that's for sure. Has more of the qualities we need to up our midfield strenght.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

And it is about getting a talent, If Arthur is as good as the board think he is then we will find a way to fit him in midfield, may be move Coutinho to LW if needed.

Khaled, last few midfield signings by this board were:
Arda, Gomes, Denis, Paulinho.
Amd Coutinho.

But Coutinho is the 3rd most expensive player in the world so it was hard to make a mistake there.
Our last few "normal" Cm signings were horrible.

So, when people say: the board followed these guys, the board has faith in these guys or Robert has scouted these players, it doesn't matter too much to me.

Let's hope that Arthur will be good.
But imo, Robert was horrible till now in signings.
Zubi looks like a mastermind now compared to him.

I won't even mention Beguiristain.

CatalinR10

I think Arthur will make it here. Only saw his yt clips but he is really fast with the ball at his feet , reminds me of Xavi.

Sorin

I don't know much about him. Hope he makes it here. However, i still don't like that he'll come in January next year. We need a world class center mid in the summer. If we count on Raki, Busi again for a whole year then we are making a huge mistake, again. I say a whole year because this guy needs to integrate and don't see that happening until the summer of 2019.

jamrock

Bbz makre a very good point about this board and there track record in siding Midfielders and I'm actually kind scared :lol:

serghei

Bbz makre a very good point about this board and there track record in siding Midfielders and I'm actually kind scared :lol:

Rakitic was a good buy. And we've tried for Verratti who would've been great. I think they realised that you need to sign the right midfielder before he makes the step to a money team.

Only time will tell if Arthur is the right one, but chances are he is based on his skill set.

jamrock

Rakitic was a good buy. And we've tried for Verratti who would've been great. I think they realised that you need to sign the right midfielder before he makes the step to a money team.

Only time will tell if Arthur is the right one, but chances are he is based on his skill set.

Rakitic was a long time ago in football more zubi and kinda clearly a excellent fit.

Roberto as failed big time in this department so far.

First Arda, then he doubles down with Gomes and triples down with paulinho.

3 years 3 horrible Midfielders or was Arda under zubi.

Overall there plan to sign good players before they become big as failed with the exception of umtiti.

But let's hope he turns out good.

khaled_a_d

Rakitic was a long time ago in football more zubi and kinda clearly a excellent fit.

Roberto as failed big time in this department so far.

First Arda, then he doubles down with Gomes and triples down with paulinho.

3 years 3 horrible Midfielders or was Arda under zubi.

Overall there plan to sign good players before they become big as failed with the exception of umtiti.

But let's hope he turns out good.

ِArda was signed by interim "4 men group" before arrival of Roberto

BBZ8800

Offtopic, but now when I think about it, Robert signed these young players since he came:

Gomes 23
Denis 22
Paco 23
Digne 23
Marlon 21
Dembele 20
Mina 23

Arthur??

Umtiti

Till now, his success is 1/8 (Umtiti).
We'll see what will happen with Dembele.

In the worst case scenario, if Dembele and Arthur won't make it, Robert and his policy of signing young players will have a 1/9 success ratio in the last 2 years.
I haven't even counted Deulofeu here since he was La Masia product who returned back.

draconifire

Can only judge him when he comes here, as the Brazilian league is pretty poor when handling players of his technique. That said Roberts signings are damn solid, so I trust him on that. Though I would like him to come here this summer as it will take time for him to adjust, if he comes in the winter window I see him playing for us frequently only in 2019/2020, so he will eventually be 23 by then.

jamrock

It would be better for him to come in the summer, so he can start contributing by January, if he comes January it will be a waster year

God Serena

Who is "They"? I hope you're not talking about the same people who signed Paulinho...

Trickykid

Offtopic, but now when I think about it, Robert signed these young players since he came:

Gomes 23
Denis 22
Paco 23
Digne 23
Marlon 21
Dembele 20
Mina 23

Arthur??

Umtiti

Till now, his success is 1/8 (Umtiti).
We'll see what will happen with Dembele.

In the worst case scenario, if Dembele and Arthur won't make it, Robert and his policy of signing young players will have a 1/9 success ratio in the last 2 years.
I haven't even counted Deulofeu here since he was La Masia product who returned back.

But isn't that exactly your favorite point to peddle here, BBZ, the one about the low success rate of young players at Barça? I honestly don't remember the percentages you usually exemplify this with, but 1/8 doesn't seem too bad in this context.

Anyhow, I still don't really know what to make of this transfer, but if we've managed to lower Gremio's original demands sufficiantly, I don't mind a gamble like this.

Home of Barca Fans