Arthur

Richard.H

I must admit, with all the shitshow our club is in, getting rid of the std Xavi-lite and discount mart Dani alves were good bits of business.

George_Costanza

Weell, BBZ seems to have abandoned ship and joined de Amigos

The Cult of Valverdism is fading away, only few devoted worshipers still believe in the second coming of Valverde (or at least his reincarnation) like Messigician. BBZ always been smart, so abandon the dying cult. Now he is in the middle ground, but soon he will have a clear idea and come up with a cult based on same principles he believes in but with fresh ideas and new cult management. And I bet you will be part of this new cult. ;)

BBZ8800

Weell, BBZ seems to have abandoned ship and joined de Amigos

What has changed in my posts lately compared to my usual posts and ideas?

The only new thing is posting bad about Messi because for me, a current version of Messi is the biggest problem of our team.
He is lately a bigger problem than Suarez, Busi and Rakitic in the last season combined.

fergus90

The only real positive consistent trait Arthur has is the ability to retain possession under pressure and recycle the ball to the nearest player.

Something that's useful if you're holding a lead with 10 minutes to go. Otherwise, all his natural instincts are against making any progressive pass. His game hasn't improved in the two years he's been in Europe.

Rory

Arthur vs Verona 5 tackles, Rabiot 2 tackles. !!!!!!

Arthur is therefore 250% better at defending than Rabiot!!!!

serghei

The only real positive consistent trait Arthur has is the ability to retain possession under pressure and recycle the ball to the nearest player.

Something that's useful if you're holding a lead with 10 minutes to go. Otherwise, all his natural instincts are against making any progressive pass. His game hasn't improved in the two years he's been in Europe.

The problem is teams will rarely use that and will demand box to box players who can tackle, shoot, and try risky passes. In other words, most teams prefer players who try bold things and then have the legs and the speed to recover the ball, than players who keep the flow and keep possession.

If Arthur doesn't change his game to suit what is currently played at almost all teams in Europe, including Barca, he will fail. His style of play brings some great things, in a particular area, but those things are simply in short demand. He needs to widen his skills or he'll bounce around from team to team.

At this point, he is indeed only useful against teams that press you a lot. Against teams that sit back, he is near useless, unless you have a team that has incredible movement. And let's face it, those teams are super-rare. Old Juve and old Barca are not those teams. Great movement is the last thing that comes to mind when watching them.

So, yea, at this point, he will more likely flop than succeed. Unless he changes a lot, or somehow lands at a perfect team for him (unlikely).

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans