Arthur

Raketa10

I honestly don't like the fact that he'll come in January. As we can see in case of Mina he won't contribute anything to the team until 2019/20 season, so even if he is good we basically won't have controlling CM player for another year and we need that ASAP.

vlad

this guy is pure gamble, and barca cant rely on him and hope that he will become WC playera and until then let rakitic be the only one for that position

Raketa10

this guy is pure gamble, and barca cant rely on him and hope that he will become WC playera and until then let rakitic be the only one for that position

Well as things stand right now that will happen. Next year midfield will most probably be: Busi, Rakitic, Iniesta, Paulinho, Coutinho, Alena and Arthur (from January). Gomes and Denis will be sold for sure. As things stand right now I don't see any other solution. There isn't any midfielder on the market that would significantly strengthen our squad. I just hope that Alena and Arthur will prove that they are worthy of Barca shirt otherwise we'll be in a panic mode when 2019 summer market opens.

Maybe we could risk with Thiago if Bayern wants to sell but that would be a HUGE gamble considering the fact that he is unbelievably injury prone.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Every young player you get is a gamble.

We have been trying to find a Xavi profile like player, hell last summer we tried to buy Verratti and even Seri but you see how that went. Arthur is a rather unique skill set that the Brazil national team has been missing for awhile now.

Brazil have a good treasure trove of Box 2 Box Midfielders and Attacking Midfielders but they were missing that one pure CM like player who can dictate the game with his passing a creative plays when needed as well. Thiago was an great option but he opted for Spain instead of Brazil instead.

Arthur is young but it's not like he's some random Brazilian like Douglas was. Arthur played a huge role in helping Gremio get to the Copa Libertadores final, and even Tite the Brazil national team manager is very high on him as well.

I wouldn't doubt he fits the team better here than the likes Gomes and Paulinho.

serghei

I honestly don't like the fact that he'll come in January. As we can see in case of Mina he won't contribute anything to the team until 2019/20 season, so even if he is good we basically won't have controlling CM player for another year and we need that ASAP.

Me neither. I don't get the Mina signing really. We needed Arthur more than Mina. Valverde is not playing Mina, and has Vermaelen as clear 3rd option, so Mina probably will barely play. Why block a non-EU spot for a player who barely plays and could have been signed later.

xXKonan

I think they weren't willing to sit down with us to negotiate unless we accept a couple of their conditions which one of them was the idea that they keep Arthur until the end of the year. With that it opens the idea of possibly getting him for cheaper than the 50 million they were requesting.

I'm going off some of the older rumors back in december when we were really interested in bringing him in. it seems if we wanted him now "January" at the time we would have needed to pay the 50 straight up. Due to the release clause being as high as it was it gave Greimo some options.

Part of that money goes to other people since Gremio didn't fully own the rights to Arthur, but it also gave them some leverage for their conditions.

Raketa10

If he ends up being a flop this might be the stupidest deal ever. 30 mil and one year in advance. He better be worth the time and money!

Catta

If he ends up being a flop this might be the stupidest deal ever. 30 mil and one year in advance. He better be worth the time and money!

It already is the stupidest deal ever, not only will we wait for the overhyped Brazilian one year, he is also still injured since last year. This transfer has flop written all over it. Beacuse of him we will play another season with Busi and Raki as our only competent central midfielders

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He could be the controller of the future though, worth a shot. All those that complain about Barca not playing nice football need to realise its not possible until this type of player is in the squad, he could be that guy

xXKonan

[tw]970800952235184130[/tw]

Says we are down to the final details and the only thing that's an issue is the miscalculation of taxes but other than that he will be a Barca player.

FCBfan22

[tw]970800952235184130[/tw]

Says we are down to the final details and the only thing that's an issue is the miscalculation of taxes but other than that he will be a Barca player.

Is Messi's financial advisor doing this deal?

:benitez:

George_Costanza

It already is the stupidest deal ever, not only will we wait for the overhyped Brazilian one year, he is also still injured since last year. This transfer has flop written all over it. Beacuse of him we will play another season with Busi and Raki as our only competent central midfielders

Arthur is the main reason why Gremio reached and won the Copa Libertadores, I don't doubt his quality but I'm doubting his future mentor and coach.

xXKonan

Some updates.

MARCA wrote an article yesterday on how the deal collapsed, however MD,Cat Radio, and Globo deny such thing has happened. Globo reports today that things are taking quite a bit of time which Gremio considers very normal.

Seems like this one is close but still quite a bit of things left to be done and both sides are carefully taking there time on it.

Kuchi

A flop. I say it first. Valverde will give him zero time cause he wont be ready..so a flop. Write it down.

Home of Barca Fans