Arthur

khaled_a_d

You are not making any point there at all. Two very different cases with no similarities at all, so you can't use one of them as an example to prove something in the other.

No, I am making a very clear point. If an all time club great like Busquets wasn't recognized by many for years while playing in CL and asking why he is in Barca although they watch us. You can't say the same thing about Arthur when you don't even watch him. If he is smart player who controls the game you won't see that in highlights. Hence you can't say "he has nothing special" when we don't watch him regularly.
Could very well be the next great player or the next bust, but unless we are capable of watching him all this guesses are based on almost nothing.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
If the price is around 20m then ok sign him and loan him to an European club even better a liga club and not keep him in the Brazilian league like some reports say.

Gremio wants to keep him for full season, so if we buy him in summer, he'll stay at Gremio until January 2019.

5ergio_Busquets

No, I am making a very clear point. If an all time club great like Busquets wasn't recognized by many for years while playing in CL and asking why he is in Barca although they watch us. You can't say the same thing about Arthur when you don't even watch him. If he is smart player who controls the game you won't see that in highlights. Hence you can't say "he has nothing special" when we don't watch him regularly.
Could very well be the next great player or the next bust, but unless we are capable of watching him all this guesses are based on almost nothing.
We haven't watched him play and it is unknown how good he is and therefore the price mentioned in the Catalan media is way too high.

Nothanks

if we pay the release clause he comes ASAP
if we refuse to pay the release clause Germio holds bargaining power it's simple really.

BarçaBarça

Then they should be ready to accept a much lower price than the one they are asking.

In their eyes they already are 'accepting' a lower price, by allowing us not to pay the buy-out-clause but get him for less.
Let us see how this turns out, a fee around 20M would be a fine bet for us, imo, while everything north of 30M makes me a little less keen on him.

I think this transfer is very clear in its symbolism for the board: Real Madrid beat us to Ceballos - a cheap, young, spanish, perfect fit for us - and now we want 'revenge' by getting a similar player reasonably cheap, to prove that we get our way in the transfermarket. Whether we need him or not - we will have a squad open for experiments with young players next season (with Gomes+Denis out and an older midfield overall), and therefore giving Alena and Arthur some chances would be quite fine, imo.

The recent rumours about Eriksen are more doubtful I think - even though we would benefit from his qualities - he is too expensive (we would have to deal with Levy) and would be more of a super-star signing, and everything points to Griezmann as that signing this summer.

if we pay the release clause he comes ASAP
if we refuse to pay the release clause Germio holds bargaining power it's simple really.

And on the other hand: The player clearly wants to go (he accepted a photo of him in a barca-shirt, ffs!), and therefore we have some bargaining power in that plus the allowance of a loan back to them until next January. With good business skills his fee shouldn't be too high, and if it gets too high (anywhere remotely near the buyout) we should simply refuse and look elsewhere.

Last edited:

BusiTheKing

Right now, a player like him would give us so much balance. We desperately need someone in the midfield who runs for the ball and has the ability to receive it in a tight area, pass it on straight away or turn and drift inwards.

It's not Busi's role to do that at all, but when he's playing there's already 1/3 of our midfield who don't run for the ball. When Rakitic plays alongside him, then 2/3 of our midfield don't really run for the ball. Already at that point, it makes it an incredibly difficult task for the last man in the midfield to run for the ball, because he is the only one for the opposition pressure to focus on. Don't get me started on if Gomes plays as well. Paulinho does actually run for the ball, but he lacks the dexterity for it to be very helpful.

I suppose that's one of the reasons why Valverde prefers a 4 man midfield. He recognizes our inability to play it out from the back and wants to add more options in that regard. No matter what position we play tho, if both Busi (of course he is) and Rakitic are part of our long term plan for the midfield, they will need someone dynamic around them to give them some room to do their thing. Arthur is a brilliant bet for at role like that, IMO. Thiago would be a safer, albeit priceyer option.

Oh? its turned into that?
Well, never been a fan of Paulinho so i wouldnt mind ofloading him and a couple more midfielders.

Shipping Coutinho out is unthinkable. Between Mina and Paulinho, I'll pick Paulinho. He looked like he could be useful in the beginning of the season but that is starting to seem less and less the case. And really if Arthur's the real deal then we need him more than we need Paulinho anyway.

xXKonan

DWW8vYmVQAA229X.jpg

Says Robert is in Porto Alegre to speed up negotiations for Arthur.

Home of Barca Fans