Arthur

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Where are we getting the space for all these non EU players? Paulinho, Arthur, Suarez, Mina, Marlon(?)...

Are we incapable of scouting anywhere but Brazilian players?

I think (hope) Suarez is eligible for an EU spot. Marlon being loaned and forgotten about for another SA center back in Mina makes me feel like he's been tossed for the next shiny toy, despite the fact that he was great for Barca. I heavily disagree with it and think Mina should not be a priority at all, and the only CB signing we should make is De Ligt next summer. Pique, Umtiti, Marlon, De Ligt would honestly be a fine rotation.

As for the Brazilian thing, yah this board has a hard-on for Brazilians but hopefully they've got the right one in Arthur here. If he fits the profile then I'm all for it. This seems a much more appropriate course of action than what was going on in the summer with the whole "insist on Verratti until August 31st" and "insist on Coutinho till August 31st" only to get our asses handed to us by Nasser and Liverpool. And then donkey around with the worst potential alternatives like Parejo and Paulinho (who, despite being a good role player, remains a TERRIBLE decision in terms of finding a solution for our weak midfield). And then throwing away what could've potentially worked in Seri for no reason.

Zincubus

Banned
.@GuillemBalague:
"Arthur has got an agreement with Barcelona, but that needs to be confirmed in an agreement with Gremio. Barca do not want to pay his €50m buy-out clause.”

Windhook

He is good as Jean Michaël Seri at the moment. I like that thing, after passing the ball, he makes some Messi-style runs from midfield to the penalty area.

50m is too much, I hope they negotiate a fee like Semedo - 30m + bonuses. At the same time Real Madrid comes to my mind, they arranged that 16-year old kid from Flamengo for 60m this summer.

xXKonan

According to Miguel Rico there's a good chance we will try and sign him in the summer as scouting reports between Robert and Cury are basically in agreement as in good.

Riordon

We are rumoured to lots of midfielders these days. Just few days ago reliable sources from France reported we wanted to sign Houssem Aouar next summer. I think we will bring two need midfielders. Who do you think it would be? Arthur is probably a done deal.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We're probably monitoring them until they go to bigger clubs.

That's when we'll try to sign them :bartomeu:

Riordon

We're probably monitoring them until they go to bigger clubs.

That's when we'll try to sign them :bartomeu:

Yeah, very possible scenario. Just hope we get one of De Jong or Houssem Aouar, both remind a lot of Iniesta and doing quite good for their teams at a young age. Its really time we get of these next big players instead of paying big amount. De Bruyne, Isco, Coutinho, Eriksen type of signing. All was cheap. Lets hope.

Last edited:

xXKonan

[tw]940708282087411712[/tw]

Says Robert is obsessed with Arthur as he reminds him of Iniesta and Xavi, and could be arriving and at a decent price.

I haven't seen one minute of this guy player live and it's really hard to judge controlling midfielders based on highlights, but even if we do sign this is guy there is no guarantee Valverde will bench Rakitic for him.

We don't want to sign Arthur just to sit him on the bench and rot him.

Home of Barca Fans