Arthur

Riordon

If Alena had Pep as a coach he would play regularly with the first team. Its a management problem. The quality of our performances wouldn't drop in quality with Alena instead of Rakitic. Regarding to his development, its concerning he isn't playing with the first team. His development could easily stall with our B-team, he needs first-team performances to gain experience and develop as a player. Would Valverde or Lucho play a 20 year old Busquest instead of Toure? Definitely not. A management problem.

Jombi

its all about expectations
I don't think we'll find a next xavi / iniesta / busi for alteast a generation much less from la masia..
it was a golden generation, not a typical haul

If Alena will be much worse than Xavi, Iniesta and Busi, and instead be some type of new Denis Suarez, it is indeed worrying. Especially if we are not giving them chances. When was the last starter to come up from La Masia? Busquets?

Nothanks

sergi roberto, but nah it's not worrying people put alena in a high pedestal, i learned my lesson after the 6th overhyped la masia product that barely plays divison 1 football.
if alena can be a useful sub then that's successful in my book.

Jombi

sergi roberto, but nah it's not worrying people put alena in a high pedestal, i learned my lesson after the 6th overhyped la masia product that barely plays divison 1 football.
if alena can be a useful sub then that's successful in my book.

Comparing the situation with a few years ago, its clear that La Masia has basically collapsed. Its not only Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, its Messi, its Pique and others as well. It should worry alot of Barca fans.

Riordon

Comparing the situation with a few years ago, its clear that La Masia has basically collapsed. Its not only Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, its Messi, its Pique and others as well. It should worry alot of Barca fans.

When you aren't capable of producing elite talents, you should be winning in the transfer market by signing young quality players like Real, City and PSG last couple of years. But we aren't winning in the transfermarket either, thats really worrying considering the age of our star players. Its hard to imagine the board change the transfer strategy but maybe paying 100m more for Dembele will wake the board up.

M

MessiCam

lol at Author :lol::worthy:
Disagree with last statements, he will need to be able to do the creative pass. the defense breaking pass is probably biggest need in our attacking set up. Xavi was able to do that well.

Lol.

His passing is really not an issue from what I've seen. From the YouTube clips he seems to be a great passer in the final third but I reserve judgement until I've watched a couple of full games but he appears to rely on positional awareness and timing when making his plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7nZ8lGNang

I was responding to the posters claim that he doesn't show much spark or creativity. I'm referring to it in the sense that he doesn't run at defences and dribble them. That's not his job.

Last edited:

henias

If Alena had Pep as a coach he would play regularly with the first team. Its a management problem. The quality of our performances wouldn't drop in quality with Alena instead of Rakitic. Regarding to his development, its concerning he isn't playing with the first team. His development could easily stall with our B-team, he needs first-team performances to gain experience and develop as a player. Would Valverde or Lucho play a 20 year old Busquest instead of Toure? Definitely not. A management problem.

True but Lucho might still play him. Lucho was still the one who promoted Sergi Roberto to the starting 11 while Valverde is a straight up weakling who wont dare to play him even for a single minute. Plays Iniesta in a useless Juventus match when he could have experimented with any of them. Could try Arnaiz since we lack a winger apart from Deulofeu, didnt do it either. Lucho would have done a better job with this squad. Valverde seems to lack alot of coaching knowledge apart from instilling a fixed 442 defensive mindset where everything has to accomodate that set up despite everything being wrong about it. That's right, a possession style 442 with slow midfielders and strikers and attacking makeshift fullbacks. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

Last edited:
True but Lucho might still play him. Lucho was still the one who promoted Sergi Roberto to the starting 11 while Valverde is a straight up weakling who wont dare to play him even for a single minute. Plays Iniesta in a useless Juventus match when he could have experimented with any of them. Could try Arnaiz since we lack a winger apart from Deulofeu, didnt do it either. Lucho would have done a better job with this squad. Valverde seems to lack alot of coaching knowledge apart from instilling a fixed 442 defensive mindset where everything has to accomodate that set up despite everything being wrong about it. That's right, a possession style 442 with slow midfielders and strikers and attacking makeshift fullbacks. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

The dumbest thing I've heard people say on here is that we would have won more trophies with Valverde as our coach than Lucho over the last 3 years. Yes, because Valverde would be guaranteed to win more than a treble, a double and 6 of the 9 major trophies.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

judging from this vid, his ability to retain the ball is very impressive. Those little turns and bursts of acceleration he does resemble Xavi's movements to an extent. Also very combative, seems to stay on feet when fouled. An exciting prospect for sure. I would take the gamble and pay 40-50m for him.

Last edited:

ASordidGod

Hard to judge from highlights, but I like the look of him. He seems progressive, which for me is a huge thing, he wants to move forward. But not recklessly; he seems to be able to maintain possession too. I think his ability to beat a man could be incredibly useful. A CM who can break the lines (along with Iniesta) would be most welcome. Depending on price, I think he may well be worth the risk.

wisconsincule

I remember watching Gomes highlights and being excited too. These are two different players however and our team desperately needs a player of Arthurs profile so if the price is right (~30mil) pull the trigger

wisconsincule

Also if we manage to land him with Coutihno and them paired with Dembele we will have 3 additional players who can beat their man off of the dribble. Something we are definitely lacking right now.

[tw]937801516378935296[/tw]

Translation:

Arthur: "Barcelona talked to me and we held a meeting. Nothing is signed yet but we'll talk later and I'll be a Barcelona player"

[youtube]7zkX6kfnWbk[/youtube]

Home of Barca Fans