Arthur

xXKonan

Is the price steep? yeah but if he has what we need then get him no question.

much easier to get than someone like Veratti and he's even younger as well.

M

MessiCam

You can see this guy knows how to play from the first time he touched the ball. I don’t know if he’s good enough for Barca, but I like him. He can’t be worse than Gomes.

Can’t be worse than Gomes is not good enough. Might as well get Goretzka then. I haven’t seen him play and I’m reluctant to draw conclusions from YouTube videos. I’ll see if my cousin can download some of his games for me so I can watch myself.

50 Million is a lot of money for a 21 year old that very few have seen. If rumours are true Gremio refuse to negotiate on this so a cautious approach is necessary.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
His style of play has an uncanny resemblance to Xavi's. But that's just aesthetically speaking, if that makes any sense. He's not going to offer anything any Masia player right now can't offer, and for 50 mill? Nah.

Just from watching some of his videos he dribbles too far attempting to retain possession, a sign of lack of skill and ability, especially for a barca mid, the weight of his passes are not right, he also doesn't show much spark or creativity. He's average imo.

M

MessiCam

His style of play has an uncanny resemblance to Xavi's. But that's just aesthetically speaking, if that makes any sense. He's not going to offer anything any Masia player right now can't offer, and for 50 mill? Nah.

Just from watching some of his videos he dribbles too far attempting to retain possession, a sign of lack of skill and ability, especially for a barca mid, the weight of his passes are not right, he also doesn't show much spark or creativity. He's average imo.

Firstly people, in general, need to stop comparing midfielders to Xavi and Iniesta.

Secondly, there is no La Masia player playing this type of role that can step into midfield right now. Alena is an attacking midfielder and Xavi Simons is some ways off and he is possibly the closest thing we have at this stage... This Author appears to be a midfield general, meaning it is his job to get the ball to the right players and areas on the pitch. It is not his job to be creative or flashy.

henias

He's good, I definitely can tell you that. Definitely no Xavi or Iniesta but dribbling and passing is his main strength, tats good enough. And I really like his balance and composure, explosiveness. What I can never understand is how Barca scouted Gomes or Denis Suarez or even Arda bcos they nvr seem to have that potential when I watched their clips back then. Although Gomes and Denis Suarez seemed to have improved, honestly, Barcelona's technicalities are way too demanding, they're simply not good enough. Alena is abit overrated in my opinion, only guy I see with potential is Arnaiz. The rest are pretty average. And if we get Coutinho he shud play LW.

M

MessiCam

He's good, I definitely can tell you that. Definitely no Xavi or Iniesta but dribbling and passing is his main strength, tats good enough. And I really like his balance and composure, explosiveness. What I can never understand is how Barca scouted Gomes or Denis Suarez or even Arda bcos they nvr seem to have that potential when I watched their clips back then. Although Gomes and Denis Suarez seemed to have improved, honestly, Barcelona's technicalities are way too demanding, they're simply not good enough. Alena is abit overrated in my opinion, only guy I see with potential is Arnaiz. The rest are pretty average. And if we get Coutinho he shud play LW.

I think Alena is the best midfield prospect since the golden era to be honest. He is also still very young...

I also agree that Coutinho, if purchased, would be better as a LW.

Jombi

I think Alena is the best midfield prospect since the golden era to be honest. He is also still very young...

I also agree that Coutinho, if purchased, would be better as a LW.

Houssem Aouar is even younger than Alena and he is dominating in France for Lyon as an Iniesta type midfielder. It is worrying that Alena doesnt get any chances even though he'll soon be 20.

M

MessiCam

Houssem Aouar is even younger than Alena and he is dominating in France for Lyon as an Iniesta type midfielder. It is worrying that Alena doesnt get any chances even though he'll soon be 20.

In France and Germany players tend to be promoted very young. I'm not concerned about that but, like you, Alena not playing more with the first team is concerning. But that's on this small minded coach if you ask me. Rakitic shouldn't be started ahead of anybody in my opinion. Roberto along with Alena as a sub should be enough for that RCM spot for now.

Jombi

In France and Germany players tend to be promoted very young. I'm not concerned about that but, like you, Alena not playing more with the first team is concerning. But that's on this small minded coach if you ask me. Rakitic shouldn't be started ahead of anybody in my opinion. Roberto along with Alena as a sub should be enough for that RCM spot for now.

If we look at how many games Xavi and Iniesta had by Alena's age, it is concerning. Xavi had already gotten 64 appearances for the first team by the season he was at Alena's age. He was promoted a year earlier than Houssem Aouar. If Alena isnt given any real chances in the second half of the season either, it cant be good for his development.

Nothanks

why use our record setting club appearance as a example for alena? lol

thats like saying all youth player forwards will never be good because they didn't score a hat trick again r.madrid at age 19 like messi did.

khaled_a_d

Firstly people, in general, need to stop comparing midfielders to Xavi and Iniesta.

Secondly, there is no La Masia player playing this type of role that can step into midfield right now. Alena is an attacking midfielder and Xavi Simons is some ways off and he is possibly the closest thing we have at this stage... This Author appears to be a midfield general, meaning it is his job to get the ball to the right players and areas on the pitch. It is not his job to be creative or flashy.

lol at Author :lol::worthy:
Disagree with last statements, he will need to be able to do the creative pass. the defense breaking pass is probably biggest need in our attacking set up. Xavi was able to do that well.

Jombi

why use our record setting club appearance as a example for alena? lol

thats like saying all youth player forwards will never be good because they didn't score a hat trick again r.madrid at age 19 like messi did.

Xavi and Iniesta are sort of the natural comparisons for any new creative midfielder from La Masia. Even Busquets, by the time he had hit 20, he was about to be a starter for us. Alena will be 20 in a month. Its cause for concern.

Nothanks

its all about expectations
I don't think we'll find a next xavi / iniesta / busi for alteast a generation much less from la masia..
it was a golden generation, not a typical haul

Home of Barca Fans