Arthur

serghei

Lol.

We haven't played our style in years. Our style is not a bunch of lazy stars barely moving off the ball. Off the ball movement was and is a key component of juego de posicion. And as long as it's not there then you can't really say we've been playing our style and failing with it, can you?

BBZ8800

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th.../aug/15/barcelona-la-masia-messi-xavi-iniesta

The subject of Real’s ruthlessly destructive victory over Liverpool in May’s Champions League final crops up. Can Barça’s goalposts be moved when considering “the way we win”? “I think sometimes, we maybe need our [Sergio] Ramos too,” Carmona concedes. “ Because Barça in the last five seasons, in four of them [we have been] eliminated in the quarter-final in Europe. So we have to think about, maybe, our way to play is a good option to win the Spanish league – Barça won seven of the last 10 leagues. But maybe not enough to compete in Europe, because opponents have very big players.”

Even the guy in charge of LA Masia is questioning whether our style can be successful in Europe.

Wow.
There is some IQ among our staff also.

One guy is open for evolving.
I am shocked.

Total-Football

i dont care: our way or the highway.. if trophies is what drove me to support barcelona then i would have been a madridiot beforehand. Technical foot ball won - and still can- win trophies, in the most unique sophisticated fashion. Let them win by crossing a million balls towards the box i dont give a fuck about that.. We failed in europe because we signed the wrong midgets, that is all. Isco+keeping thiago would have taken us to the sky, instead of denis suarez and turtle fabregas. hell even pianic would have sealed us a final in the last years.. Our failing (is it?) has nothing to do with small technical players, it s the lack thereof BBZ. but you have been told this a thousand times so..

Donatello

i dont care: our way or the highway.. if trophies is what drove me to support barcelona then i would have been a madridiot beforehand. Technical foot ball won - and still can- win trophies, in the most unique sophisticated fashion. Let them win by crossing a million balls towards the box i dont give a fuck about that.. We failed in europe because we signed the wrong midgets, that is all. Isco+keeping thiago would have taken us to the sky, instead of denis suarez and turtle fabregas. hell even pianic would have sealed us a final in the last years.. Our failing (is it?) has nothing to do with small technical players, it s the lack thereof BBZ. but you have been told this a thousand times so..

RM had 3 b2b CL, but Barcelona are clearly the most successful team overall of the last decade.

And, Thiago is the most overrated footballer on this forum. Idk what people see in him. They talk like he is some top 3 midfielder.

Last edited:

serghei

Rakitic is the best long range passer in the team, but his short passing as well as his close control are not that great.

BusiTheKing

He's talented enough, but needs to show more eagerness and enthusiasm to receive the ball. Can't be walking around when you're on for 10 minutes.

EdmondDantes

Excellent 15 minute cameo from Arthur.

1 assist, 2 or 3 interceptions, he's won possession twice and passed it around really well. He's a clever player you can tell.

I was also surprised by his speed when he sprinted back to defend the counter from one of our corners. I didn't think he had those afterburners in him.

SeloBarca

Excellent 15 minute cameo from Arthur.

1 assist, 2 or 3 interceptions, he's won possession twice and passed it around really well. He's a clever player you can tell.

I was also surprised by his speed when he sprinted back to defend the counter from one of our corners. I didn't think he had those afterburners in him.

Yes, he put in a good defensive job aswell.
Covered the last man 2-3 times on counterattacks.
And was the first person to run up on counterattacks.

Home of Barca Fans