Arthur

aondoe

I have fought the urge to hype him up because I didn't want to be disappointed, but at this point it's undeniable. This guy is a special player. His touches, vision, and passing technique are incredible for a 21 year old. I look forward to his future at Barca.

xXKonan

This team needed someone like him for a while now.

Since the post-Xavi years, we have relied a lot on Iniesta to try and fill that gap, and while it did work to an extent the problem was he was getting old himself and suffered more injuries as time went on. I remember every time Iniesta either came off or didn't play we really suffered quite a bit and lacked real control, heck it was even a problem when he played sometimes.

I really wish Iniesta stayed one more season here just for Arthur to play together with him and learn from him. :(

aondoe

This team needed someone like him for a while now.

Since the post-Xavi years, we have relied a lot on Iniesta to try and fill that gap, and while it did work to an extent the problem was he was getting old himself and suffered more injuries as time went on. I remember every time Iniesta either came off or didn't play we really suffered quite a bit and lacked real control, heck it was even a problem when he played sometimes.

I really wish Iniesta stayed one more season here just for Arthur to play together with him and learn from him. :(

This is very true. And Lucho Enrique noticed this as well. Do you remember when many people were mad that Barcelona was relying to heavily on the front 3(at the time: Neymar, Messi, Suarez). This was because the midfield couldn't control the game as they did in the past. Sometimes, the ball would just go beyond the midfield to launch the attack immediately.

xXKonan

This is very true. And Lucho Enrique noticed this as well. Do you remember when many people were mad that Barcelona was relying to heavily on the front 3(at the time: Neymar, Messi, Suarez). This was because the midfield couldn't control the game as they did in the past. Sometimes, the ball would just go beyond the midfield to launch the attack immediately.
We also leaned a lot of Busi for control as well, way to much IMO. Busi is a unique player but expecting him to shoulder the control duties while Iniesta wasn't playing wasn't the greatest idea since he needs help as well.

We couldn't just keep sticking CAMs and B2B in the middle and expect miracles. For a team like ours, you will always need a Pure CM passer like Xavi/Arthur. The guy who can tie up loose ends which in turn helps the other Two Midfielders to thrive as well.

The Coutinho-Busi-Rakitic Midfield from the early part of the season was unbalanced because Valverde tried to use Rakitic in a role that he doesn't have the required skill set to pull off but the likes of Arthur actually do.

soul24rage

We also leaned a lot of Busi for control as well, way to much IMO. Busi is a unique player but expecting him to shoulder the control duties while Iniesta wasn't playing wasn't the greatest idea since he needs help as well.

We couldn't just keep sticking CAMs and B2B in the middle and expect miracles. For a team like ours, you will always need a Pure CM passer like Xavi/Arthur. The guy who can tie up loose ends which in turn helps the other Two Midfielders to thrive as well.

The Coutinho-Busi-Rakitic Midfield from the early part of the season was unbalanced because Valverde tried to use Rakitic in a role that he doesn't have the required skill set to pull off but the likes of Arthur actually do.

I feel the current set up of Arthur-Busi-Rakitic/Vidal----Messi-Suarez-Coutinho is our best lineup for CL knockout games

xXKonan

I feel the current set up of Arthur-Busi-Rakitic/Vidal----Messi-Suarez-Coutinho is our best lineup for CL knockout games
We struggled against teams that pressed us hard in the last several years and Arthur will be key to help limit the problem in the Midfield no doubt.

Horatio

You're welcome
As I've called it will progress and become more offensive over time. Seems almost every game so far has been an improvement over the previous. He's the real deal. Was already skilled and shows he's capable of adapting quickly as well. Football IQ proven.

xXKonan

I just remembered back in April If I remember correctly MD reported that the club was considering not picking up the buy option on Arthur because they were worried about his size and considered going for someone more physical such as Fabian Ruiz.

Good thing that never happened. :lol:

EdmondDantes

Dp-56bmWkAI4GPH.jpg

Excellent 60-odd minutes last night.

The second he first touched the ball and just burst past that Sevilla player I knew he meant business, he's showing his speed to blitz past defenders now. 4 chances created last night.

I love how he constantly sneaks in behind opposition players and toe-pokes the ball away from them to gain possession again and again. Laser beam like passes through defensive lines too.

Arthur is a nuclear talent; I hope we nurture him well.

That goofy Barca Ball was right, I'm really 'enjoying' this little blonde fucker in a blaugrana shirt.

-
Imagine if Frenkie joins the party next season and hits the ground running....

Last edited:

Porque

This week is a really good test for him. Back from international duty and Sevilla-Inter-Madrid. I suspect and hope Valverde took him off to conserve energy for the next two fixtures.

Inter and Madrid will be much tougher without Messi.

It has to be a dream to be in central midfield and have the passing options of Apba on the left, Busquets behind you, Coutinho infront of you and Messi to the front-right. You are surrounded by options who you know have glue on their feet.

Without Messi the time and space on the ball will be less for both Arthur and Coutinho. Not to mention that if Dembele enters the lineup that his turnover rate is extremely high currently.

Vilarrubi

Dp-56bmWkAI4GPH.jpg

Excellent 60-odd minutes last night.

The second he first touched the ball and just burst past that Sevilla player I knew he meant business, he's showing his speed to blitz past defenders now. 4 chances created last night.

I love how he constantly sneaks in behind opposition players and toe-pokes the ball away from them to gain possession again and again. Laser beam like passes through defensive lines too.

Arthur is a nuclear talent; I hope we nurture him well.

That goofy Barca Ball was right, I'm really 'enjoying' this little blonde fucker in a blaugrana shirt.

-
Imagine if Frenkie joins the party next season and hits the ground running....

:lol: :lol: that pic ARTHAVI

Raketa10

He was realy good yesterday! He has integrated much faster than I expected but let's stay calm here he will for sure have his ups and downs since he is still a very young player. He has also raised his fitness level which is more than a great news.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans