Page 208 of 241 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 3602

Thread: 8 - Arthur

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cule4life View Post
    The way some guys nitpick Arthur....Wonder how they would have behaved with a young Messi
    No, it's more like how they would behave with new conrollermid in current year. If you're not Xavi, you suck.
    Arthur is imo an incredible player and will become even more so under good coaching. He already showed how useful he is under Tite, the Brazilian national coach and he even commented on what he like about him.

The guy is obviously intimidated by Barca as a culture, because no one can go on and do your gig. His demeanor though shows though that he is best mid we ever had in recent years. He's humble. He is physically sound. He is still a rookey, so he doesn't go on ground making runs/passes, but he is so fucking in control of midfield we haven't seen for years.
    We should build on that knowledge instead of playing the 'certifieed' duds like Rakitic.
    Look, i love Rakitic, but he's a falior as a Barca mid imo, has been since sighning,

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coutinho praised him today saying he's the Midfield engine and that he rarely makes mistakes with the ball.

What amazes me is how well he handled himself against the Spurs and Valencia. It's been a while since we had a CM that we bought that looked generally comfortable off the get-go. And this is from a guy who came straight from Brazil at the young age of 22 years old.

He just needs to keep playing. But I also wish we had a much better system with this squad though. He will improve much more if we had much more off the ball movement and runners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    Unbelievable player.

Just wait until we get a good manager, this guy will become one of the best midfielders on the planet.
    Calm your tits

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXKonan View Post

What amazes me is how well he handled himself against the Spurs and Valencia. It's been a while since we had a CM that we bought that looked generally comfortable off the get-go. And this is from a guy who came straight from Brazil at the young age of 22 years old.

He just needs to keep playing. But I also wish we had a much better system with this squad though. He will improve much more if we had much more off the ball movement and runners.
    That's the thing. For a long time we haven't haven't have a mid that would immediately establish himself coming from a different country, let alone continent. Deco was last coming from a far away Portugal.
    And imagine we would have a good coach? I mean, we already can sort of get along with Valweird and still get along well mostly, but under great system this guy would become world beater. He has unique skills that none of the top mids of today has. Pep probably drools watching him. Mark my words.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnidrologist View Post
    We should build on that knowledge instead of playing the 'certifieed' duds like Rakitic.
    Look, i love Rakitic, but he's a falior as a Barca mid imo, has been since sighning,
    If Arthur will play, that won't affect Rakitic, but Dembele.

I know that you guys dream about Busi-Arthur-Cou, Dembe-Suarez-Messi lineup.
    Or even worse, Busi-Arthur-Cou, Malcom-Messi-Dembele.

None if those will happen against any bigger team.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the thing. For a long time we haven't haven't have a mid that would immediately establish himself coming from a different country, let alone continent. Deco was last coming from a far away Portugal.
    Yaya and Van Bommel were immediate success after Deco who came from different league.
    Obviously that is over a decade ago, though with likes of Song/Cesc being our midfield signings (outside Spain) it isn't exactly a great group

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post

Don't think so. More like:

-------Busquets
    -----Arthur--Vidal
    Dembele-Messi-Coutinho

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So basically you want us to fail and be true so that you could say "i told you so" afterwards. Yes, i know. Hope other people will become familiar with your gig also.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So basically you want us to fail and be true so that you could say "i told you so" afterwards. Yes, i know. Hope other people will become familiar with your gig also.
    There is nothing from what he said that indicates he want us to fail

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post

-------Busquets
    -----Arthur--Vidal
    Dembele-Messi-Coutinho
    Haven't seen that lineup yet. But I agree that on paper it looks to be the best.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    Haven't seen that lineup yet. But I agree that on paper it looks to be the best.
    People will say it's too attacking but I actually like it a lot.

Feels like no matter how conservative/defensive our lineup will be there's always a big chance will concede a goal or get caught out on the counter.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-------Busquets
    -----Arthur--Vidal
    Dembele-Messi-Coutinho
    I feel thats the most balanced lineup with the players we have. When Messi drops deep, Vidal can move up to be the focal point of attack like a false 10. With his physical strength and technique, i think vidal can do well in that role

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik View Post
    It is on paper, and will be only on paper.

We know how Valverde works. Malcom is on route to become the next Paco.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-------Busquets
    -----Arthur--Vidal
    Dembele-Messi-Coutinho
    Big like from me but unless Suarez is injured this won't happen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When i look back and see how often ur predictiins failed im confident it will maybe happen in the future