Arthur

KingLeo10

vidal being better than arthur RIGHT NOW is not even that controversial.

I mean, vidal was arguably the key player for chile's 2 copa americas and has been a starter on CL contending teams like Juventus and Bayern Munich for many years now.

henias

vidal being better than arthur RIGHT NOW is not even that controversial.

I mean, vidal was arguably the key player for chile's 2 copa americas and has been a starter on CL contending teams like Juventus and Bayern Munich for many years now.

No doubt he has the experience. But the reaction on here is hilarious.

xXKonan

I mean I get that Arthur has things he needs to work on but the Vidal comparisons are just ridiculous at this point.

Arthur is 22 years old and he was starting his first La Liga match in Europe. vs Vidal who is 31 years old, has played in a CL final, was a key player for Chile and has boatloads of experience in Europe playing for the likes of Juve, Bayer Leverkusen, and Bayern.

Perhaps the laziest argument I have seen on here to try and discredit Arthur. And the funny thing is this is the only site I've seen people complain about Arthur for yesterday. Everyone else is focused on how poor Alba and Pique were and bitching about Coutinho shooting every time he had the ball. :lol:

gasgas

At his age he is supposed to be attempting as many difficult passes as possible and with more age he would be toning them down, picking his moment to thread them.

but with him it's opposite.
he starting out safe

gasgas

What's the point of receiving the ball, taking 8 touches, hogging the ball for 10 seconds "scanning" and then make a backpass to pique?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I remember at least two instances in which he opted to give a safe pass instead of a line-penetrating pass that Busi makes 10/10 times. He is not very confident atm that's for sure. I reserve my judgement for the following games.

Danic

Whats wrong with people in this forum. Why are u so extreme critical with new players?!
This guy is 22 and made his first laliga match from the beginning. Ofc he is playing it safe. Thats how u build up confidence in your game. Many contacts and successfull passes and actions.
Wonder if some if you ever stood on a football field as a player....

gasgas

Whats wrong with people in this forum. Why are u so extreme critical with new players?!
This guy is 22 and made his first laliga match from the beginning. Ofc he is playing it safe. Thats how u build up confidence in your game. Many contacts and successfull passes and actions.

well unless he reads the forum this is perfectly healthy.

Porque

We need some patience with Arthur and perspective.

How was Dani Ceballos first season at Madrid for example? Someone who was well adapted to La Liga.

Some things take time, and were judging him on game where he has started for the first team ever with Vidal (who also had his first start) and where the team was down to 10 men aftet 28 minutes.

On a slight tangent, where can I find the metres run per match stats for La Liga?

BBZ8800

It seems that not only guys from this forum noticed Arthur's too safe approach in preseason and regular games for Barca till now:
https://en.as.com/en/2018/09/24/football/1537791792_926673.html

Arthur appeared as the neatest of the three new signings on Sunday night. He seemed comfortable and confident on the ball but the more you analyse his stats, it appears he was a little too cautious in his approach. Of his sixty passes, 10 of them were to Busquets and he lost the ball four times. He also committed two fouls and it wasn't long before he was booked. This conditioned his tackling and defending for the rest of the game. He looked keen to drop deep, which maybe a sign that he wants to play in a more Busquets type role but that is already well looked after.

1. he played too cautious
2. a journo also thinks that Arthur maybe wants to play/would fit better in Busi's role with the way how he plays (than into a CM's role)

BusiTheKing

It seems that not only guys from this forum noticed Arthur's too safe approach in preseason and regular games for Barca till now:
https://en.as.com/en/2018/09/24/football/1537791792_926673.html

1. he played too cautious
2. a journo also thinks that Arthur maybe wants to play/would fit better in Busi's role with the way how he plays (than into a CM's role)

I think if you had said that he was a little too cautious, nobody would have had a problem with that. Instead though, what you said that he was one of the weirdest barca midfielders you had ever seen, and that he was the least creative Barca mid in this century.

BBZ8800

I think if you had said that he was a little too cautious, nobody would have had a problem with that. Instead though, what you said that he was one of the weirdest barca midfielders you had ever seen, and that he was the least creative Barca mid in this century.

Your post sounds as if I have said something horribly off.

For example, name 2 midfielders from 2000' till today who played more cautious and with less forward passes than a current Arthur.
You can even put defensive midfielders like Marquez, Edmilson, Davids, Van Bommel, Motta, Cocu into maths.

Home of Barca Fans