Arthur

Newcomer

@Newcomer
It was confirmed by reliable journalists back then. And of course PSG don't give a damn about FFP. They have broken FFP time and time again. Kelayfi is controlling UEFA now and feels untouchable.
Negotiations never started because the relationships between the two clubs are broken after Neymar.

If I say I am shocked, I will be lying.
It's safe to say that this board consists in a bunch of clowns, jokers, and criminals (in the broad sense of the term). #BartomeOUT
Yeah, yeah. You must live in an alternate reality.

Call me when PSG spend 90 M on a player while still having Neymar and Mbapp?.

Mindblowing that you think that if PSG had to spend 90, it would be on Rakitic.

PSG would spend that on Pogba because he is a star on top of his talent.

Birdy

We are talking about summer 2018, when - after the World Cup - you would hear a lot that Rakitic is world-class and teams were after him.
In any case, we would never know since the clowns that run the club never entertained the possibility of selling a finished player when his stock was high

Newcomer

We are talking about summer 2018, when - after the World Cup - you would hear a lot that Rakitic is world-class and teams were after him.
In any case, we would never know since the clowns that run the club never entertained the possibility of selling a finished player when his stock was high

And we are talking about PSG,a club who has not spent more than 70 on any player other than Neymar and Mbapp?. Two offensive superstars. Heck, even the two guys at 70 are Di Maria and Cavani, two other offensive players.

The highest signing in midfield is around 40-47 M. They were ready to spend 70 M on up coming star like de Jong and even then it was not easy to spend that much.

Look at the transfer activity of PSG after they have bought Neymar and Mbapp? and you'll see they can't spend as they want and certainly not 90 M on Rakitic.

Birdy

So you think they wouldn't buy Kante or Pogba or both the last 2-3 years if they were for sale from Chelsea and UTD?
IF you answer yes, of course you know that they would had to pay between 70-90 for the first and between 100-120 for the second?
(Rakitic price was inflated after the World cup as it happens many times with players having good tournaments.)

The fact that they haven't spend that money after Neymar and Mbape does not mean they were not willing to spend that money.
Their top targets were not available, and they were resorting to 2nd tier solutions for which they were not willing to spend.
That's the reason they have not spend big, not any FFP fear, for which they know no one will go after them

Newcomer

So you think they wouldn't buy Kante or Pogba or both the last 2-3 years if they were for sale from Chelsea and UTD?
IF you answer yes, of course you know that they would had to pay between 70-90 for the first and between 100-120 for the second?
(Rakitic price was inflated after the World cup as it happens many times with players having good tournaments.)

The fact that they haven't spend that money after Neymar and Mbape does not mean they were not willing to spend that money.
Their top targets were not available, and they were resorting to 2nd tier solutions for which they were not willing to spend.
That's the reason they have not spend big, not any FFP fear, for which they know no one will go after them

I literally talked about Pogba just few posts ago :

Pogba is worth as much because not only he has great individual skills but he is also a star, very marketable. Remember when you bought Coutinho because you also needed a brazilian star after Neymar departure. It was leaked by Nike at the time. It is very important for clubs like Bar?a or PSG who get a lot of commercial income.

Rakitic is 0 in term of star status and wouldn't be bought by anyone for 90 M. You are dreaming. Even when doing dodgy accounting deals with Arthur and Pjanic, you don't reach that 90 M value.

And yes, PSG fear FFP, otherwise they would have spent much more on very needed part of their team. They wouldn't have loaned a promising player like Lo Celso for a measly 25 M sell on fee.

https://www.transfermarkt.fr/fc-paris-saint-germain/alletransfers/verein/583

Before Neymar and Mbapp? arrivals, PSG selling record was 59 M for 2016/2017 year. Then in 2017/2018, they sold for around 100 M, in 2018/2019 they sold for 114 M, in 2019/2020 they sold for 106 M. Before Icardi purchase, PSG had even sold for much they had bought (95 M).
Yeah, you read it right, PSG had only spent 95 M in last window but they would have spent 90 M on Rakitic. If they spend so few and on so low quality players, it is only because Neymar and Mbapp? are very hard to afford with FFP constraints.

Keep on living in a world where PSG can spend as much as they want. Even the other Bar?a fans here know it is not the case. JamDav has talked extensively about it here.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Raki was never going to be sold for that price, CR7 was sold for 100M after leading RM for 3rd consecutive CL title. No one was paying 90M for 30 year old Raki.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Raki was never going to be sold for that price, CR7 was sold for 100M after leading RM for 3rd consecutive CL title. No one was paying 90M for 30 year old Raki.

That 70-90m PSG bid for Rakitic in 2018 was always bogus. I don't understand how people can believe that. PSG have been very careful at spending money after the Mbappe and Neymar signings so they don't fall into FFP trouble. Look at their signings since then. No way they would drop 90m on Rakitic of all midfielders. No team is that mentally challenged.

It was a play by Rakitic and his agent to force Barca's hand into giving him a much improved contract as Rakitic has since claimed "The Presi" promised him.

Vilarrubi

@Newcomer can’t imagine how gutted you are not getting Rakitic for 90m. So glad you’d didn’t take him off us.

Newcomer

@Newcomer can?t imagine how gutted you are not getting Rakitic for 90m. So glad you?d didn?t take him off us.

We bought trash players in his position anyway. Wouldn't change anything. Bar?a would have been happy i guess.

The only good player PSG has bought in the last 3 years is Real Madrid goalkeeper.

Btw, to stay on topic, before this season, i would have liked Arthur at PSG and i wouldn't think Bar?a would have sold him so soon. Things are moving so fast in football. Incredible.

Birdy

@Newcomer

You are conflating two different arguments:
i) PSG don't spend big after Neymar, because they are afraid of FFP.
ii) PSG would have never spent big on Rakitic especially, but on other players possibly.

Regarding ii), it might be the case.

I challenged i), and the reason i presented is that Kelayfi has power within UEFA, and that's the reason why City for example was checked and not PSG for multiple cases of beaching FFP until 2017.
I used the counter-example of Kante and Pogba to indicate the simple fact that the proposition 'they have not spent money since 2017' is not logically equivalent to the proposition 'they would not have spent money in any case after 2017'.
And you confirmed that Kante or Pogba is a different discussion.
So the rest you say about FFP must not be the case.
Either they are afraid of FFP period or they are not.
They cannot be afraid of FFP only for Rakitic, but not for Pogba.

Newcomer

@Newcomer

You are conflating two different arguments:
i) PSG don't spend big after Neymar, because they are afraid of FFP.
ii) PSG would have never spent big on Rakitic especially, but on other players possibly.

Regarding ii), it might be the case.

I challenged i), and the reason i presented is that Kelayfi has power within UEFA, and that's the reason why City for example was checked and not PSG for multiple cases of beaching FFP until 2017.
I used the counter-example of Kante and Pogba to indicate the simple fact that the proposition 'they have not spent money since 2017' is not logically equivalent to the proposition 'they would not have spent money in any case after 2017'.
And you confirmed that Kante or Pogba is a different discussion.
So the rest you say about FFP must not be the case.
Either they are afraid of FFP period or they are not.
They cannot be afraid of FFP only for Rakitic, but not for Pogba.

PSG wasn't checked ? Are you kidding me ? PSG went to CAS to end the investigation of UEFA a whole year before Manchester City had even trouble with UEFA.

They opened the investigation in September 2017 in an unusual way : The decision to investigate now, rather than wait for the normal retrospective look at clubs? financial years which begins in March, follows widespread concern and complaints from Barcelona, Real Madrid and the Spanish league president Javier Tebas, that PSG are flouting the rules.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/01/psg-ffp-uefa-investigation-transfer-activity-neymar

PSG won their case in 2019 : https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...int-germain-decision-upheld-cas-a8830166.html

So yeah, only 2 year of troubles but they have not been checked according to Birdy.

And yeah, Pogba is a different discussion because on top of his skills he is a marketable player. This means PSG can maybe increase their revenues thanks to some sponsoring which makes the extra money spent on the fee worthwhile. Realistically, i don't think that is the case because Mbapp? is already filling the same cases : young, french, trendy, skilled.

So yeah, PSG can be afraid of FFP only for Rakitic because he has no resale value, he is not marketable. When PSG buys Neymar for 222 M, they instantly get Jordan collaboration and Nike agree to raise their sponsoring from 25 to 80. If you spend the same 222 M on Demb?l?, you are not getting that and you can then be afraid of FFP.

Last edited:

RIZALDINHO

he should be fined for refusing to train because its his job to train and get paid lots of money for it. the board are retarded for swapping for pjanic its ridicules.

Devils

Throw this thread to the bushes, dawg.

Barto already confirmed he will never set foot into the team again.

Everyday I'm thankful we got rid of this guy!

Home of Barca Fans