Arthur

JamDav1982

You can't possibly be defending Valverde. Are you freaking kidding me? I'm not saying that one decision is WHY he's a bad manager. I'm saying it encapsulates his shittyness beautifully.

The kind of match Valverde had against Roma, and then to make Gomes your first sub - that isn't a mistake. That is an abomination. A sack-able one.

Yip will defend EV for double last season from where people were saying Barca were at the beginning.

He fucked up in the CL tie v Roma as well as the players who looked pathetic and sulky and not much fight.

JamDav1982

Its been said many times but EV just has no balls, Roma game was the perfect example of how little mentallity he has, safe approach every time, boring football and no respect to youth development, he Vidal will play over Dembele because he is older and has more experience.

Barca didnt play boring football and Vidal was rarely chosen ahead of Dembele.

Andrew M

I'd say in the Champions League we were pretty dull. The problem was that our transitions were terrible. We lack players who carry the ball up the pitch from our half with pace.

Neeraj

Yip will defend EV for double last season from where people were saying Barca were at the beginning.

He fucked up in the CL tie v Roma as well as the players who looked pathetic and sulky and not much fight.

Double. Hmm, interesting. Considering Madrid literally couldn't care less about the Copa, Barca are always heavy favorites to with the Copa, considering the quality we have versus the competition, and the 2 legged nature of the tournament. Not to mention, he played pretty much our full strength team, or close to it, for pretty much every game post the initial rounds, including DEAD RUBBERS. I'm sorry, but winning the Copa Del Rey by overplaying the likes of Messi and Suarez isn't a great achievement by any feat.

Coming to the league - let's see. We won the title - great. Messi had to literally single handedly drag us in SO many games, I think there's no argument or even discussion to be had on that point. Okay, now during the course of our victory, let's see what we achieved.
a) Played good football? - Nope (You can disagree, but that'll just put you in the minority, they played football that was often hard to watch)
b) Rotated squad and gave rest to key players like Messi and Iniesta? - Nope
c) Developed ANY youth player? - Big fat NOPE
d) Helped new signings integrate? - Nope. SO much so he would play Aleix freaking Vidal over Dembele
e) Made players that weren't performing, better under his "management" - I cannot think of one player who developed to any extent under him

Then we add the CL debacle. Not only did he put out shit tactics, any decent, competent manager would have been able to see the issue at half time or even at the hour mark and make SOME changes. ANYTHING. It's one thing if he tried something that didn't work. His first change comes when the shit has already hit the fan and let's not discuss it any more, because it's clearly established he made a MONUMENTAL fuck up of that game. Enough to warrant sacking him.

Saying "okay we won the double" is a very convenient line for Valverde apologists. It's similar to judging players purely on statistics of goals scored for example. This is Barcelona. The fans expect to see good football. We expect to see a competent showing in CL, not getting trounced by an AS Roma. We expect managers to develop players under their reign. All this in addition to success and trophies.

So no, winning La Liga with Messi single handedly bailing us out of almost every tough spot we had and using our full strength in Copa to win that does not merit a congratulations to him. Far from it.

JamDav1982

Madrid did care about Copa more so than folk like to make on and Barca dominated best league in world.

Yes. Double.

Not reading that. First couple sentences enough.

RMU ReBorn

And the fact that Valverde thought Gomes was good enough tells us everything we need to know about him. It's crazy how ONE decision in ONE match can encapsulate the gross incompetence of a manager so succinctly.
when you play 442 Gomes and paulinho was the best option we had. Feather touch Denis isn't an option to start as fourth mid fielder . Valverde did well with the resources he had . He wasn't the one who asked to sign Gomes . Ev wanted Griezmann . was our board competent to fullfill managers wish ? Nop .. So put the blame on the incompetent baord rather than on a guy who won us domestic double with paulinho , Gomes , paco ,vidal as bench players . Hopefully the display in CDR final was the beginning of beautiful things to come under EV with coutinho , Dembele and Arthur

Neeraj

Madrid did care about Copa more so than folk like to make on and Barca dominated best league in world.

Yes. Double.

Not reading that. First couple sentences enough.

It's fine if you don't read anything, reading your posts, it seems you think it's cool to have a contrarian opinion, and revel in your 'holier than thou' attitude.So I'm not going to bother arguing with someone who thinks we played good football last season, let alone all the other laughable comments on Valverde's success.

JamDav1982

It's fine if you don't read anything, reading your posts, it seems you think it's cool to have a contrarian opinion, and revel in your 'holier than thou' attitude.So I'm not going to bother arguing with someone who thinks we played good football last season, let alone all the other laughable comments on Valverde's success.

Holier than thou attitude?

Struggling there.

RMU ReBorn

Barca had a stupendous defensive record in league last year . Messi was our best player but far from claiming that he single handedly carried Barca . May be in attack . Mats saved us in so many matches. Rakitic , Vermelan, Umtiti ( till he got injured) had to put in that extra shift to maintain our defensive record . Even Paulinho contributed . Playing 433 with Busi and Raki would have been end of the league campaign by December . Ev did what was needed . we didn't even won the league in Lucho's last season with Neymar . Reason was obvious . 433 won't work with out players who will run their soaks off . Only players who can do that in our midfield was Rakitic and paulinho . Both are limited in the creative aspects . So 442 was need of the hour . We lost supercopa , lost Neymar . Another season without league would have marked total domination of Madrid over Barca with kids like Asensio running riot against Us . so easy to say that, it's Barca we want to see attractive football at the same time treble as well . Lucho went for it and got killed in midfield with fast counter attacks. Ev addressed that issue with players that were available . Our board was so stupid to not buy a world class midfielder and then blame is on Ev for playing Gomes and paulinho as our fourth midfielder , with Iniesta who barely plays 90 minutes . Well done Ev . Except that Roma debacle you have done a stupendous job and regained domestic domination . Now it's all up to you to go far in CL with Coutinho , Dembele and Arthur in

Last edited:

Co0ter

Pushing to spend 70mil euros on a slightly above average, inconsistent 30 year old is another huge mistake by Valverde if true. We don't need Willian, at all. What role can he play that Dembele can't. Not to mention VV is playing Coutinho at LW.

Willian in midfield?! 30 years old and expensive. Why?I don't like his tactics either, I also don't like how he didn't attempt to develop Dembele at all and played Coutinho out of position frequently at RCM where he is 50% as effective. Just all major calls I dont agree with.

JamDav1982

Pushing to spend 70mil euros on a slightly above average, inconsistent 30 year old is another huge mistake by Valverde if true. We don't need Willian, at all. What role can he play that Dembele can't. Not to mention VV is playing Coutinho at LW.

Willian in midfield?! 30 years old and expensive. Why?I don't like his tactics either, I also don't like how he didn't attempt to develop Dembele at all and played Coutinho out of position frequently at RCM where he is 50% as effective. Just all major calls I dont agree with.

Coutinho was played at RW due to Iniesta on the left.

Willian would not play midfield.

Dembele got a decent amount of minutes and they are trying to develop him and make him more of a team player and less an individual.

GOAT_SUAREZ

Barca had a stupendous defensive record in league last year . Messi was our best player but far from claiming that he single handedly carried Barca . May be in attack . Mats saved us in so many matches. Rakitic , Vermelan, Umtiti ( till he got injured) had to put in that extra shift to maintain our defensive record . Even Paulinho contributed . Playing 433 with Busi and Raki would have been end of the league campaign by December . Ev did what was needed . we didn't even won the league in Lucho's last season with Neymar . Reason was obvious . 433 won't work with out players who will run their soaks off . Only players who can do that in our midfield was Rakitic and paulinho . Both are limited in the creative aspects . So 442 was need of the hour . We lost supercopa , lost Neymar . Another season without league would have marked total domination of Madrid over Barca with kids like Asensio running riot against Us . so easy to say that, it's Barca we want to see attractive football at the same time treble as well . Lucho went for it and got killed in midfield with fast counter attacks. Ev addressed that issue with players that were available . Our board was so stupid to not buy a world class midfielder and then blame is on Ev for playing Gomes and paulinho as our fourth midfielder , with Iniesta who barely plays 90 minutes . Well done Ev . Except that Roma debacle you have done a stupendous job and regained domestic domination . Now it's all up to you to go far in CL with Coutinho , Dembele and Arthur in

I agree. We will see how he does this year with better options but last year Idk how anyone can knock EV. Dembele out 5 months, Coutinho just came in January and wasn't able to play in UCL, Iniesta washed, Neymar gone etc.

God Serena

Semedo is 24 and both Umtiti and Ter Stegen as players in roughly same age bracket had their best season.

The reason Semedo never played more was because of his performances.

Don't recall ever mentioning Semedo. I agree he was a step below Roberto. But to call Mats and Umtiti young just to lump them in with Alena, Arthur, and Dembele is just... wrong. Lol

Barcilliant

Don't recall ever mentioning Semedo. I agree he was a step below Roberto. But to call Mats and Umtiti young just to lump them in with Alena, Arthur, and Dembele is just... wrong. Lol

Semedo started great and that clown Valverde benched him. Destroyed his confidence. He was picked intermittently which didn't help. If anything we need the pace of Semedo and Dembele. Most of our players have the turning radius of the Titanic...

Home of Barca Fans