Arthur

Devils

Reading the news about this guy and his qualities in training are leaving me stunned.

He's clearly a player with world class potential. Elite level player with incredible passing, vision, touch and control.

Meanwhile here is Uncle Flo's 'extraordinary' signings.

[tw]1019709209187844101[/tw]

But the media and Madrid fans will tell you that Ordriozola and Vinicius are incredible, economic signings while Arthur is fat.

It's absolutely disgusting narrative run by Real Madrid and their corrupt media/fans. I have reason to believe they run their narratives on this forum too.

FFS disgusting outreach of anti-Barca propaganda.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's a very good signing indeed. People worry too much about him playing in Brazil. Many high level talents come out from Brazil in recent years. No South American country is producing more potential high level players than them recently.

He's the best midfield talent to come out from Brazil for a very, very long time, and has been praised to heavens by Argentine journalists too who saw him play vs Lanús.

He has World Class potential, but is still very young and a talent who we need to be patient with and hopefully mould into the player he can become. If we're able to do that we've made one of our best signings in the last decade given his age and how much he want to play for Barca.

Laplacian

I'm glad to hear all the good news about Arthur but seriously let's calm down, these are training sessions; let's reserve judgment on flops/successes when (if) he displays such qualities during the season.

xXKonan

.If Arthur proves he's the real deal, we will finally have a good Midfield base to build off of in the future as Busi and Rakitic are getting older.

Best part is you don't need to look far either assuming the club thinks about not spending the cash. Players such as Alena,Puig,Oriol etc could fit well with Arthur in the Midfield. I always felt the hardest position to reinforce besides the eventual replacement of Messi is Xavi's old spot in the Midfield.

Rakitic did his best and we had success with him but as I said above he's getting old as well. And we gambled on the likes of Rafinha,Gomes,Denis,Arda etc to reinforce the Midfield but to very little success. Paulinho I consider a totally different profile to the rest of them as he brought something different despite being limited in a number of aspects.

Replacing Busi and Iniesta will be incredibly difficult as well but if Arthur ends up doing well as we expect it will make things a lot easier in finding options to pair up with him.

Donatello

.If Arthur proves he's the real deal, we will finally have a good Midfield base to build off of in the future as Busi and Rakitic are getting older.

Best part is you don't need to look far either assuming the club thinks about not spending the cash. Players such as Alena,Puig,Oriol etc could fit well with Arthur in the Midfield. I always felt the hardest position to reinforce besides the eventual replacement of Messi is Xavi's old spot in the Midfield.

Rakitic did his best and we had success with him but as I said above he's getting old as well. And we gambled on the likes of Rafinha,Gomes,Denis,Arda etc to reinforce the Midfield but to very little success. Paulinho I consider a totally different profile to the rest of them as he brought something different despite being limited in a number of aspects.

Replacing Busi and Iniesta will be incredibly difficult as well but if Arthur ends up doing well as we expect it will make things a lot easier in finding options to pair up with him.

We also have Alena, if these two make it, we're set for years.

serghei

It's a very good signing indeed. People worry too much about him playing in Brazil. Many high level talents come out from Brazil in recent years. No South American country is producing more potential high level players than them recently.

He's the best midfield talent to come out from Brazil for a very, very long time, and has been praised to heavens by Argentine journalists too who saw him play vs Lanús.

He has World Class potential, but is still very young and a talent who we need to be patient with and hopefully mould into the player he can become. If we're able to do that we've made one of our best signings in the last decade given his age and how much he want to play for Barca.

He is very young, and very talented. Both him and Dembele should be forced into the starting 11 as much as possible. They're good enough talents to warrant more risks taken with them. Just play Arthur, and rest both Rakitic and Busi (play Rakitic at DM) more often.

God Serena

He is very young, and very talented. Both him and Dembele should be forced into the starting 11 as much as possible. They're good enough talents to warrant more risks taken with them. Just play Arthur, and rest both Rakitic and Busi (play Rakitic at DM) more often.

The problem with both players is they're not established superstars who can whine to the media and make Valverde's status with the fans and club drop, so they're not likely to even come close to that kind of playing time. I'm just hoping to see one of Alena or Arthur at least once every other game...

serghei

That's why the manager is very important. So far Valverde is doing a shitty job at developing the younger players.

God Serena

That's why the manager is very important. So far Valverde is doing a shitty job at developing the younger players.

That's putting it mildly. He came in as the super youth focused coach and nobody would stfu about it but when he actually took charge he actively went out of his way not to use them to the point that it was downright comical. Strong XI's against 3rd tier Copa teams, 0 B players in dead rubber games, Alena and Dembele on the bench while Vidal comes on as the 3rd sub in a squash...

And now the entire process is starting over again.

Home of Barca Fans