Arthur

BBZ8800

Watching Brazil is infuriating with the ever ball-hogging Neymar though. He just halts any hope of fluency in the game. No wonder Arthur didn't get on the ball much in the first half.

About Neymar (and similar cases), a funny thing, I was saying for years how he is killing the flow and a teamplay.
But while he was our player, people were telling me that I am an idiot, a hater, Madrid's agent and similar.
And we probably had a few 1000s of pages of debates and arguing.
Now, when he is gone, even people who were my biggest enemies in Neymar's thread: are laughing at him and those traits which he had for years at Barca.

A lesson for the future: Barca's glasses are a tricky thing.

A lot of people can't see or DON'T want to see some extremely obvious flaws of some of our players.
Especially if a player is "the next big thing" and fan's biggest hope for the future...

EdmondDantes

About Neymar (and similar cases), a funny thing, I was saying for years how he is killing the flow and a teamplay.
But while he was our player, people were telling me that I am an idiot, a hater, Madrid's agent and similar.
Now, when he is gone, even people who were my biggest enemies in Neymar's thread: are laughing at him and those traits which he had for years at Barca.

A lot of people can't see or DON'T want to see some extremely obvious flaws of some of our players.
Especially if a player is "the next big thing" and fan's biggest hope for the future...

The bad side of Neymar's game is magnified ten fold when he plays for Brazil though. At least here he behaved tactically most of the time; for them, it's as if he thinks he's having a kick-about with his mates on a beach in Santos.

The amount of time he drops deep to collect the ball and completely overlooks his midfield until he loses possession is infuriating. Imagine playing with a guy like that.

He gets a ton of goals and assists and all but...

BusiTheKing

His long passes with (I don't know what it's called in english but) the laces part of the shoe are something he should be working on. He's imprecise and as a likely result seems reluctant to pick them.

Otherwise fine. I'm still not worried about this lack of forward passes. Watching him with the ball and how he scans the areas, I'm pretty sure the issue is that he second guesses many of the risky passes, and not that he doesn't see them. That's to say that it's not a lack of ability or creativity, and something that will chance over time as he becomes more comfortable.

raki

:lol:

BusiTheKing

I haven't watched him enough at Paris to say, but Neymar was never ball hogging to a significant fault at Barca. If you say he was, you could easily make the argument that Messi is doing the same.

It's negative aspects of players trying to utilize their talents. Same as Cristiano being wasteful in all the attacks he throws away on bad attempts. His shot volume still ends up producing a lot of goals that Real are now struggling to reproduce.

Neymar was bought here because we lacked creativity and individual ability and that's exactly what he brought. I don't know what kind of idiot you would have to be to expect those qualities to come without the price of failed dribbles and disruptions of tempo.

Of course there's a balance, and that balance is really to be prescribed and instructed by the coach. I think that Lucho understood that Neymar's ability were rooted in his Brazillian way of playing and that repressing that style would ultimately diminish his qualities. Let's not forget that at the same time, he was always tactically disciplined and worked a hell of a lot more defensively than Suarez and Messi.

Gnidrologist

P. sure just another strawman/generalization, because there was plenty of criticism against his dribbling wankery/playacting as far as i remember. "Oh look, i told you so, look how wise i am compared to test of the forum."

Cule4life

The Culest
About Neymar (and similar cases), a funny thing, I was saying for years how he is killing the flow and a teamplay

You weren't the only one saying that.

Still there's a huge diff between how he played at Barca vs PSG. At Barca he was more disciplined, played off others and tracked back. At PSG he's just taking the piss like he's having a Sunday kick off at the beach.

Lucho focused on utilizing his Brazilian samba flavour as a strength to the team. You don't just tell a Brazilian to remove his Brazlianness. You take the good aspects of that and add it to the team.

EdmondDantes

DpyFpUnXcAAfcm-.jpg

Shredded Arthur.

His new diet and fitness regime is paying off.

Edit:

Even the girl in the background is 'miring his Xaviesque glutes.

Home of Barca Fans