Arthur

xXKonan

Think we will see the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 before we see the 4-4-2 again.

4-4-2 has outlived its purposes ages ago and there's no reason to bring it back.

Joan

It's not about formations. We have a bunch of players and the idea is to make it work. Some prefer 4-3-3, others 4-4-2 - you have to look for the best system. Sometimes it'll need to adapt, like vs. Roma and 3 at the back. Valverde will need some fresh ideas, quality pressing and better rotations. I feel positive.

Note: one of the best sides ever, Sacchi's Milan played in 4-4-2. It's mostly about players and set ways.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I don't think even Valverde knows what formation he is going to use, probably depends on our final signing. I would much prefer having Coutinho on wing and signing a midfielder.

xXKonan

According to a tidbit on MD's front cover Arthur surprised everyone with his technical level and quick adaption to the club so far.

Ascom

Very interesting Arthur. He is not the typical brazilian player, even the typical football player and that's good. Sometimes i fear some players lose their mind when getting to a big team but apparently, it's not going to be the case.
Technically i saw him play at Libertadores, and immediatly i thought about him. He was the one that made Gremio play. One thing he has to improve is intensity, like whole south american players who came to European leagues that is normally the thing all have to improve. Still, i am quite confident, it's a big signing really, he seems to have the talent, the mind to be sucessful here.

Btw, don't call him Douglas. Douglas came to Europe with 24 years old, and wasn't even an incontestable player in his team. Arthur cames with 21 years old, won the revelation of the brazilian league and was in the best team of the tournament. He was also the best player in the Libertadores Final. He was also selected in standby for the World cup in Russia. Arthur already did more than Douglas, the fans also need to be patient about his performance. He is just 21 years old and it's his first year in Europe.

xXKonan

MD wrote yet another article on how impressive Arthur has been in training.
he has enough one week to convince the coaching staff and his teammates that you have enough level to be a starter at the club. A Valverde and other technicians, now that you have been working closely, has stunned them his class, his refined technique, rapid compression signs that make you and, of course, his attitude, his desire to learn everything high speed.

Sharing costumes with colleagues who speak the same language, such as Douglas , Marlon , Semedo or Rafinha , is also facilitating their adaptation. Not only that. The good roll of players like Aleix Vidal they also favor relationships and their coupling in these first days. But what has really opened the doors of Barça is its enormous quality, its professional lineage. The first comments among the technicians were to praise his touch of the ball, his reliability and accuracy at the time of giving the pass, his mastery when playing it in conditions. Sources consulted by MD wanted to avoid all kinds of comparisons that do not benefit him, but emphasized their good landing. They highlighted his concussion, that control over himself with the ball stuck to the foot that so many times the Camp Nou saw Xavi do . "It's a very good signing," they said.

*using google translate so not the greatest*

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...r-vestuario-valverde-jugadores-del-barca.html

Assuming this is true it's looking good for Arthur, we just need to see how he plays on the field.

Home of Barca Fans