Arthur

Jombi

Such a solid player and great professional. Composed, intelligent, confident, tenacious, a great leader for his age.

Andresito

Staff member
Does Valverde deserve some credit for this or not?

I think it's a matter of confidence.

I'm sure both Valverde and especially his teammates have told him to hit more of those final third passes because they know he's capable of doing so.

cro-man

This guy is a shield:lol: and its his best weapon when its about keeping the ball. He is shielding off the ball perfectly and its almost impossible without fouling the get the ball from him. His passes are so accurate and he is always able to pass between the lines. He should do it more often and be a bit more brave and being more involed up front but i think that will come with time.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
2ro2ic.jpg

EdmondDantes

[youtube]QnDR-qNDsSY[/youtube]

5:12 - Loved the take-on Arthur made here. It's the kind of dribble I saw in his Gremio compilations along with his twists and turns on the ball. It's very effective and I'm glad we're seeing more of it now. He's starting to show that acceleration/agility over the first 5 yards now.

Very Iniesta like, dare I say.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
[youtube]QnDR-qNDsSY[/youtube]

5:12 - Loved the take-on Arthur made here. It's the kind of dribble I saw in his Gremio compilations along with his twists and turns on the ball. It's very effective and I'm glad we're seeing more of it now. He's starting to show that acceleration/agility over the first 5 yards now.

Very Iniesta like, dare I say.

He played with so much confidence with all of those line breaking forward passes. He needs to be trusted and starting continuously to gain more rhythm. As his comfort and awareness on the pitch rise, so does his passing range.

The way he's developed this season is awesome. Young guys with energy and motivation are always fast learners, especially when they're forced to operate at a technical level next to players like Messi/Dembele. His defensive pressing and stats are already better than what he showed at Gremio, that'll keep improving as his conditioning gets better. Especially in recent games, he seems to improve his passing penetration every single time he plays. His rise in Brazil was extremely fast and impressive, and it's been arguably even more so at Barca. Adding new dimensions to his game every day.

If he was trusted as a full time starter he'd routinely be playing at the level of a top 20 CM even at this point. He already does impress to that level in the time he has gotten.

Home of Barca Fans