Arthur

serghei

Arthur has had a great performance and a good performances in 2/2 games so far. I'd say he's doing amazing so far. Which is kind of stupid to see people criticizing him at this point. At least wait a bit for a bad performance before you talk shit.

Alik

Arthur might not be the best option against a parked bus. Which is fine imo. We have other players for that, and normally it's weak teams who play like that against us.

However, against teams the press us, which is most decent teams, he will prove really useful I think.

Devils

Unbelievable player.

Just wait until we get a good manager, this guy will become one of the best midfielders on the planet.

JerseyAddict

Well I like that he is showing will and determination to play at least. Some of our players are just happy with their position as it is.

mesiesta

Arthur might not be the best option against a parked bus. Which is fine imo. We have other players for that, and normally it's weak teams who play like that against us.

However, against teams the press us, which is most decent teams, he will prove really useful I think.

I think he can be useful in those games too. He is starting to get some understanding with Messi, Alba and others. He already made a lot of forward passes during last 2 games and proved that he is not just one more backpass merchant like people were calling him. He just needs some time to get full chemistry with other players.

Gnidrologist

The way some guys nitpick Arthur....Wonder how they would have behaved with a young Messi :lol:
No, it's more like how they would behave with new conrollermid in current year. If you're not Xavi, you suck.
Arthur is imo an incredible player and will become even more so under good coaching. He already showed how useful he is under Tite, the Brazilian national coach and he even commented on what he like about him.

The guy is obviously intimidated by Barca as a culture, because no one can go on and do your gig. His demeanor though shows though that he is best mid we ever had in recent years. He's humble. He is physically sound. He is still a rookey, so he doesn't go on ground making runs/passes, but he is so fucking in control of midfield we haven't seen for years.
We should build on that knowledge instead of playing the 'certifieed' duds like Rakitic.
Look, i love Rakitic, but he's a falior as a Barca mid imo, has been since sighning,

xXKonan

Coutinho praised him today saying he's the Midfield engine and that he rarely makes mistakes with the ball.

What amazes me is how well he handled himself against the Spurs and Valencia. It's been a while since we had a CM that we bought that looked generally comfortable off the get-go. And this is from a guy who came straight from Brazil at the young age of 22 years old.

He just needs to keep playing. But I also wish we had a much better system with this squad though. He will improve much more if we had much more off the ball movement and runners.

Gnidrologist

What amazes me is how well he handled himself against the Spurs and Valencia. It's been a while since we had a CM that we bought that looked generally comfortable off the get-go. And this is from a guy who came straight from Brazil at the young age of 22 years old.

He just needs to keep playing. But I also wish we had a much better system with this squad though. He will improve much more if we had much more off the ball movement and runners.
That's the thing. For a long time we haven't haven't have a mid that would immediately establish himself coming from a different country, let alone continent. Deco was last coming from a far away Portugal. :lol:
And imagine we would have a good coach? I mean, we already can sort of get along with Valweird and still get along well mostly, but under great system this guy would become world beater. He has unique skills that none of the top mids of today has. Pep probably drools watching him. Mark my words.

BBZ8800

We should build on that knowledge instead of playing the 'certifieed' duds like Rakitic.
Look, i love Rakitic, but he's a falior as a Barca mid imo, has been since sighning,

If Arthur will play, that won't affect Rakitic, but Dembele.

I know that you guys dream about Busi-Arthur-Cou, Dembe-Suarez-Messi lineup.
Or even worse, Busi-Arthur-Cou, Malcom-Messi-Dembele.

None if those will happen against any bigger team.

khaled_a_d

That's the thing. For a long time we haven't haven't have a mid that would immediately establish himself coming from a different country, let alone continent. Deco was last coming from a far away Portugal. :lol:

Yaya and Van Bommel were immediate success after Deco who came from different league.
Obviously that is over a decade ago, though with likes of Song/Cesc being our midfield signings (outside Spain) it isn't exactly a great group

Home of Barca Fans