Arthur

Dado

Oh wow that's super awkward if he has to finish the season. Which means he's with Barca till August even though he's "not really a Barca player" anymore. The board just destablized the locker room, like it's gone now.

Yea this move before the transfer window makes no sense.

Messi983

Oh wow that's super awkward if he has to finish the season. Which means he's with Barca till August even though he's "not really a Barca player" anymore. The board just destablized the locker room, like it's gone now.

It's not like the locker room wasn't destabilized before. Arthur is the least of our problems right now.

Anyway, players were sold/have signed contracts with other clubs while continue to play for their current clubs before, it's not like this has happened for the first time. They are professionals and should give their best until the end. I don't see any problems here.

Dado

It's not like the locker room wasn't destabilized before. Arthur is the least of our problems right now.

Anyway, players were sold/have signed contracts with other clubs while continue to play for their current clubs before, it's not like this has happened for the first time. They are professionals and should give their best until the end. I don't see any problems here.

Yea but usually that player being traded wants to leave and im not sure Arthur does.

Co0ter

lol

Ebs9NIAUwAItoZV

Feel bad for him. He was pushed out to balance the books because the board is absolute shit. We have players that have performed way worse than him and for a much longer, consistent period of time. Worst part is we got MAYBE a slightly better player at this moment, but is 7 years older....

El Gato

Villarato!
Really? if so it'll be really awkward for him.

I mean, he can just refuse to play? It'd actually be more dignified than play, try to play well, possibly help the club that you feel 'objectified' by, while also helping blur the bad image of seniors if your good performances will mask the obvious selection issues they cause? IMO write off the losses, middle finger everyone and start your life in Turin. He wouldn't help anything if he played good football for altruistic-purist reasons at this point and if they call him 'unprofessional' because he didn't respect the contract, all the more reason to see the board/management in bad light.

Will be interesting to see if Sarri can actually work with him. Different league and less focus on the personal responsibility without having to live up to the 'next Xavi' tag could be what he needs.

Andrew M

I mean, he can just refuse to play? It'd actually be more dignified than play, try to play well, possibly help the club that you feel 'objectified' by, while also helping blur the bad image of seniors if your good performances will mask the obvious selection issues they cause? IMO write off the losses, middle finger everyone and start your life in Turin. He wouldn't help anything if he played good football for altruistic-purist reasons at this point and if they call him 'unprofessional' because he didn't respect the contract, all the more reason to see the board/management in bad light.

Will be interesting to see if Sarri can actually work with him. Different league and less focus on the personal responsibility without having to live up to the 'next Xavi' tag could be what he needs.

Or you could try to be a professional and add a title to your name?

JohnN

He gets paid to play. What you are saying cannot be applied to any other job / field, and it doesn't apply in this case either. He is still paid by Barcelona to play to the best of his abilities, so that is the right thing to do.

Andresito

Staff member
Of course he's professional enough. If not for the club at least he'll want to play football with teammates who like him, and have a chance at titles.

MTL_Barca

How exactly is this supposed to balance the books? Won't Pjanic have a higher salary? Is it the 10m cash we're getting?

It's about selling Arthur. He was signed for around 31M (+bonuses) and got a 6 year contract = around 5M/year. So after 2 seasons he was still in the books for like 20M, selling him for 72M means an immediate profit of more than 50M.

Of course that's only a short term solution, because in return they signed Pjanic for 60M on a 4 year deal, what makes him way more expensive than Arthur for the club (15M/year), and that doesn't even consider the higher salary.

At least that's how it works where i live but i assume it's similar in Spain.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
How exactly is this supposed to balance the books? Won't Pjanic have a higher salary? Is it the 10m cash we're getting?

It's balancing the books for this season but negatively affecting the club long term. Its basically a move to protect the board rather than any sporting or long term financial benefit.
Basically clear as day corruption... It's a shame the socios are a bunch fo fucking retards.

KingLeo10

Puig > this backpass maestro.

That's not to say I'm happy with Pjanic either.

But Arthur disappointed me tremendously. He was one of my favorite players coming in.

Home of Barca Fans