Arthur

abiabi

he's good. the problem is he likes to be the first to receive the ball and clear the pressure etc. here Busquets is the first to receive, and he's the 2nd pass, so he usually gets the ball facing the opponent rather than receving it with his back to opponent which is his prefered feature. He doesn't have a 'clarifiying' pass, he likes to beat the pressure with body faints etc. he's receving the ball facing the two banks of four when opponent is settled, he doesnt have that kroos pass between lines

Gnidrologist

Another flock member who assumes oppositions as spoiled emo children to elevate her existence.
No, just an adult, who is able to analyze things without unintelligible screeching. No one is saying that Arthur had a blast of a game, but you did nothing to contribute with any constructive criticism.

No, just an adult, who is able to analyze things without unintelligible screeching. No one is saying that Arthur had a blast of a game, but you did nothing to contribute with any constructive criticism.

More like another flock member pretending to be an adult wanna be in diapers. Did nothing for constructive criticism? You don't understand "back passes, side way passes, easiest passes, the most obvious plays"?

If plain English sounds/looks like unintelligible screeching, I guess you need more than diapers.

Joan

More like another flock member pretending to be an adult wanna be in diapers. Did nothing for constructive criticism? You don't understand "back passes, side way passes, easiest passes, the most obvious plays"?

If plain English sounds/looks like unintelligible screeching, I guess you need more than diapers.

Write it a few more times. More people will get you.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
anyone can receive the ball from the CBs/GK and get a lot of touches. there is nothing special about Arthur's game... positionally and technically average, is fairly mobile but can't dribble.

This is exactly what some people said about Busquets all these years, I guess Guardiola and many other managers and players who highly value him must be blind and stupid.

Some people here go out of their ways to be critical of players they don't like after a performance that they did not like. Sometimes I really wish they switched to support a different team.

Gnidrologist

Maybe you should play FIFA instead of watching football.

khaled_a_d

Quite ironically I am starting to think he can be our next Rakitic (a physically smaller Rakitic) rather than Xavi.
Sure his movements can look like Xavi at times but his overall game seem to be more like Rakitic, he plays physically strong on defense, conservative on attack with some bursts going forward.

Isn't anybody worried that every new player that comes to Barca as a very good player, starts to be a bad player after being coached by Valverde? I didn't see the game to make a comment about Arthur's performance, but looking at everyone comments, it seems he's getting worst day after day. So, players come to Barca with high expectations but most of them aren't that good after a couple months at Barca. I mean, there are just a few guys that were bad players before Valverde and became very good after him, but the opposite happens too often: Dembele, Semedo, Vidal, Lenglet, Malcom, Arthur, just to name these that I can remember.

No, Dembele is developing well under him albeit growing pains, Coutinho is doing well, Paulinho played his best football in Europe, Deulofeu was good for his standards buy ultimately he wasn't good enough.
Only player that can fit that argument is Semedo, who was given ton of chances and played in a shit league before so tough to say he was better.

Sorin

The only criticism I have is that he likes to keep the ball 1 or 2 seconds too much. There were some instances where he dribbled backwards/lateral instead of just releasing the ball to the open man and thus slowing the game a bit. But for his first game he was decent. At least until Lenglet was sent off he was quite good moving off the ball and creating superiority in midfield. After that all our players became worse which is understandable when you play with just 9 outfield players. He needs to keep it simple: pass the ball and move. Rinse and repeat.

Home of Barca Fans