Arthur

EdmondDantes

EEsfdLMXsAEUPX-.jpg

Looking like an elite footballer these days. Leaner, toned muscles. A lot better compared to last season.

Gnidrologist

Nice one. Look around 7.36. Typical [current year] Barca. Arthur trying to find way to advance forward for like 30 seconds, turning and sniffing the spaces and everybody just stand around without any clue or movement. waiting what Arthur's gonna do. What kind of system is that. Even Real looked more creative against PSG today and they were crap.

Riordon

Watched the highlights and I must say that he uses “pausa” way too much. It’s good in some situations but against deep blocks you need to release the ball quicker, preferably one time passes.

serghei

Watched the highlights and I must say that he uses “pausa” way too much. It’s good in some situations but against deep blocks you need to release the ball quicker, preferably one time passes.

Lol, why do you think we're bashing our heads in the walls on this forum? The system of don Valverde doesn't allow us quick passing build-up due to no movement in midfield and forward line. We need to release the ball quicker and I agree, but for that you need smart movement, and this is the chapter that Ernie's Barcelona is downright terrible at.

The passer has to constantly dwell on the ball because there's no one free 90% of the time. Hence the often 'pausas' and the many non-constructive side and backwards passes.

Last edited:

Riordon

Lol, why do you think we're bashing our heads in the walls on this forum? The system of don Valverde doesn't allow us quick passing build-up due to no movement in midfield and forward line. We need to release the ball quicker and I agree, but for that you need smart movement, and this is the chapter that Ernie's Barcelona is downright terrible at.

The passer has to constantly dwell on the ball because there's no one free 90% of the time. Hence the often 'pausas' and the many non-constructive side and backwards passes.

Agree with the fact that the coach isn’t helping but Arthur has the same problems for Brazil and the games I watched with him in Gremio. It’s a little better now but still overdo the pausa.

serghei

Agree with the fact that the coach isn’t helping but Arthur has the same problems for Brazil and the games I watched with him in Gremio. It’s a little better now but still overdo the pausa.

He can't make players move off the ball with his mind. That is the only way to have quick passing vs crowded defenses: great off the ball movement.

serghei

The issue with Frenkie and Arthur is that while they are playing very well even under Ernie, it takes a much better manager to fully unleash them. Those who understand possession football know tbe reasons why.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Jnicee17 comps are so popular I've still not been able to watch it.

I'm getting that "Unable to play this video video at this time. The number of allowed playbacks has been exceeded. Try again later" message. Even his back-up link isn't working.

Total-Football

feel sorry for the lad. he runs circles around opponent midfielders waiting for someone to move but other players are in their zombified mode, defining of valverde s barcelona.

Jcar

It seens that Gremio already has the "new Arthur" :lol: Matheus Henrique whom is 20 years old. He is still a sub, but has talent.

[youtube]IS9MZ42AWos[/youtube]

Matheus Henrique from Grêmio was called by Tite to play in the National Team. He is also a CM controller.

But he ia still learning things, 21 years

[YouTube]9t3qh-Glv38[/YouTube]

Home of Barca Fans