Page 549 of 549 FirstFirst ... 49449499539547548549
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 8235

Thread: 8 - Arthur

  1. #8221
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    @Newcomer
    It was confirmed by reliable journalists back then. And of course PSG don't give a damn about FFP. They have broken FFP time and time again. Kelayfi is controlling UEFA now and feels untouchable.
    Negotiations never started because the relationships between the two clubs are broken after Neymar.



    If I say I am shocked, I will be lying.
    It's safe to say that this board consists in a bunch of clowns, jokers, and criminals (in the broad sense of the term). #BartomeOUT
    Yeah, yeah. You must live in an alternate reality.

    Call me when PSG spend 90 M on a player while still having Neymar and Mbapp?.

    Mindblowing that you think that if PSG had to spend 90, it would be on Rakitic.

    PSG would spend that on Pogba because he is a star on top of his talent.

  2. #8222
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Quote Originally Posted by FC433 View Post
    This dude tends to provide newslines he sees across the internet no matter the source. Wouldn't trust it entirely.
    People are boring.

  3. #8223
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
    Yeah, yeah. You must live in an alternate reality.

    Call me when PSG spend 90 M on a player while still having Neymar and Mbapp?.

    Mindblowing that you think that if PSG had to spend 90, it would be on Rakitic.

    PSG would spend that on Pogba because he is a star on top of his talent.
    We are talking about summer 2018, when - after the World Cup - you would hear a lot that Rakitic is world-class and teams were after him.
    In any case, we would never know since the clowns that run the club never entertained the possibility of selling a finished player when his stock was high
    Xavi's Cups

  4. #8224
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    We are talking about summer 2018, when - after the World Cup - you would hear a lot that Rakitic is world-class and teams were after him.
    In any case, we would never know since the clowns that run the club never entertained the possibility of selling a finished player when his stock was high
    And we are talking about PSG,a club who has not spent more than 70 on any player other than Neymar and Mbapp?. Two offensive superstars. Heck, even the two guys at 70 are Di Maria and Cavani, two other offensive players.

    The highest signing in midfield is around 40-47 M. They were ready to spend 70 M on up coming star like de Jong and even then it was not easy to spend that much.

    Look at the transfer activity of PSG after they have bought Neymar and Mbapp? and you'll see they can't spend as they want and certainly not 90 M on Rakitic.

  5. #8225
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    541
    So you think they wouldn't buy Kante or Pogba or both the last 2-3 years if they were for sale from Chelsea and UTD?
    IF you answer yes, of course you know that they would had to pay between 70-90 for the first and between 100-120 for the second?
    (Rakitic price was inflated after the World cup as it happens many times with players having good tournaments.)

    The fact that they haven't spend that money after Neymar and Mbape does not mean they were not willing to spend that money.
    Their top targets were not available, and they were resorting to 2nd tier solutions for which they were not willing to spend.
    That's the reason they have not spend big, not any FFP fear, for which they know no one will go after them
    Xavi's Cups

  6. #8226
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    So you think they wouldn't buy Kante or Pogba or both the last 2-3 years if they were for sale from Chelsea and UTD?
    IF you answer yes, of course you know that they would had to pay between 70-90 for the first and between 100-120 for the second?
    (Rakitic price was inflated after the World cup as it happens many times with players having good tournaments.)

    The fact that they haven't spend that money after Neymar and Mbape does not mean they were not willing to spend that money.
    Their top targets were not available, and they were resorting to 2nd tier solutions for which they were not willing to spend.
    That's the reason they have not spend big, not any FFP fear, for which they know no one will go after them
    I literally talked about Pogba just few posts ago :
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
    Yeah, yeah. You must live in an alternate reality.

    Call me when PSG spend 90 M on a player while still having Neymar and Mbapp?.

    Mindblowing that you think that if PSG had to spend 90, it would be on Rakitic.

    PSG would spend that on Pogba because he is a star on top of his talent.
    Pogba is worth as much because not only he has great individual skills but he is also a star, very marketable. Remember when you bought Coutinho because you also needed a brazilian star after Neymar departure. It was leaked by Nike at the time. It is very important for clubs like Bar?a or PSG who get a lot of commercial income.

    Rakitic is 0 in term of star status and wouldn't be bought by anyone for 90 M. You are dreaming. Even when doing dodgy accounting deals with Arthur and Pjanic, you don't reach that 90 M value.

    And yes, PSG fear FFP, otherwise they would have spent much more on very needed part of their team. They wouldn't have loaned a promising player like Lo Celso for a measly 25 M sell on fee.

    https://www.transfermarkt.fr/fc-pari...ers/verein/583

    Before Neymar and Mbapp? arrivals, PSG selling record was 59 M for 2016/2017 year. Then in 2017/2018, they sold for around 100 M, in 2018/2019 they sold for 114 M, in 2019/2020 they sold for 106 M. Before Icardi purchase, PSG had even sold for much they had bought (95 M).
    Yeah, you read it right, PSG had only spent 95 M in last window but they would have spent 90 M on Rakitic. If they spend so few and on so low quality players, it is only because Neymar and Mbapp? are very hard to afford with FFP constraints.

    Keep on living in a world where PSG can spend as much as they want. Even the other Bar?a fans here know it is not the case. JamDav has talked extensively about it here.
    Last edited by Newcomer; 1st August 2020 at 05:35 PM.

  7. #8227
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    10,916
    Raki was never going to be sold for that price, CR7 was sold for 100M after leading RM for 3rd consecutive CL title. No one was paying 90M for 30 year old Raki.

  8. #8228
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    31,130
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Raki was never going to be sold for that price, CR7 was sold for 100M after leading RM for 3rd consecutive CL title. No one was paying 90M for 30 year old Raki.
    That 70-90m PSG bid for Rakitic in 2018 was always bogus. I don't understand how people can believe that. PSG have been very careful at spending money after the Mbappe and Neymar signings so they don't fall into FFP trouble. Look at their signings since then. No way they would drop 90m on Rakitic of all midfielders. No team is that mentally challenged.

    It was a play by Rakitic and his agent to force Barca's hand into giving him a much improved contract as Rakitic has since claimed "The Presi" promised him.


  9. #8229
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,295
    @Newcomer can’t imagine how gutted you are not getting Rakitic for 90m. So glad you’d didn’t take him off us.

  10. #8230
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    @Newcomer can?t imagine how gutted you are not getting Rakitic for 90m. So glad you?d didn?t take him off us.
    We bought trash players in his position anyway. Wouldn't change anything. Bar?a would have been happy i guess.

    The only good player PSG has bought in the last 3 years is Real Madrid goalkeeper.

    Btw, to stay on topic, before this season, i would have liked Arthur at PSG and i wouldn't think Bar?a would have sold him so soon. Things are moving so fast in football. Incredible.

  11. #8231
    Senior Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    541
    @Newcomer

    You are conflating two different arguments:
    i) PSG don't spend big after Neymar, because they are afraid of FFP.
    ii) PSG would have never spent big on Rakitic especially, but on other players possibly.

    Regarding ii), it might be the case.

    I challenged i), and the reason i presented is that Kelayfi has power within UEFA, and that's the reason why City for example was checked and not PSG for multiple cases of beaching FFP until 2017.
    I used the counter-example of Kante and Pogba to indicate the simple fact that the proposition 'they have not spent money since 2017' is not logically equivalent to the proposition 'they would not have spent money in any case after 2017'.
    And you confirmed that Kante or Pogba is a different discussion.
    So the rest you say about FFP must not be the case.
    Either they are afraid of FFP period or they are not.
    They cannot be afraid of FFP only for Rakitic, but not for Pogba.
    Xavi's Cups

  12. #8232
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    @Newcomer

    You are conflating two different arguments:
    i) PSG don't spend big after Neymar, because they are afraid of FFP.
    ii) PSG would have never spent big on Rakitic especially, but on other players possibly.

    Regarding ii), it might be the case.

    I challenged i), and the reason i presented is that Kelayfi has power within UEFA, and that's the reason why City for example was checked and not PSG for multiple cases of beaching FFP until 2017.
    I used the counter-example of Kante and Pogba to indicate the simple fact that the proposition 'they have not spent money since 2017' is not logically equivalent to the proposition 'they would not have spent money in any case after 2017'.
    And you confirmed that Kante or Pogba is a different discussion.
    So the rest you say about FFP must not be the case.
    Either they are afraid of FFP period or they are not.
    They cannot be afraid of FFP only for Rakitic, but not for Pogba.
    PSG wasn't checked ? Are you kidding me ? PSG went to CAS to end the investigation of UEFA a whole year before Manchester City had even trouble with UEFA.

    They opened the investigation in September 2017 in an unusual way : The decision to investigate now, rather than wait for the normal retrospective look at clubs? financial years which begins in March, follows widespread concern and complaints from Barcelona, Real Madrid and the Spanish league president Javier Tebas, that PSG are flouting the rules.

    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ctivity-neymar

    PSG won their case in 2019 : https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8830166.html

    So yeah, only 2 year of troubles but they have not been checked according to Birdy.

    And yeah, Pogba is a different discussion because on top of his skills he is a marketable player. This means PSG can maybe increase their revenues thanks to some sponsoring which makes the extra money spent on the fee worthwhile. Realistically, i don't think that is the case because Mbapp? is already filling the same cases : young, french, trendy, skilled.

    So yeah, PSG can be afraid of FFP only for Rakitic because he has no resale value, he is not marketable. When PSG buys Neymar for 222 M, they instantly get Jordan collaboration and Nike agree to raise their sponsoring from 25 to 80. If you spend the same 222 M on Demb?l?, you are not getting that and you can then be afraid of FFP.
    Last edited by Newcomer; 1st August 2020 at 06:42 PM.

  13. #8233
    Senior Member
    Jadentheman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Lmfao
    This board is just making things as they go. If this is true. I can totally see them selling off Stegen. Although that would be a death knell for the board
    #NeyorBust Let continue where we left off ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ👑

  14. #8234
    Member
    RIZALDINHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    399
    he should be fined for refusing to train because its his job to train and get paid lots of money for it. the board are retarded for swapping for pjanic its ridicules.

  15. #8235
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    12,794
    Throw this thread to the bushes, dawg.

    Barto already confirmed he will never set foot into the team again.

    Everyday I'm thankful we got rid of this guy!
    Puyol #5