User Tag List

Page 180 of 180 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180
Results 2,686 to 2,694 of 2694

Thread: 8 - Arthur

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should take a look on how he always looks around before recieving the pass and positions himself to have the best passing options when he gets the ball.
    He just needs to get the damn playingtime to set into the Barcelona style a bit more.
    Last edited by SeloBarca; 18th September 2018 at 09:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liked the way he took advantage of his opportunity today. He'll be the first option for midfield rotations now. Don't know how long it will take, but he's sure looking like a future Barca starter.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
    Liked the way he took advantage of his opportunity today. He'll be the first option for midfield rotations now. Don't know how long it will take, but he's sure looking like a future Barca starter.
    in case you didnt notice,varverde goes by salary scale in his choices not performances.. dont ever expect arthur before vidal in the forseeable furure.
    kilometers matter ..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valverde on Arthur after the game:

“Creo que puede jugar como titular en cualquier momento. Hoy podía haberlo hecho aunque opté por dar continuidad al anterior equipo. Sabe perfectamente cómo jugamos, vienen varios partidos seguidos y tendrá sus opciones”.

"I believe he can be a starter at any given time. Today I could have started him but I opted to give the team a bit of continuity. He knows how we play perfectly and there will be a lot of games and we'll have options"

Something like that.

I think he will be starting a game or two soon.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmondDantes View Post

*this season
    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how Valverde made him wait for like extra 5 minutes because PSV had a offensive throw in, and he was scared of the aerial threat lmao. In a game that was already 3-0.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Valverde's first instinct will always be to play Rakitic over him. It's just how he is as a manager. He'd always choose the safer player, even at the expense of losing creativity and fluidity. To play as a starter, Arthur has to play at a great level. It's not enough to play very well. He has to play a lot better than Rakitic and force Valverde's hand in this.
    I think it has to do with Arthur's age and easing him into La Liga style football. Also, it is Rakitic's last year probably at a high level, so squeezing every ounce of high level football from the Croat is a smart move.

Arthur will be a mainstay in our XI for years to come. I think we all should look at the big picture, glass half full and what have you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmondDantes View Post
    Valverde on Arthur after the game:

“Creo que puede jugar como titular en cualquier momento. Hoy podía haberlo hecho aunque opté por dar continuidad al anterior equipo. Sabe perfectamente cómo jugamos, vienen varios partidos seguidos y tendrá sus opciones”.

"I believe he can be a starter at any given time. Today I could have started him but I opted to give the team a bit of continuity. He knows how we play perfectly and there will be a lot of games and we'll have options"

Something like that.

This perfectly sums up what I said, and it's coming from the boss man himself. He is only 22 guys, we have to remember development takes time and patience. As fans, sometimes we expect performance immediately. Coaches see them and speak to them every day.

Not saying Arthur isn't 'capable' of starting immediately either... afterall, he was MOTM in Libertadores Final. But this is a whole nother level.