Arthur

Pepe Silvia

Give this kid some playing time FFS!
It was a perfect introduction in my eyes. Game was won, it was a home CL match with as little pressure as possible, also our first CL match of season, and a chance to get his feet wet. You don't want to introduce such a young player in a super intense moment. It could crush his career. Smart by EV to get him in when he did. You'll see, he'll get a lot off play time as season heats up.

serghei

He was indirectly at fault for the chances we created at the end of the game including some of the goals. He's not splitting the defense with a pass yet, but he finds the open man in the pocket of space so easily, and when that man is Messi you get a goal scoring opportunity.

Messi and Busi benefit a lot from a player like him.

Gnidrologist

Besides superior off the ball movement, his other advantage over Rakitic is that he always plays with face towards goal. People complain about his backpasses, but whenever he receives the ball he's always able to turn around and asses the situation, while for Raki receiving the ball with back to goal means guaranteed backpass. Also great at pressing. Hope Valverde understands that and gradually starts to rely on him in serious matches. Against hard pressing teams he will be miles better than Raki.

serghei

Valverde's first instinct will always be to play Rakitic over him. It's just how he is as a manager. He'd always choose the safer player, even at the expense of losing creativity and fluidity. To play as a starter, Arthur has to play at a great level. It's not enough to play very well. He has to play a lot better than Rakitic and force Valverde's hand in this.

EdmondDantes

Excellent 15 minutes of football from Arthur tonight.

This is the performance that will earn him a few starts under Valverde. I love the way he twists and turns and then slides a forward pass unexpectedly leaving opposition defenders flat-footed and not knowing what to do.

I liked he faced the challenge of playing 10 v 11 as well.

SeloBarca

Should take a look on how he always looks around before recieving the pass and positions himself to have the best passing options when he gets the ball.
He just needs to get the damn playingtime to set into the Barcelona style a bit more.

Last edited:

PhilS

Liked the way he took advantage of his opportunity today. He'll be the first option for midfield rotations now. Don't know how long it will take, but he's sure looking like a future Barca starter.

Total-Football

Liked the way he took advantage of his opportunity today. He'll be the first option for midfield rotations now. Don't know how long it will take, but he's sure looking like a future Barca starter.
in case you didnt notice,varverde goes by salary scale in his choices not performances.. dont ever expect arthur before vidal in the forseeable furure.

EdmondDantes

Valverde on Arthur after the game:

“Creo que puede jugar como titular en cualquier momento. Hoy podía haberlo hecho aunque opté por dar continuidad al anterior equipo. Sabe perfectamente cómo jugamos, vienen varios partidos seguidos y tendrá sus opciones”.

"I believe he can be a starter at any given time. Today I could have started him but I opted to give the team a bit of continuity. He knows how we play perfectly and there will be a lot of games and we'll have options"

Something like that.

I think he will be starting a game or two soon.

abiabi

I love how Valverde made him wait for like extra 5 minutes because PSV had a offensive throw in, and he was scared of the aerial threat lmao. In a game that was already 3-0.

Home of Barca Fans