Arthur

xXKonan

I reckon he simply cannot be worse than Douglas, nobody actually is, even freaking Despacito Gomes is better than him...
You will find plenty of Douglas like players in Brazil alone heck even worse.

There's a lot of players in Brazil who aren't good enough for Europe and they're pretty easy to spot and if good enough scouting you can find a number of talented players who are good enough for Europe. Douglas was okay enough to be a rotational option for Sao Paulo but that's about it and that alone disqualifies him for Europe.

Douglas not only lacks the ability to play in Europe but he lacks courage and Mental strength as well. he seems like a cool guy to hang out with but in the cases he played he looked like he was scared shitless out on the field. He did okay for a relegation team in Gijon but not much else.

EdmondDantes

Welcome lad.

I'm curious to see what he will look like by the end of pre-season. I think he could do with lowering his body fat percentage a bit. I'm sure our sports science team/nutritionists will evaluate him better though.

God Serena

Have relatively high hopes for this guy. I'm hearing a lot of good things and it has me excited.

Of course, I felt the same about Mina at first, and then he turned out to not be even a fraction as good as people claimed...

xXKonan

With Arthur, I decided to go back and look at another Midfielder who was hyped up quite a bit back in 2014 who would later join Real in January of 2015 in Lucas Silva. The biggest differences between the two are Height and style.

Silva was around 6'0 tall and he looked like a B2B Midfielder. But he was hyped up quite a bit and had a number of teams interested in him. When you go back and watched his games/highlights I could see why his time in Europe failed bar his health issues.

He was slow and I'm not talking about physically but on the ball his passing and thinking what to do with the ball was so slow that even Gomes was faster on what to do with the ball. In weaker leagues you can get away with have the time and place to think but in Europe's top leagues you won't make it with.

Arthur played in the same league but while his style is much different and he's shorter. the difference is just how much quicker Arthur is with the ball in passing and what to do with the ball as well. He knows what to do with it and when to release the ball.

One of the biggest reasons why I feel pretty confident in Arthur to do well here and how much he can improve as well.

Home of Barca Fans