Arthur

FinBarcelonafan

BBZ, why is it so hard to admit that Arthur has been improving, and while he's not amazing or great offensively, he's not crap either? And by offensively I mean your interpretation of what "offensiveness" is, which is skewed towards stats and direct contributions.

I agree he needs to be more professional and keep himself fit for a full season, which he hasn't done in either seasons. Also agree that he'll never be a high scoring midfielder or a great shooter. This doesn't mean though that he can't be offensively very good by doing other things, like finding teammates in good positions, playing creative passes from deeper, dribbling opponents, drawing opponents on him, evading pressure and releasing in space and so on.

You sometimes act as if the ball appears out of nowhere around the box. If you don't make the assist or score the goal, offensively, in your opinion, you almost don't exist at all. How about the first link of a chain of 4-5 consecutive passes that lead to a goal. You don't judge that as offensive contribution at all, just because it doesn't register as a valuable stat?

Great post.

Btw. We didn't sign Arthur to be an offensive beast.

Jcar

I think that Arthur's shoot is good, he just don't use it that much. He needs a coach that puts more pressure on him to attack and learn new things.

He has to know that Barcelona players should do more than what he already does. But he is good, i like him. It is easyer to learn the other things than what he already knows.

Gnidrologist

I think that Arthur's shoot is good, he just don't use it that much. He needs a coach that puts more pressure on him to attack and learn new things.

He has to know that Barcelona players should do more than what he already does. But he is good, i like him. It is easyer to learn the other things than what he already knows.
That's very well put.
I can't remember any current mid that is so good on the ball so nonchalantly avoids any pressure wherever it occurs. That's not just learned skill, but very special ability.

Last edited:

xXKonan

According to Di Marzio, the only way Pjanic comes is if Juventus gets Arthur in exchange.

I guess no Pjanic then.

Vilarrubi

Arthur’s mum commented on Alfredo Martinez’s and MD’s Twitter posts linking Arthur to Juve saying “Arthur is happy in Barcelona” :lol:

You love to see it.

xXKonan

There was a briefing earlier today by the Catalan press saying Him, his dad, and his brother talked with Juventus and today with Abidal and Co saying that he has no intention of leaving Barcelona this summer and will stay.

Gerard Romero says Juve is apparently still trying to convince Arthur. :lol:

mc_lovin

I think the only reason we are okay with selling Arthur is some kind of accounting magic. Get "60ME on paper" for him and Pjanic as a replacement. And let the next board deal with the fallout.

Porque

Still 11 LaLiga games to be played in just over one month so plenty of minutes to be shared in midfield. Lets hope all these exit rumours light a fire under his ass and he performs so good that we opt against trading him.

Vilarrubi

Barcelona and Juventus acknowledge that without Arthur, the Pjanić operation is almost impossible. Arthur's entourage assure that there is no chance that the Brazilian will leave, he doesn't want to. [cadena ser]

Goathur Melo!!

Home of Barca Fans