Arthur

In the courts, we usually bring evidence. If you want to be taken seriously, I'm going to need more than "trust me, it did happen".

My instincts tell me you fabricated the whole bit about Zico and Arthur. Here's two reasons:

1) You have a propensity for exaggeration and lying (no greater proof of this than your sig)
2) Any sane Barcelona fan would recognize that Arthur in his current level isn't even fit to lace Xavi/Iniesta's shoes. It follows without saying that Arthur can't be the best since Zico.

Also can you post one lie I have posted on this forum. Just one. I take great offense to this and will be consulting my fellow woke activists Rose and Greta to see what can be done about this defamation of my character.

serghei

I have been very active on this thread and I've never seen anyone proclaiming even something remotely close to Arthur being one of the best midfielders ever. For fucks sake. The main things said about Arthur are in the lines of top talent, top for his age, with clear qualities, and with visual similarities to Xavi in terms of style of play.

And even if some dude said some silly thing like that once, why is that attributed to all of those who support Arthur? Do we say about you guys that you think Valverde is better than Klopp, just because someone at some point posted something from some website in which Valverde was called the best manager in the world?

KingLeo10

Ok let's play.

Arthur has been described here as one of the best midfielder ever (From that we can conclude a comparison with Zico) and compared to Zidane Scholes etc.

If I have proven to have exaggerated or lied about this I will delete my account.

If I trawl through the posts and find the post that said the above then you will delete your account.

And you of all people should know not to take my Sig seriously.

As the late great Tony Montana once said "I always tell the truth, even when I lie".

Let's play.

:lol::lol:

I didn't know you subscribed to the BBZ cult of shifting narratives/words. Why bring in Zidane, Scholes (???).

Your exact words were: "I disagreed with someone who claimed Arthur was the best midfielder he had seen since Zico".

If you can show me this exact wording from a Barcelona fan in an un-ironic or non-joke post (we can bring in third party evaluators through the poll option to gauge the tone of the post if needed), then you win. Otherwise, I win.

I went all the way back to page 100. Two times I could find the name Zico but it had nothing to do with Arthur being on the same level.

He was 100% from memory described as one of the best midfielders ever seen and no one batted an eyelid. For me the best is Zico so Zico may not have been specifically mentioned, although others like Zidane certainly were. Regardless, none of this detracts from the point in any way, monstrously overrated on this forum.

KingLeo10

I have been very active on this thread and I've never seen anyone proclaiming even something remotely close to Arthur being one of the best midfielders ever. For fucks sake. The main things said about Arthur are in the lines of top talent, top for his age, with clear qualities, and with visual similarities to Xavi in terms of style of play.

And even if some dude said some silly thing like that once, why is that attributed to all of those who support Arthur? Do we say about you guys that you think Valverde is better than Klopp, just because someone at some point posted something from some website in which Valverde was called the best manager in the world?

The guy posts low hanging troll bait like Rose McGowan and Greta and expects anyone to take him seriously.

Don't bother. :lol:

KingLeo10

He was 100% from memory described as one of the best midfielders ever seen and no one batted an eyelid. For me the best is Zico so Zico may not have been specifically mentioned, although others like Zidane certainly were. Regardless, none of this detracts from the point in any way, monstrously overrated on this forum.

Seems like you've been caught in a lie. No worries, I'll give you the Antoine special.

:griezmann:

:lol:

I didn't know you subscribed to the BBZ cult of shifting narratives/words. Why bring in Zidane, Scholes (???).

Your exact words were: "I disagreed with someone who claimed Arthur was the best midfielder he had seen since Zico".

If you can show me this exact wording from a Barcelona fan in an un-ironic or non-joke post (we can bring in third party evaluators through the poll option to gauge the tone of the post if needed), then you win. Otherwise, I win.

Then in fact I have actually underplayed my hand. Because he was mentioned as one of the best midfielders ever, that includes those before Zico. So in fact I under exaggerated rather than exaggerated my point.

Let's put your money where your mouth is. I'm prepared to delete my account based on this. You are not. And yes it wasn't ironic or a joke post.

Give me the word here and I will find the post.

Let's play.

soul24rage

The only thing that I could remember when Arthur was compared to Zico was where the name came from and how Zico isn't a CM.

Not that Arthur was the best midfielder since Zico.

I think anyone sane would have remembered that kind of statement.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I once said that Arthur is currently playing like the best midfielder in the world , but that was at the time where he truly was bossing it (Around Nov/Dec until March/April) , while at the same time the likes of Kdb were injured , Real Madrid was struggling massively with their midfield and just in general no one was truly shining.

That's as far as you will find someone calling him the best. Im fairly certain you wont find someone calling Arthur the best they have seen since Zico.

Did a quick search in this thread and I can't seem to find anything of that sort. It is what it is :valverde:

Edit: Im going to do a forum search in the players and other players thread , but it's looking like Forum De Amigos got this one on lock as per usual. :coffee:

Last edited:

Latschenkiefer

Great. Then I wasted my time in good faith your post would be accurate.

Calidad

Out of interest, can anyone name any CM’s Arthur’s age (23) or under who are quite clearly, better prospects and/or performing or have performed better than Arthur?

Are they first choice for a top international side in their position and are they performing regularly well in a top league?

King Leo, Serghei, any forum De Amigos. Just say the word. And I'll find the post. No irony or joke in the post.

What are you waiting for?

But you better delete your accounts. And I will delete mine if I don't find it. That's a promise.

Who wants to walk the walk with me rather than talking the talk?

Home of Barca Fans