Arthur

KingLeo10

I see BBZ "some Croatian newspaper" 8800 is here trying to peddle his agenda against Arthur when Messi and MATS saved us and he should be there instead.

Arthur had an average game. And so did Rakitic. :lol:

BBZ8800

BBZ would rather see Barca lose than Arthur scoring/do well. Funny how he rushes straight to the Arthur thread after every match to point out every single mistake he's made. as if his favorite player, Rakitic, is perfect :lol:

Weren't they both meh, or ok, since a team won and we kept a clean sheet at an away match of a league challenger?

Arthur wasn’t at his best after being sidelined for two games for no reason. Rakitic, on the other hand, was absolutely atrocious.

If you are using excuses, why not say:
Rakitic hasn't played a whole season, and EV used him now 3 times in 7 days and of course that he was gassed out. (People were using similar excuses for other favorite midfielders, isn't it)?
Or, a similar excuse: Rakitic hasn't played a whole season.
And even when he was playing garbage minutes, he was playing as a CM.
Today, he was thrown into a fire with 3 matches in 7 days on his back and suddenly he had to play as a pivot, which he hasn't played since April or May, and especially he has never played as a pivot with Frenkie-Arthur duo infront of him, so these guys need time and adjusting? So, when you don't play at a certain position for 7 Months, it is expected that you will make mistakes, right?
Again, not to mention that we played AWAY to Atletico, so some chances and mistakes are expected.
Again, even midfielders who are way better than him in press resistance were giving ball away cheaply around around box.

Again, I could imagine similar excuses if one out of 2 favorite midfielders played as a pivot and had a similar game to Rakitic.
Isn't it?

BusiTheKing

The difference is that he tries. He didn't find much today, but he looked for it. He wanted it. When he gets a pass from a player trying to get it out of pressure, he tries to get it out of pressure. He looks for passes. If there's no pass open, he dribbles it out. He strives for doing something good and not the minimum adequate. Rakitic plays that shit right back into pressure with absoultely no shame.

Gnidrologist

^Exactly. What i hate the most about old Rakitic is that we constantly get cornered because of him. He has ball control of a granny.

EdmondDantes

I thought he played well. Shame he didn't get the full 90.

Only thing I can fault him for was 2 average corners (one great one out of 3) - and that bad giveaway but I'm adamant he was fouled, but that Lahoz for you.

Rory

Arthur and Rakitic were about as meh as each other has to be said. Thought Raktitic was better defensively but Arthur better offensively. With Arthur he had that run he went on and the ball over to Griezmann but nothing came of it, other than that kept possession well, Rakitic was well positioned and made some good tackles. Neither covered themselves in glory, and yet again midfield was overran for parts of the game. Thought the midfield 3 grew into the match, first game they've started together so maybe there's more to give.

The midfield being overran for parts of the game was always going to happen away to atletico, not that I think it's good enough for barca but we'll never dominate the midfield like we did with xavi, iniesta, busi. They didn't exactly have many outballs either, firpo was comically bad, suarez and griezmann didn't show for them. Only outball was Messi or Roberto.

Felipetonelo

It was a good game from him, not great, but good. Movement was good and he was always offering passing lanes, gave some good passes forward and a great through ball to Messi in first half. Still needs to use more his dribble, that little burst of speed to get out of the pressure and then move forward/give a pass.

There is some moments when he, Messi, Suarez, Frenkie, get together and start passing the ball quickly and moving forward in a beautiful and effective way. But in the next move all disappears because of this "system" (I don't know how to call that) created by Valverde. It's a shame to see that: little movement out of the ball, too pragmatic and dependant on Messi. Well, the good thing is that Barca can't get worst than that.

I've seen 4 yr olds be more creative with an Etch-a-sketch than this guy has been for us so far. But Forum De Amigos will have you believe it's Tite's fault, or EVs fault or Gremio manager or Messi or Suarez or the Barca tea lady for putting too many sugars in Arturs tea.

I'd play him every game but can at least see why EV doesn't. Needs to improve.

fergus90

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="cy" dir="ltr">Arthur 👏🏻</p>— Cesc Fàbregas Soler (@cesc4official) <a href="https://twitter.com/cesc4official/status/1201238304861151234?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I personally think the midfield looks much stronger with Arthur in it. He keeps the ball under pressure and always tries to get things moving.

Last edited:

PhilS

lol Doesn't take a genius to conclude that he has off the pitch issues. Why else would Rakitic who was relegated to the bench and put on sale suddenly start ahead of him? EV randomly hates Arthur?

Arthur was the only Barca player who attended Neymar's birthday party last season.

Went clubbing with him again 2 months ago when Neymar came to Barca for his court case.

That's just the tip of the iceberg we get to know from the press, who knows what other lifestyle choices he makes. Same as Démbéle. One looks chubbier and less athletic than me as a professional, the other can't stay fit for 3 games in a row.

Football as a whole is declining because of this, new generation wealthy kids dedicating most of their time more and more for Social Media fame, partying and gaming.

The likes of Verratti, Marquinhos and so on all have the same issues in Paris.

We were so lucky with professionals like Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets. Their talents aside, they were hard-working family man. "School boys", as a famous Swede once said. Now comes the pink or blue haired, dabbing, all-night gaming, pokering, social media fame generation. No wonder French Walcott is seen as the biggest talent these days. Football as a whole is declining steadily.
Quite inaccurate to compare Arthur to Dembele. If Arthur has some off-field problems, and I don't know that he does, having just some off-field problems would be a very important step up for Dembele.

KingLeo10

lol Doesn't take a genius to conclude that he has off the pitch issues. Why else would Rakitic who was relegated to the bench and put on sale suddenly start ahead of him? EV randomly hates Arthur?

Arthur was the only Barca player who attended Neymar's birthday party last season.

Went clubbing with him again 2 months ago when Neymar came to Barca for his court case.

That's just the tip of the iceberg we get to know from the press, who knows what other lifestyle choices he makes. Same as Démbéle. One looks chubbier and less athletic than me as a professional, the other can't stay fit for 3 games in a row.

Football as a whole is declining because of this, new generation wealthy kids dedicating most of their time more and more for Social Media fame, partying and gaming.

The likes of Verratti, Marquinhos and so on all have the same issues in Paris.

We were so lucky with professionals like Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets. Their talents aside, they were hard-working family man. "School boys", as a famous Swede once said. Now comes the pink or blue haired, dabbing, all-night gaming, pokering, social media fame generation. No wonder French Walcott is seen as the biggest talent these days. Football as a whole is declining steadily.

Interesting how hair dying, dabbing, all-night gaming, and social media hogging all applies to Neyney and yet he continues to be among your favorites. Any rationale for this?

Home of Barca Fans