Arthur

FCBfan22

If Arthur does come, which of Rakitic or Paulinho will leave?
Seeing there's already Busquets, Roberto, Coutinho, Iniesta and most likely Samper and Aleña in midfield.

Going will most likely be Denis and Gomes. I highly doubt that Samper will play for Barca again (because we have Oriol lined up, who is a much better fit for Barca as a pivot IMHO), but maybe I'm wrong. Roberto will play RB mostly, unless Semedo becomes good offensively. Alena can also be a Dembele sub next season at RM, if Vidal is sold.

So, there you go.

ebieymjunior

Well, unless Yerry Mina turns out to be the flop I suspect he'll be, Paulinho has got to be the one to go regardless, considering he's a massive waste of a non-EU spot.

Way to have confidence in Mina :lol:
My pick would also be Paulinho, don't get me wrong, he was surprisingly better than I had expected, but out of all those midfielders, he's the one least needed.

Going will most likely be Denis and Gomes. I highly doubt that Samper will play for Barca again (because we have Oriol lined up, who is a much better fit for Barca as a pivot IMHO), but maybe I'm wrong. Roberto will play RB mostly, unless Semedo becomes good offensively. Alena can also be a Dembele sub next season at RM, if Vidal is sold.

So, there you go.

I personally disagree with a bunch of what you said.

Denis and Gomes are gone anyway, that's why I didn't include them.
Samper is a better fit for the moment, Oriol still needs time. Eventually Busquets will probably move to Xavi's position, Oriol will start at DM with Samper as backup.
Give Semedo a decent run at RB to boost his confidence going forward, get a decent backup if Palencia isn't good enough and keep Roberto in midfield.
Aleña is best kept in midfield, Paco and Arnaiz are good enough backs in front (plus we're likely getting Griezmann).

khaled_a_d

Seeing there's already Busquets, Roberto, Coutinho, Iniesta and most likely Samper and Aleña in midfield.

Roberto is a full back right now (argue against it as you want, but this has been the case for some time now) , Samper has very little chance to make it to the squad next year.
We will have room for him if we solve the non-eu issue. And I think Paulinho isn't here forlong time btw, thing he will go back to China in two year max but this is just speculation from my behalf

BarçaBarça

[tw]958379232802979840[/tw]

For 30M an unproven hyped and perfect profiled brazilian is quite alright, imo.
We could loan him out in the summer if Gomes, Denis or Alena suddenly explodes, or we could integrate him slowly during next season if Gomes/Denis leaves.
No matter what I think we can get most of our money back, even if he flops, because of his age, nationality and what he has achieved until now (chance of realizing that potential will always draw clubs to players like him).

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Can he really play second DM role?

When Dembele gets fit or we sign Griezmann we will need defensive type of player to add balance.

M

MessiCam

Can he really play second DM role?

When Dembele gets fit or we sign Griezmann we will need defensive type of player to add balance.

He plays as one of a double pivot for Gremio but I don't think he will be signed to play as a pivot. Double pivot is not suited to Barca's midfield superiority.

Joan

He plays as one of a double pivot for Gremio but I don't think he will be signed to play as a pivot. Double pivot is not suited to Barca's midfield superiority.

As has been showed lately. :lol:

The way we use double pivot is different from the classical 4231.

M

MessiCam

As has been showed lately. :lol:

The way we use double pivot is different from the classical 4231.

Yes, that’s because there was no Coutinho and Dembele.

Things have changed significantly now.

With the players we have, now more than ever, 4-3-3 is about the only thing that makes sense. I’m willing to bet on that.

Due to Coutinho’s absence in the Champions League a double pivot will still be used there. I don’t think Dembele will feature much there too unless we’re chasing the tie.

BBZ8800

If Arthur comes, he probably won't be at Barca's level (starting 11) for at least 2 years.
In those 2 years, we'll see whom we'll get rid off.

Till then:
1. Iniesta will retire
2. we'll see what will happen with Rakitic and Paulinho
3. Alena may improve or fail
4. Coutinho or Dembele may turn as failure

There's no need to hurry and sell players because of unproven Arthur.

Denis and Gomes are gone anyway, that's why I didn't include them.
Samper is a better fit for the moment, Oriol still needs time. Eventually Busquets will probably move to Xavi's position, Oriol will start at DM with Samper as backup.
Give Semedo a decent run at RB to boost his confidence going forward, get a decent backup if Palencia isn't good enough and keep Roberto in midfield.
Aleña is best kept in midfield, Paco and Arnaiz are good enough backs in front (plus we're likely getting Griezmann).

You would:
1. move Busi to a CM
2. play Alena as a CM
3. play Samper here
4. buy Arthur
5. play Roberto as a midfielder

The only problem, that besides these 5, we still have: Coutinho, Iniesta, Paulinho, Dembele, Iniesta, Rakitic (Gomes and Denis).

Last edited:

ebieymjunior

If Arthur comes, he probably won't be at Barca's level (starting 11) for at least 2 years.
In those 2 years, we'll see whom we'll get rid off.

Till then:
1. Iniesta will retire
2. we'll see what will happen with Rakitic and Paulinho
3. Alena may improve or fail
4. Coutinho or Dembele may turn as failure

There's no need to hurry and sell players because of unproven Arthur.

You would:
1. move Busi to a CM
2. play Alena as a CM
3. play Samper here
4. buy Arthur
5. play Roberto as a midfielder

The only problem, that besides these 5, we still have: Coutinho, Iniesta, Paulinho, Dembele, Iniesta, Rakitic (Gomes and Denis).

I meant for the coming year, bro. We can't have 9 midfielders for 3 positions, even though they're all good.
So like everyone, I'm trying (looking towards the future) to see what's best for us.

If you read well, you'd see, for Busquets I was talking about the future, explaining why Oriol can't be promoted directly.
Basically it seems we'll buy Arthur anyway, so it's just a matter of who do we get rid of.
(Btw, I'd loan Arthur back until December, at which point Paulinho can be sold) to get this:

DM: Busquets/Samper/*Oriol (B team)
CM: Roberto/Rakitic/Paulinho (December: Arthur)
AM: Coutinho/Iniesta/Aleña

Nothanks

why do you guys still even talk about that trash player samper.. lol
one okay preseason and he's considered barca quality

Home of Barca Fans