Arthur

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
His stats till now reminds me of Dembele from last season.
Poor matches, scores a goal=stats looks awesome.

His play in the attacking 3rd is only slightly better than the last season and his game is still full of backpasses, ballhogging, slowing down the game, passing to a nearest teammate and bad passes in the attacking 3rd.
Masked by a good pass (assist) here and there.
Midfield is even more chaotic than the last season.
Midfield is MIA in almost every away game, which wasn't happening in the first 2 EV's seasons.
Our overall defending (where Frenkie and Arthur are helping a lot) is worse than ever in EV's 3 seasons.
His physique and stamina already reminds on the 2nd part of the last season.

I have said a few weeks ago, just wait until any player plays more and 10s of bugs and obvious flaws will surface.

I am glad that more users are lately posting some doubts about Arthur.
Because a hype, alibies and pushing a head into a sand regarding his flaws are reminding me on Dembele on this forum in his 1st two years.
1. Sport was attacking poor Dembele and inventing bad stories about him "for no reason"
2. Suarez was yelling at him for no reason
3. a lot of teammates said remarks about him
4. EV was dropping him or subbing him all the time
Yet people had alibies for everything. A team is not moving, he has no one to pass the ball to, Suarez is dumb, EV is dumb, Sport is inventing stories.

Arthur is a nice player to have in a team.
A guy with some good areas and a guy with some really poor areas.
But you guys are acting as if we are watching a reincarnation of Xavi, lol.

In this moment, he is by far the most overrated player by our fanbase.
Dembele was no1 in the last season.

Now, on larger samples, I don't think that a current Arthur's season is any better than the first season.
The only difference is that some stats (Assists and 2 goals) are now on his side.

At the end of the last season, he dropped to a 5th place in the pecking order (Busi, Raki, Vidal, Alena, Arthur).
EV tried a lot of new things at the beginning of this season, due to a pressure of fans and the board.
But if Arthur will continue to play as bad as he did in the last 5-6 matches, I wouldn't be surprised if he'll lose a starting 11 spot again even to grannies Vidal and a goner Raki.

In the first 2 EV's seasons, we played boring, sterile and static.
But except matches like Anfield and a few of big matches, we weren't outplayed by Mickey Mouse teams.
In the last 3 weeks, with Frenkie-Arthur midfield duo, we were heavily outplayed in midfield by mighty giants Slavia Prague, Eibar and Levante.

You guys will offer 100s of random excuses before you will finally point fingers to 2 new players in midfield who are also responsible for an extremely chaotic and all over the place midfield.
Ban this idiot please [MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION]

JohnN

Even Arthur wouldn't help today, as EV would probably put him alongside Messi far up the field. By not playing through the middle we can't take advantage of our two great on the ball midfielders.

serghei

Even Arthur wouldn't help today, as EV would probably put him alongside Messi far up the field. By not playing through the middle we can't take advantage of our two great on the ball midfielders.

Would not have mproved our overall performance because nobody can under this garbage manager, but could've been decisive with a great pass here and there.

JohnN

Would not have mproved our overall performance because nobody can under this garbage manager, but could've been decisive with a great pass here and there.

We have all mighty assist and goal machine Rakitic. Don't need Arthur for that stuff.

Total-Football

Fucking weird seeing no comments here.. Best player by far today after messi. Was fucking everywhere covering every bit of space. And did great in the distribution.

JohnN

Usual brilliant performance from him that's why no one is surprised anymore. Will be dropped from the squad list next match probably due to a technical decision. Some say he has no stamina but he seems to run like crazy at minute 92 to prevent a throw in. Weird stuff..

Horatio

You're welcome
Some say he has no stamina but he seems to run like crazy at minute 92 to prevent a throw in. Weird stuff..

Some did say that, including Arthur himself looking at his first season at Barca. But he seems to have worked on that.

JohnN

He did seem tired after the international break but compared to last season he looks much more fit overall.

Riordon

For me its a bit worrying that our two CM's didn't even create a single chance. We need some creative spark in our midfield.

mc_lovin

For me its a bit worrying that our two CM's didn't even create a single chance. We need some creative spark in our midfield.

Doesnt matter for me when you have two players in de Jong and Arthur who move that well. Our forward line is worrying at the moment and our biggest issue, talentwise I have no doubt they will create enough while dominating games (which is more important).

Last edited:

serghei

Because you need movement to create chances. This team has none. Also, the free kicks that Messi converted were obtained by Arthur and De Jong if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

Riordon

Because you need movement to create chances. This team has none.

Agree. There are situations though where I wish both Frenkie and Arthur were braver in their pass selection but hopefully will come with time. Movement upfront and lack of runners in behind are our problem numero uno.

serghei

Agree. There are situations though where I wish both Frenkie and Arthur were braver in their pass selection but hopefully will come with time. Movement upfront and lack of runners in behind are our problem numero uno.

They will not come in time in my opinion. They will come with better movement up front and with a better system. It's not a matter of bravery. Valverde has built this team to pass the ball to Messi and that's it.

xXKonan

Valverde wants the CM's to be pushed far up the pitch to join the attack and help create chances, but our Forward line doesn't move enough for Arthur and De Jong to create chances.

There's a bad bottleneck effect going on up top and in this case, it isn't Arthur nor De Jong's fault for it.

Home of Barca Fans