Arthur

Xaviniesta

hahhahah remember last season when bbz would keep bringing up that arthur had 0 goals in every post? now he's moved on to "interceptions" :lol:

mc_lovin

Last season 0,3 interceptions per match in La Liga. This season even worse with 0,2 interceptions.
For a comparison, the most hated midfielder had 1,5 interceptions per match in La liga last season.
5 times more than Arthur.

The beauty of football is that you cant really put it into statistics, its far too complex (and in addition to that is a low numbers game). 1.5 or 0.2 interceptions per game is just ridiculously low either way - thats maybe 1 good play per game more. And that can be just a bad, random pass by the oppositon (and gets heavily influenced by our tactical setup as well). Its quite bold claiming that it has something to do with player quality without going into far more depth. Speedwise Arthur and Rakitic are roughly equal, but mobility is far more important anyway - and theres only one winner. Talentwise theres no contest either unless you are blind - but werent you one of those guys who claimed Ndombele>Frenkie? So I dont really trust your eyes.

Fun fact: Arthur is 1 goal and 2 assists (1 really when you count the interception!!! before Dembeles goal against Sevilla) behind Rakitics La Liga stats from last season. What do you make of that as a numbers guy?

Vilarrubi

hahhahah remember last season when bbz would keep bringing up that arthur had 0 goals in every post? now he's moved on to "interceptions" :lol:

:lol: exactly.
[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

No-one watches football games and thinks, he's not intercepting the ball enough... that's just strange. So in reality what you've done is go on whoscored, found Arthur's worst stat (which is interceptions) and use that as your new reason to complain about Arthur.

Remember you were the one who said all he could do was play against high pressing teams like the Anfield game and we didn't need him against small teams in La Liga.

You said he needed to improve the attacking part of his game... he's currently tied 1st for attacking output with Griezmann, yet Arthur is a midfielder.

Arthur: 2 goals 3 assists
Griezmann: 3 goals 2 assists
Suarez: 4 goals 0 assists

This season defensively his tackle stats are better than your favourite Rakitic's last season's..

La Liga: 1.2 to 0.9
CL: 2.5 to 0.8

That's why you chose interceptions, cherry picking stats to suit your agenda.. but hats off to you. That's literally the only stat that you can complain about now and you found it. (I can only imagine the delight on your face when you found that stat and compared it to Rakitic's last season)

You also complained about his stamina, he now plays full 90 easily.

The desperation to be negative about Arthur is getting truly pathetic now, really clutching at straws. Just let it go man, it's unhealthy.. we understand you don't like him but this season he has been our best player so far and proven you wrong.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Coming to this thread and seeing the same shitty troll arguments over and over.

giphy.gif

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Raki and Busi were proven to be shit against big CL teams, it doesn't mean that the next attempt (Arthur) will be better.
The same as in Roberto vs Semedo case.
Roberto sucked, people wanted someone new and we got Semedo.
Is he better? No.
He just sucks in different ways than Roberto.

Regarding Arthur, since Serghei is writing that he should be our CAM pick (lol) and since he is suddenly a better defender than other guys, I'll add a few things to balance this crazy (over)hype.

1. We still don't know too much about him, especially in defending
2. For me, he is still the slowest midfielder alongside Busi and Raki. Which means: when we will face counters, he won't help too much.
3. Out of two main defending stats, tackles and interceptions, he is truly attrocious in intercepting passes.
I have never seen Barca's midfielder with such a low numbers in that area.
Last season 0,3 interceptions per match in La Liga. This season even worse with 0,2 interceptions.
For a comparison, the most hated midfielder had 1,5 interceptions per match in La liga last season.
5 times more than Arthur.
4. Regarding tackles, I have wrote in the past. Imo, we have two areas of defending.
First: when we lose the ball, our players will apply pressure right away in order to get the ball back. In these type of actions, our players will usually make tackles.
Arthur is good in this part.
The second type of defending are actions AFTER our pressure: if the opponent has avoided our pressure, then they will attack us in a regular way in our half.
Then our midfielders use pace, interceptions, reading of the game, positioning and tackles.
In this part, from what I have seen from Arthur, he is mediocre at best.
But, let's give him a benefit of a doubt and let's see his real defending on a larger sample.
5. Further, not too many are mentioning, but once when he started to play well, two things emerged in his game:
1) he started to dwell on a ball even more and roughly once per match he makes a deadly mistake around our box and gives the ball away
2) the other thing which will not cost us points but which is highly annoying to me is=he started to fake and provoke fouls somewhat similar to Neymar. He holds the ball for too long, then he is asking for a contact, and then he falls down too easily lately and takes the ball into his hands while falling and immidiately looking at a ref and asking for a foul.

His possession recycling game is good.
His press resistance is good.
His play in the attacking third has improved, but he will never be a CAM.
About defending, we don't know too much.
And from what we know, he already has a lot of flaws.
And he is yet to play in his first type of Anfield CL KO match, where you guys will need to find new alibies if we will be eaten alive with Frenkie-Arthur in the same fashion as we have lost with Raki-Busi.

So, maybe we should slow down a little.

I have a suggestion for you.

Stop watching Barcelona play and start supporting Burnley instead. After reading your posts all these years I don't understand why you are torturing yourself watching Barca play football when you prefer tall, physical, long ball defensive football.

Perhaps you'll find some inner peace with them too.

Riordon

[tw]1181600131268788226[/tw]

This is actually huge from Arthur. Needs to play on this level for a whole season, 5 games is very little data. I like that he now seems to understand that he doesn't need a 100% passing success to have a great game. Much rather 85-90% with some key passes and through balls.

Alik

No-one watches football games and thinks, he's not intercepting the ball enough... that's just strange. So in reality what you've done is go on whoscored, found Arthur's worst stat (which is interceptions) and use that as your new reason to complain about Arthur.

Remember you were the one who said all he could do was play against high pressing teams like the Anfield game and we didn't need him against small teams in La Liga.

You said he needed to improve the attacking part of his game... he's currently tied 1st for attacking output with Griezmann, yet Arthur is a midfielder.

This season defensively his tackle stats are better than your favourite Rakitic's last season's..

That's why you chose interceptions, cherry picking stats to suit your agenda.. but hats off to you. That's literally the only stat that you can complain about now and you found it. (I can only imagine the delight on your face when you found that stat and compared it to Rakitic's last season)

The desperation to be negative about Arthur is getting truly pathetic now, really clutching at straws. Just let it go man, it's unhealthy.. we understand you don't like him but this season he has been our best player so far and proven you wrong.

:worthy:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I have a suggestion for you.

Stop watching Barcelona play and start supporting Burnley instead. After reading your posts all these years I don't understand why you are torturing yourself watching Barca play football when you prefer tall, physical, long ball defensive football.

Perhaps you'll find some inner peace with them too.

Don't provoke him, he will write another 5 page essay about how Barca used "not to be like this back in the days", that we played physical football and it was Pep who made us obsessed with technical play!

Gnidrologist

Hurr durr interceptions... His pressing makes opposite players lose ball far more often than occasional interception by Rakitic that he makes because he strolls in circles in front of our penalty box 90% of the game.

ryuken

You guys should just put him into your ignore list becuz there is no point arguing with him when he is pretty adamant that Arthur is trash compare to his fav boy Rakitic.

serghei

:lol: To a T.

serghei

Fucking lol, interceptions. A player does pressing so a teammate intercepts the ball when the guy gets rid of it because he is pressed. It is superhard to be the one who presses the most like Arthur is, and also the guy who picks up the interception. Again, football basics that is completely unknow to guys like BBZ. Registering high in an area causes you to register lower in others. Only clueless posters use that to prove a point.

Home of Barca Fans