Arthur

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
BBZ is usually right

Also your way of talking to others is very strange and hostile

When he doesn't backtrack all the time, sure. Even I am always right then :lol:

Do you agree Real Madrid won 3 CLs because Barcelona had Neymar?

Do you also agree Barcelona did not win the CL between 2012 and 2014 simply because of one player, Alexis Sanchez.

Please Hamzah, reply.

Enlighten me.

I don't think I'm hostile at all. If I am then it's usually towards people who make totally ridiculous statements they cannot back up with any sound stat or logic.

I guess it's not a surprise you're the one always feeling that way. Says it all doesn't it? :messi:

Last edited:

Jombi

Dembele will play and advanced RM in 442 probably.

No. Thats not 442. Thats just playing forwards out of position to fit the superstars into the team. We can play Griezmann as left midfielder as well. Anything is possible. But its a far cry from playing four midfielders in midfield.

M

MessiCam

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] will be very disappointed to hear that Valverde considers Coutinho and Iniesta different but perfectly complimentary of each other’s playing styles and as such can play together.

All signs point to a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with Iniesta taking on the deeper role.

With a fit Dembele this 4-4-2 nonsense will soon be a thing of the past.

FCBfan22

No. Thats not 442. Thats just playing forwards out of position to fit the superstars into the team. We can play Griezmann as left midfielder as well. Anything is possible. But its a far cry from playing four midfielders in midfield.

I meant 4-4-2 when defending and 4-3-3 when attacking. As Dembele played in most of the matches. A RM/RW hybrid.

Jombi

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] will be very disappointed to hear that Valverde considers Coutinho and Iniesta different but perfectly complimentary of each other’s playing styles and as such can play together.

All signs point to a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with Iniesta taking on the deeper role.

With a fit Dembele this 4-4-2 nonsense will soon be a thing of the past.

Yes, 442 will end and be completely buried if we sign Griezmann as well.

Messi983

People are way to obssessed with formations. 433, 442, 4231, I don't care. Players play, not formations. Just bring good players to the club and let EV think about how and where to play them. If he thinks he can integrate Griezmann into the team then buy him. If he thinks the same for Arthur and he considers him good enough bring him too.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Why is everyone got this weird thing against 4-4-2? Like it's the formation of the devil and Barca must play a 4-3-3?

M

MessiCam

People are way to obssessed with formations. 433, 442, 4231, I don't care. Players play, not formations. Just bring good players to the club and let EV think about how and where to play them. If he thinks he can integrate Griezmann into the team then buy him. If he thinks the same for Arthur and he considers him good enough bring him too.
This is a weird way of looking at it. Formations allow for roles, define spaces and probably most of all it aides conservation of energy. If everybody just plays it is pandamonium.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
When he doesn't backtrack all the time, sure. Even I am always right then :lol:

Do you agree Real Madrid won 3 CLs because Barcelona had Neymar?

Do you also agree Barcelona did not win the CL between 2012 and 2014 simply because of one player, Alexis Sanchez.

Please Hamzah, reply.

Enlighten me.

I don't think I'm hostile at all. If I am then it's usually towards people who make totally ridiculous statements they cannot back up with any sound stat or logic.

I guess it's not a surprise you're the one always feeling that way. Says it all doesn't it? :messi:

I think you've oversimplified those statements and taken them out of context

Jombi

Bringing in forwards in order to play as midfielders in a 442 doesnt make sense though. Do you think Valverde will bench two of Suarez, Messi, Griezmann and Dembele and play four midfielders as the default option?

M

MessiCam

Why is everyone got this weird thing against 4-4-2? Like it's the formation of the devil and Barca must play a 4-3-3?

Because it results in one of two things... Lack of width (like Barça currently play) or if wide players are used in the midfield 4 then you’re left with only 2 midlfielders.

Further 4-4-2 is not conducive to a possession and heavy passing game. It’s too static.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I'd griezmann doesn't arrive now then Suarez replacement will cost double the price. I think bringing him is good squad planning, especially when you consider that it will allow Barca to rotate, I doubt all the attacking players will play at the same time.

Suarez will likely be gone in one or two seasons, and Dembele is still developing. Bringing griezmann means ushering in the attack of the future is a smooth transition.

Look at the situation Madrid face now with their frontline. They lacked a proactive approach for their forward line despite being praised for it in their defence and midfield

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Because it results in one of two things... Lack of width (like Barça currently play) or if wide players are used in the midfield 4 then you’re left with only 2 midlfielders.

Further 4-4-2 is not conducive to a possession and heavy passing game. It’s too static.

I wouldn't say it lacks width, is only a true 4-4-2 in the defensive phase which is why Barca are so solid this season. And the left midfielder usually tucks in (iniesta or coutinho) so Alba can push forward, its only the right midfielder that is a forward player

M

MessiCam

I'd griezmann doesn't arrive now then Suarez replacement will cost double the price. I think bringing him is good squad planning, especially when you consider that it will allow Barca to rotate, I doubt all the attacking players will play at the same time.

Suarez will likely be gone in one or two seasons, and Dembele is still developing. Bringing griezmann means ushering in the attack of the future is a smooth transition.

Look at the situation Madrid face now with their frontline. They lacked a proactive approach for their forward line despite being praised for it in their defence and midfield
You don’t get it. Even without Griezmann, the 4-4-2 is unlikely with a fit Dembele and Coutinho. Adding Griezmann complicates matters further.

The signing makes sense on many levels but at the same time it will be very disruptive. Over rotations are just as bad as no rotations.

M

MessiCam

I wouldn't say it lacks width, is only a true 4-4-2 in the defensive phase which is why Barca are so solid this season. And the left midfielder usually tucks in (iniesta or coutinho) so Alba can push forward, its only the right midfielder that is a forward player

It lacks width no matter how you try to argue it especially during a transition and it is punishing on both full backs.

Why do you think Suarez often picks up a position on the left flank during transitions? Expecting Alba to be there after a transition is ridiculous. It’s the same in games when Dembele or Vidal are not selected on the right hand side.

Also, what you’re referring to is not a 4-4-2 it is a 4-3-3 with a 4-4-2 defensive animation. Which in this case means the RW (Vidal or Dembele) tracks back like against Espanyol in the cup.

Home of Barca Fans