Arthur

Porque

Main thing is to remain injury free. He deserves to start after that second half display versus Osasuna.

Hopefully no injuries and no excuses from Valverde about being tired from the travel and Brasil games while Rakitic could rest and train during the Intl break.

EdmondDantes

MD:

Arthur will be rested vs Peru after playing 90' vs Colombia.

Now let's see what happens when we play Valencia, fatigue won't be an excuse for Valverde.

Andresito

Staff member
Obvious development. Making forward runs and also trying to hit the final pass.

I guess his "instincts" could be changed after all.

serghei

He upped his contribution big time in the last third.

vs Osasuna,

1 goal
2 key passes, one of which should've been an assist

Today

1 assist
1 key pass after getting past two players, which ended in a goal
1 good shot on target

All of these in a little over 100 mins while being managed by Ernesto Valverde.

Riordon

He has improved, that I must say. Now he needs to play like this constantly and constantly deliver forward passes. Like that he is slowly getting used to play as a interior, keep it up. Add some long balls in the mix aswell, Arthur and go for the goal more, you have a great shoot.

mc_lovin

He hasnt really improved. He just plays more advanced, Frenkie gives him a lot of freedom. And shockingly enough a technical, smaller framed player is an ideal cm in our system. Who would have thought.

He found the same kind of gaps 10-20m behind - and had plenty of subtle touches that advanced play. It just didnt look as impressive further behind. But people who opened their eyes saw the same Arthur last season.

Last edited:

Tackle

Very happy with his development so far and hope to see him carry this improvement through the rest of the season.

The usual suspects will flame me for this post despite me giving credit where credit is due, but keep in my mind you can only judge players based on what they show you.

I would still stand by my previous assessment of Arthur if he was still performing at last season's level.

He looks like a different player so far and still needs do this consistently to completely win me over, but this is definitely a good start.

Home of Barca Fans