Arthur

BBZ8800

I have read some opinions in MD, that a staff was not happy with De Jong in defensive terms as a pivot since he goes into attack too often and that leaves spaces behind him.
This is why EV and his staff introduced Busi back immediately to keep position in defense.
(Someone on this forum mentioned something similar, was it Khaled?, that our team is used to play with Busi and that we will need a lot of time to adjust to Frenkie and his venturing).

And staff is more satisfied now.
If that is true, than our starting lineup for now is surely:
Busi for defensive stability and positioning in defense.
Frenkie on the left.
Rakitic vol2=Roberto at Rakitic's spot.

If this is true, I don't know where will you guys squeeze Arthur who played a total of 10 minutes in this season.
The lowest amount of all midfielders (Raki, Busi, Frenkie, Roberto, Alena, Puig, Vidal, Rafinha, Coutinho, Arthur).
10th place in a pecking order in terms of minutes till now. I know that he was on Copa. So were Cou and Vidal who played way more.

Also, I don't think that a rumor that we offered even Arthur in a deal is that impossible.
We still have too many midfielders and there are some hints that EV doesn't rate Arthur too much.
I was writing in the last season how he dropped to a 5th place in a pecking order (Busi, Raki, Vidal, Alena, Arthur), this season he hasn't played at all, there are rumors about him being offered to Psg, there are crazy rumors that Messi isn't too happy with his comments after Copa America. There are objective stats that he is quite horrible in anything in the attacking third and bad in defending.

Let's see how much and how good will he play in upcoming Months.
If he will shine, nice.
If he won't play too much or if he will be meh, maybe some of the conspiracy theories from above are true...

khaled_a_d

I have read some opinions in MD, that a staff was not happy with De Jong in defensive terms as a pivot since he goes into attack too often and that leaves spaces behind him.
This is why EV and his staff introduced Busi back immediately to keep position in defense.
(Someone on this forum mentioned something similar, was it Khaled?, that our team is used to play with Busi and that we will need a lot of time to adjust to Frenkie and his venturing).

Do you mean this?

I've been saying his position is DM for few months too, that being said we also need to understand that he adds different dynamics to the team than Busquets (he plays way more vertical than Sergio) that requires adjustment.
That was clear against Bilbao IMO, team dynamics is different and neither FDJ or his teammates are used to it. It will take time and it is normal that he will be integrated slowly with the team and will play in different positions (his versatility is supposed to be one of his main strength, I expect him to be used CM and even CB this season)

People wants everything to click so quick, and while Busquets should be phased out of starting line up it won't happen overnight. He has been one of the most important factors in Barca midfield for sometime. Probably the player who dictates our midfield tempo in past half decade (for better and worse) and team will need him in that regard from time to time.

BBZ8800

Khaled, yes.
Not to mention that Frenkie played as a double pivot in majority of times for Netherlands and Ajax.
So, his venturing was ok.
Here, in a single pivot, it might be a problem, at least in the beginning.

But anyway, regardless of Frenkie being a pivot or a CM, the 4th pick in this moment will be Vidal.

Except if we will have injuries, I am not expecting Arthur to move from his 4th-5th-6th position in a pecking order in the 1st half of this season, even without his mortal enemy Rakitic.
In spite of what Barcaforum thinks (and overrating him).

serghei

I see, so we shouldn't use FDJ at DM, because he is much too mobile for this stiff as a corpse Barca midfield. :lol: So, instead of... you know... adjusting the system to incorporate a better player than Busquets, let's just use Busquets and play the 100m. talent off position.

:rofl1:

Guys, what is happening is what I said a while ago about us playing rigid positional football with Valverde. Rigid means static positions. FdJ played in a mobile system with Ajax and also with Nederlands. Mobile basically means you can leave your position, because that position will be covered by a teammate who is instructed to do so. So, when De Jong was moving a bit up, you could see at Ajax that Schone (I think) was filling the gaps at DM, in order to not have a massive hole there, and a terrible shape.

Valverde plays a static system. When Frenkie leaves his spot, nobody covers it, because players aren't allowed to do that under him. Hence the issues. So you either alter the system and incorporate more fluidity, and use Frenkie as a DM. Or you restrict Frenkie's dynamism and ask him to stick to his natural position more. Or you do neither, and you play him in another position.

As expected, though, the best midfielder in CL last season is going to be dumbed down by Valverde, and turned into a weaker, safer version of the player he was at Ajax, so that this clown can use him as he sees fit in his fucking terrible static system devoid of fluidity and off the ball movement.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Roberto is so bad that ARthur has just moved to a 3rd or 4th pick in a pecking order:

Raki sold
Roberto horrible

1. Frenkie
2. Busi
3. Arthur/Vidal

Sad times.

At this rate, we will probably lose La Liga.
Something which looked a piece of a cake with Paulinho-Gomes-Raki midfield.

Alik

Khaled, yes.
Not to mention that Frenkie played as a double pivot in majority of times for Netherlands and Ajax.
So, his venturing was ok.
Here, in a single pivot, it might be a problem, at least in the beginning.

But anyway, regardless of Frenkie being a pivot or a CM, the 4th pick in this moment will be Vidal.

Except if we will have injuries, I am not expecting Arthur to move from his 4th-5th-6th position in a pecking order in the 1st half of this season, even without his mortal enemy Rakitic.
In spite of what Barcaforum thinks (and overrating him).

Roberto is so bad that ARthur has just moved to a 3rd or 4th pick in a pecking order:

Raki sold
Roberto horrible

1. Frenkie
2. Busi
3. Arthur/Vidal

Sad times.

At this rate, we will probably lose La Liga.
Something which looked a piece of a cake with Paulinho-Gomes-Raki midfield.

:lol:

Lampard Arthur [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

Even without the goal midfield has been LEVELS above what we had in the first half, the midfield just becomes so much more dynamic with him.

CatalinR10

dude comes in and he's head and shoulders above our players , and then goes on to score the goal that puts us in front.

He's just reminding us that valverde is a fucking piece of shit.

Home of Barca Fans