Arthur

Messigician

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The dressing room is worried about Arthur. He weighs four kilos more than when he first arrived at Barcelona. [cat radio] <a href="https://t.co/eYWTUxc9oM">pic.twitter.com/eYWTUxc9oM</a></p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1130953158174355464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 21, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He has looked a bit chubby recently. Not good at all

aqua2nd

i hope not but for some reason, i see this guy ending up at PSG in a season or 2, probably for 100mil+

I really like him as a player and if that happens I'd be happy for him
It's better than staying at Barca and gets endless criticizing even over unfold rumors because he may compete for midfield position with some people's beloved FDJ [MENTION=22514]Riordon[/MENTION] [MENTION=23863]Tackle[/MENTION]
I can't see why people have so much against a young player with his first year in Europe even he did pretty well for the club and didn't have any disappointed performance which costed us dearly
Maybe he could get better treatment if he doesn't compete position with people's King Aturo or Wonder Kid FDJ

Last edited:

eaman

We played better in the second half because we had a proper attacker on the right and Valencia were tiring anyway. I'm really worried valverde will not trust Arthur now but he has to play. Himself and busquets are ou4 bravest midfielders on the ball. Right from the start yesterday he was demanding the ball even when there was 3 Valencia players around him

serghei

We played better in the second half because we had a proper attacker on the right and Valencia were tiring anyway. I'm really worried valverde will not trust Arthur now but he has to play. Himself and busquets are ou4 bravest midfielders on the ball. Right from the start yesterday he was demanding the ball even when there was 3 Valencia players around him

Yea, he was demanding the ball, rarely got it though.

Looked fat today. Such a shame after he was initially so promising.

Looked like he has a couple of kilos more than usual. Wouldn't say fat. Same situation as Suarez really. Both have a bulkier frame.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

How is it possible, that every new player under Valverde regress after first 6 months? Crazy.

Happened with Dembele, Malcom, Semedo, Arthur, Coutinho etc.

Potroh

Looked like he has a couple of kilos more than usual. Wouldn't say fat. Same situation as Suarez really. Both have a bulkier frame.

I'm not sure if he really put on weight but perhaps others are better in observing this.
But please mind it, that these players have a given "optimal weight" in their contracts and (although it changes club by club) usually it is 2 and a half kg plus or minus, otherwise they have to pay serious fines.
For a younger player the medical team can shift the limits annually, according to his muscular change, but for elderly players it usually remains the same.

So any player pays serious money if it happens...

Last edited:

Potroh

How is it possible, that every new player under Valverde regress after first 6 months? Crazy.

Ask Valverde and Barto, because according to them, only the other is even BETTER doing his job...

But seriously, Valverde is a horrible coach indeed, no doubt he is unable to form younger talents according to their own qualities and personalities. I think he never ever did anything like that or I have definitely not heard about a youngster getting better under his tutelage. (But perhaps the actuaries can even dig out an exception from his carrier...).
Your small list is an absolute solid proof of that... and you can easily add a few players who have already left...

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Zlatan, Bojan, Chyngry, Affelay, Alexis?

Dembele regressed compared to what?
Was he actually good at Dortmund or he just had tons of space since they play on counters (which we don't and he is a weird fit for us), plus Bundesliga is weaker than La Liga.
So, how has Dembele regressed?
Not to mention his injuries and a fact that he needs 2-3 Months after each injury to get back into a form, only to get injured again.

Malcom regressed?
Wait, Psg loses against everyone in a CL.
And then they win against Dijon 10:0 in Ligue 1.
And then we laugh how Ligue 1 is very weak and easy.
And now, you have Malcom from that league where he played in a midtable team and was a key man of their team. He was able to do whatever he wants, he was Messi of their team. he was taking set pieces, corners and he was shooting from all positions (which he will never be at Barca).
And he came to a bigger club and to a tougher league and suddenly he is not able to replicate his form.
Which is more likely:
1) EV killed Malcom and he will be able to dominate La Liga
2) or Malcom was good enough for Ligue 1 and Bordeuax but is not good enough for La Liga?
So, he didn't regress.

Arthur regressed compared to what?
He plays the same as how he played at Gremio and at Brasilian NT.
If you meant: he regressed compared to his form from December.
A Brasilian poster who followed him said that Arthur had on and off Months at Gremio often.
When he is confident and happy, he plays better. When he is sad, his form drops.
Now, some will say: EV killed his confidence.
Some wiser would say: oh, another snowflake? When tougher times come, he is losing his confidence and form?
So, it could be a mental issue with him.
Or, as reports suggested, he gained weight and thus lost even more pace and stamina.
More weight can prevent you from good passes since you are slower and you need a few more extra miliseconds to turn and make a move.
The same as in defense, you will always be a few inches or miliseconds too late.
So, maybe EV has killed him, or there are also some objective factors that lowered his form in the last few Months, unrelated to EV?

Semedo.
He has what, 0 or 1 assists in 60-70 matches for Barca?
How has EV killed him?
About how he was a good attacker at Benfica.
Again, how many Portuguese players looked awesome in a weak Portugues league and totally flopped in bigger clubs?
So, it could be EV.
Or: Semedo (like Malcom) is a player who can dominate a weaker league but will be average-ish in a bigger club, not due to a coach but due to his limited skills.

Coutinho, we all agree here.
He regressed at Barca.

So, you see, with Dembele, Malcom, Arthur, Semedo (we can add Alena and Puig).
1) you can say that EV is guilty for everything
2) or, on the other hand, all of these young players are massively overrated by our fans who are creating: generational talents, the top5 mifdielders in the world and a player for the next 10 years, our of more or less any young player with some nice skills.

Btw, I am not defending EV.
My point is that EV is not that good.
But there is an EXTREMELY high chance that our bunch of players are the most overrated bunch of players (especially youngsters) in a long time.
Today every kid has a forum profile, every kid can create a twitter account, every kid can create a Youtube channel and post videos.
If those kids/fans are not familiar with young players and how often do they fail, they can easily create an insane hype.
And then, when a normal user browse forums, internet of Youtube, you may easily fall into "a hype train", since everyone is hyping and talking about a player. And if everyone is talking about him, he must be a real deal, right?
But again, "a hype machine" due to millions of kids are being able to access and post on social media is higher than ever.
In my personal estimation, when you remove Messi, this is the worst Barca since 2003'.
When you read internet and twitter, this is maybe the most talented Barca's team ever in terms of youngsters :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans