Arthur

YodaMaster

To be fair to BBZ, he sorta was conceding for some time that Arthur would probably succeed.

BBZ wrote that Arthur can start games, but only with 2 workhorses like Rakitic alongside him because Arthur is too light defensively, according to him.

Arthur-FDJ-Aleña could be a top 10 midfield in the world right now at the least IMO. Call it an exaggeration but that's exactly what people said when we claimed how legit Arthur was less than a year ago.

I kinda agree. I already wrote here a few days ago that our starting midfield at Camp Nou should be Busquets-Arthur-Alena. I truly believe that Alena is the perfect third midfield member in an offensive minded Barca team. Give him a little time and he'll start to constantly outperform Rakitic in that role.

Vidal once again showed that he's the perfect guy to bring on some energy in the last third of a match. And as I said, Vidal can start complicated away games.

Cule4life

The Culest
BBZ's reaction if Arthur was above 6'0 tall.

PepperyRecentAmazonparrot-size_restricted.gif

His reaction if he was also over 30

PLVFa.jpg

xXKonan

His mentality is ice-cold.

Even when the team was having a poor first half and he had a couple of iffy moments but he damn well fought hard until he finally got control of the game. Real's Midfielders had to foul him over and over again because they couldn't get the ball off him.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Coutinho just isn't good enough off ball and his eye for the larger construction of offense is lacking. He plays at CM the way he does at LW, with a lot of useless actions and then occasionally running at the defense like an attacker. Iniesta, for contrast, was always passing and moving. He always had an eye for how buildup play was progressing and would take an active role in it, Coutinho just doesn't demonstrate that.

Someone said it perfectly in the Coutinho thread, he is like Dybala. Added to that he has no defensive work ethic.

I'd rather have Aleña play with FDJ and Arthur. Way more energetic and better off ball, and looks like a consistent protagonist in midfield rather than fading in and out the way Coutinho does.

BusiTheKing

Fucking infuriating watching Modric kick him around all day without repurcussions while Kroos got a fk everytime he sat down.

EdmondDantes

Fucking infuriating watching Modric kick him around all day without repurcussions while Kroos got a fk everytime he sat down.

Yep. At one point Modric kicked him thrice in one single play. But it took 3 blatant kicks for the ref to call a foul. Absolutely ridiculous.

cro-man

That situation around 1:55min was impressive shielding cant say it more than enough this guy is awesome at this. Sometimes he needs to release the ball a bit earlier and use his creativity to go forward because he is our most creative midfielder right now. When there is a need of a goal he needs to be more involved because the rest seems to be unable to create anything.

Maybe i am wrong but is he tending too much on playing on the right side? He seems to be focoused more on the right side somehow. Anyway cant expect more from arthur in his first year amazing buy. If de jong is near as good as him we can be more than happy.

Home of Barca Fans