Arthur

xXKonan

The idea of a long-term pair of Arthur-FDJ is pretty exciting. Although both will need to flesh out more in some other areas nonetheless, it's still exciting to think about both playing together next season and beyond.

God Serena

The idea of a long-term pair of Arthur-FDJ is pretty exciting. Although both will need to flesh out more in some other areas nonetheless, it's still exciting to think about both playing together next season and beyond.

Arthur-FDJ-Alena/Puig could very well end up being our midfield one day and that is quite exciting a prospect.

Calidad

That midfield is still a bit soft IMO. I'd like to see a physical b2b midfielder in there too.

Would need to be someone with a goal threat.

Pogba would be perfect in that three, but since we don’t have him, Alena/Coutinho should at least be tried to see how they get on.

EdmondDantes

this guy making defense-splitting passes every game now

That's what I have been saying. Since he came back from injury, Arthur has created 5, clear cut, 1 v 1 goal scoring chances. With a bit of luck he'd be on 6 assists rather than 2.

It's scary how he develops with each passing game.

I'm genuinely in awe of his talent.

[video]https://cdnja.r.worldssl.net/mp4/9r/9rzv.mp4[/video]

Sorin

How can anyone say that Arthur is not our best midfielder is beyond me. He is a one man midfielder machine.

Special player. Will be the best CM in the world as early as next season.

God Serena

That midfield is still a bit soft IMO. I'd like to see a physical b2b midfielder in there too.

Throwing one in there wouldn't hurt, but who would it be? Vidal is already kind of ancient, Rakitic won't even have legs by this time in 2021, and beyond that most midfielders we have as options are all technical passers are forward goal threats.

Jombi

Throwing one in there wouldn't hurt, but who would it be? Vidal is already kind of ancient, Rakitic won't even have legs by this time in 2021, and beyond that most midfielders we have as options are all technical passers are forward goal threats.

Ndombele is a physical b2b player, but he doesnt score many goals.

I think a more physical DM behind De Jong and Arthur could be interesting. We lost out on Fabinho, not sure what else we can try. Maybe Rabiot.

A De Jong-Arthur combo screams a need for off the ball movement/goal threats around them. Im sure they'd thrive with passing options around them. Messi wants the ball at his feet. We need to take this into consideration when signing forwards. Perhaps Alena and Roberto can provide some of it next season as well. But a striker signing and left forward signing need to be very mobile. Its another nail in the coffin for Coutinho for us IMO. He is another player who wants the ball at his feet too much.

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

I think a more physical DM behind De Jong and Arthur could be interesting. We lost out on Fabinho, not sure what else we can try. Maybe Rabiot.

I think we should be in for Rabiot. I wouldn't call him physical, but he isn't non-physical either. Could balance the other two our pretty well. And on a free! (Yes I know wages could be an issue so I'll say in advance the ballpark of Vidal's or Ill pass.)

aqua2nd

I think we should be in for Rabiot. I wouldn't call him physical, but he isn't non-physical either. Could balance the other two our pretty well. And on a free! (Yes I know wages could be an issue so I'll say in advance the ballpark of Vidal's or Ill pass.)

Was there was a rumor that Rabiot refused to play in CDM position for both PSG and France?

xXKonan

Was there was a rumor that Rabiot refused to play in CDM position for both PSG and France?
Rumors were Deschamps wanted to play him as a CDM but he refused and Emery wanted to as well but he refused as well since he seen himself as more of a attacking CM.

The irony is that he would probably excel in that position more so than just a regular CM/B2B.

YodaMaster

Can't wait to see how he does against best midfield of recent years (Real Madrid's) on 3 different occasions within a period of 10 days. The 5-1 Clasico earlier this year we gotta admit Real Madrid played like shit except the beginning of second half. They'll probably perform better this time. It will be the ultimate test for Arthur. If he thrives, he'll definitely establish himself as one of the very best midfielders in Europe this season. Huge opportunity for him.

Home of Barca Fans