Arthur

YodaMaster

Barça need to buy this kid ASAP. He's the exact kind of midfielder we miss.

Once he'll get his spot in the Brazil national team (and that will happen soon) his price will be 100 millions. 40 millions is okay for him because there is nothing left on the transfer market. Verratti is a snake, he won't come. Eriksen's price is 150M. Coutinho's price is 150M and he's not a playmaker. I saw people talking about Fekir wtf ? Fekir is very good player but he's not a midfielder. Other young european midfielders aren't better than this guy but they'll cost more.

And just remember that Real paid 45M for Vinicius who's a complete fraud who's not good enough to get a spot in the first team of that brazilian club he's playing for...

George_Costanza

Yes but many Barca fans here would rather see Barca pay for Costinho 150+ than buy this young talent.

Barca is still monitoring him, it will take at least few years until Barca seriously consider buying him.

Trickykid

Yes but many Barca fans here would rather see Barca pay for Costinho 150+ than buy this young talent.

Barca is still monitoring him, it will take at least few years until Barca seriously consider buying him.

It's obviously too much, but I'd still much rather pay 150m for a Euro-proven player like Coutinho than 50m for a complete gamble like Arthur, who'd realistically most likely not succeed here.

That said, I'm pretty sure the board plans on signing both of them - if financially possible of course - as they seem like vastly different players who doesn't exclude each other.

Last edited:

Jombi

If Houssem Aouar continue to perform like he's done for the remainder of the season, he would be a more reasonable signing for 40-50m than Arthur. It makes zero sense to splash anywhere near 50m on Arthur given what he has done so far.

mampilly

in my native languae " malayalam" there is a proverb "ikkare nilkkumbam akkare pacha" . In this forum I always felt that

If barca started to chase someone, or signing someone , Here all are starting to find out his negatives, and started to praising others.

If we are started to chasing Arther, then Aouar will be far far better than him. If Board started to pursuing Aouar,then these people will satrt to praising Arthur, and find out negatives of Aouar

Jombi

in my native languae " malayalam" there is a proverb "ikkare nilkkumbam akkare pacha" . In this forum I always felt that

If barca started to chase someone, or signing someone , Here all are starting to find out his negatives, and started to praising others.

If we are started to chasing Arther, then Aouar will be far far better than him. If Board started to pursuing Aouar,then these people will satrt to praising Arthur, and find out negatives of Aouar

No one knows who we are pursuing. We have already been linked to Aouar by highly reputable L'Equipe in France. So he might be more likely than Arthur.

Perhaps people simply dont think its good value in the market to splash 50m euros on someone like Arthur? Could that be a possibility? 20m, sure. But 50m is madness for a midfielder who doesnt score or assist (attacking players always fetch higher prices) and with no experience in Europe. Thats more like a Casemiro type price than anywhere near 50m.

Last edited:

mampilly

No one knows who we are pursuing. We have already been linked to Aouar by highly reputable L'Equipe in France. So he might be more likely than Arthur.

Perhaps people simply dont think its good value in the market to splash 50m euros on someone like Arthur? Could that be a possibility? 20m, sure. But 50m is madness for a midfielder who doesnt score or assist (attacking players always fetch higher prices) and with no experience in Europe. Thats more like a Casemiro type price than anywhere near 50m.

even defender's are getting 803 plus in this market.then Why???

Jombi

even defender's are getting 803 plus in this market.then Why???

803 plus? If you are talking about Liverpool's signing for 85m euros, that doesnt make 50m for Arthur reasonable. Look at the prices from Brazil. There is no reason Arthur should go for 50m. Even if you add market inflation, Arthur isnt more than 20m. He hasnt even played for Brazil yet and hasnt played in Europe.

JamDav1982

803 plus? If you are talking about Liverpool's signing for 85m euros, that doesnt make 50m for Arthur reasonable. Look at the prices from Brazil. There is no reason Arthur should go for 50m. Even if you add market inflation, Arthur isnt more than 20m. He hasnt even played for Brazil yet and hasnt played in Europe.

You are picking and choosing when to apply the market again.

Real just paid something like 45m for a 16 year old that had never played for his club let alone Brazil.

Not saying Arthur is worth it but 20-21 years olds highly rated out of Brazil are going to be going for 40-50m.

mampilly

You are picking and choosing when to apply the market again.

Real just paid something like 45m for a 16 year old that had never played for his club let alone Brazil.

Not saying Arthur is worth it but 20-21 years olds highly rated out of Brazil are going to be going for 40-50m.

If we need good talents, just need to pay good price.Arthur may be an experiment , But if its wins , It will be good for us

springfield

I don't understand the big hype, just proves how big of an impact media has on peoples opinion. I watched some youtube videos some weeks ago but there was not alot about him. I couldn't tell based on those videos if he will be good or not. And i am pretty sure most of the people have never seen his games.

Jombi

If we need good talents, just need to pay good price.Arthur may be an experiment , But if its wins , It will be good for us

Far more likely to be the new Lucas Leiva than to be the new Xavi. We dont need to splash 50m on someone like that. If Gremio refuses to negotiate, by them pointing to the release clause of 50m, then we should look in Europe. You cant just accept any madness price by claiming "the market is insane". We have to play smart. No defensive midfielder has even come close to the crazy fee of 50m. Look at Douglas Luiz, Wendel and Thiago Maia to give you some idea of what we should offer.

JamDav1982

Far more likely to be the new Lucas Leiva than to be the new Xavi. We dont need to splash 50m on someone like that. If Gremio refuses to negotiate, by them pointing to the release clause of 50m, then we should look in Europe. You cant just accept any madness price by claiming "the market is insane". We have to play smart. No defensive midfielder has even come close to the crazy fee of 50m. Look at Douglas Luiz, Wendel and Thiago Maia to give you some idea of what we should offer.

You use the 'market is insane' excuse all the time when the shoe fits.

Why would you look at price of those players ahead of 45m for a 16 year from Brazil that had never played.

The Lucas Leiva comparisons are just lazy because play for same club. Doesnt look anything like him as a player.

BBZ8800

Our last midfield signings were:
Arda 40M
Denis 10-ish+ Millions with addons for matches played
Gomes 40-ish M
Paulinho 40M

That is already 130-ish M for zero starters in the last 2-3 years.
Add Arthur and if he'll fail also, which is extremely likely considering how risky his move is and considering his European experience (zero), that will be 130+50=180 Millions spent for more or less nothing in the last 3 years.

Then, when you think about it, 150M or 180M for GOATCoutinho doesn't look like a bad deal at all compared with these transfers.

Home of Barca Fans