Arthur

YodaMaster

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

What did you think of the workhorse midfield conceiding 13 shots and a ton of chances against the great Girona ?

Let's play your favorite stats game.
What did you think of your favorite workhorse midfield making 3 tackles altogether (1 tackle each) and 1 interception (1 for Busquets, 0 for workhorses Vidal and Rakitic) ?
And what did you think about "schoolboy" Arthur making 2 interceptions in the 30 mins he played ?

Since you don't care about games (which btw showed us that Arthur alone is superior to all this workhorses empire bullshit) and you're all about those stats, I'm just letting you know.

Cule4life

The Culest
[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] What did you think of the workhorse midfield conceiding 13 shots and a ton of chances against the great Girona ?

He has literally admitted he never replies to comments when the players he hates play well. Save your breath :lol:

Wait for Arthur to make one mistake and he''ll be back with a bang.

BBZ8800

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

What did you think of the workhorse midfield conceiding 13 shots and a ton of chances against the great Girona ?

Let's play your favorite stats game.
What did you think of your favorite workhorse midfield making 3 tackles altogether (1 tackle each) and 1 interception (1 for Busquets, 0 for workhorses Vidal and Rakitic) ?
And what did you think about "schoolboy" Arthur making 2 interceptions in the 30 mins he played ?

Since you don't care about games (which btw showed us that Arthur alone is superior to all this workhorses empire bullshit) and you're all about those stats, I'm just letting you know.

For some reason, we again haven't conceded with Raki-Busi-Vidal.
Voodoo magic.
6 matches, 1 goal conceded.

Arthur stepped in at 10 vs 11, so let's skip those tackles since even Rakitic started to play better at 11 vs 10, right?

About Arthur, in this moment, he should play.
But again, only with 2 workhorses around him.

This debate and me posting stats started when people said that we should try mighty Coutinho-Arthur midfield duo.
For me, Arthur can play.
Arthur and Coutinho can't. At least not in serious matches.

Also, I think that I have seen a post today where someone wrote: De Jong-Arthur-Coutinho midfield...

Last edited:

BusiTheKing

Watching the instant impact he makes, I can't figure out if Arthur is an absolute scintillating phenomenon or if he's just the only actually good midfielder we have.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Watching the instant impact he makes, I can't figure out if Arthur is an absolute scintillating phenomenon or if he's just the only actually good midfielder we have.

Arthur is an insane talent. Our midfielders are not bad and would play much better in other teams.

Devils

He's just unbelievable.

One of the best midfield talents I've ever seen.

Can we even call him a talent? His performances are bordering world class.

Unreal.

EdmondDantes

He's just unbelievable.

One of the best midfield talents I've ever seen.

Can we even call him a talent? His performances are bordering world class.

Unreal.

That was the* exact reaction I had when I first saw him play last year. The difference now is that he's in Europe and we can gauge better. Like I said a few days ago, Arthur pulled off 5 completed dribbles out of five, away at Sevilla despite playing alongside a team missing half our starters. He also had the most interceptions, tackles, chances created, etc. He's basically replicating what he did in South America in Europe like it's nothing, plus, he's also visibly evolving and improving; game by game.

He might even be a bigger talent than Neymar.

We got ourselves a bargain, while Arthur got himself the most footballingly compatible football club he could hope to play for.

---

As for the game today, it was predictable he would sit this one out since he had started the last 5, including all mid week games and all of Vidal, Rakitic and Busquets had been rested in the meantime.

But the problem was, resting Arthur meant we deprived ourselves of our most in form midfielder (since he came back from injury) away at a side where being press resistant was important.

Anyhow, he played 30 minutes, we saw out the game and collected all 3 points.

Last edited:

YodaMaster

For some reason, we again haven't conceded with Raki-Busi-Vidal.
Voodoo magic.
6 matches, 1 goal conceded.

Spoiler: the reason we haven't conceded is because Barça's goalkeeper is Ter fucking Stegen and he was great today. Also because the only time Ter Stegen got finally beat, Piqué cleared on the line.

We conceded a lot of chances and the team block was broken and exposed many times, that's what concerns the alleged defensive workhorses. Ter Stegen having a great match and saving 1v1's or our defenders saving on the line have nothing to do with Vidal and Rakitic.

But stats didn't tell you that so I won't blame you mate.
A stats fan like you who skips the match and sees a clean sheet afterwards will be happy as opposed to a normal fan who watched the game and saw a boring show from his team. A team that prioritized defense over beautiful football and still got exposed defensively.
But you're the one who's got no clue what he's talking about, make no mistake.

Also, I think that I have seen a post today where someone wrote: De Jong-Arthur-Coutinho midfield...

I'm not interested in that midfield neither. IMO Coutinho is done here by the end of the current season. We've got better wingers/number10 (Dembélé & Messi) and we'll have superior and younger CM's next year with Arthur, FDJ and Alena.

Last edited:

xXKonan

He draws a lot of fouls because he's so hard to get the ball off him and the other team has to resort to fouling him.

He's not the tallest nor the strongest but he has to be one of the most annoying players to play against due to him being able to withstand the pressure and being mobile as he is.

Riordon

Would love to see more goals and assist from him. Xavi had high G+A.

High amount of G+A from a CM is very important.

From me he honestly looks like a DM.

EdmondDantes

He draws a lot of fouls because he's so hard to get the ball off him and the other team has to resort to fouling him.

He's not the tallest nor the strongest but he has to be one of the most annoying players to play against due to him being able to withstand the pressure and being mobile as he is.

It's practically impossible to get the ball off of Arthur without fouling him at this point. He's like a chess grandmaster, always multiple moves ahead.

Incidentally watching the game on 11 Sports annoyed me with the commentator constantly going 'Arthur is running into trouble' only for him to turn and slice through a pass wrongfooting the Girona players and their pressing. He knew exactly what he was doing.

That Mister Seitan video, that was probably posted here already when we were about to sign him, was spot on.

[youtube]GifnejZzt_s[/youtube]

EL BRUTAL PARECIDO ENTRE ARTHUR Y XAVI HERNÁNDEZ ¡ASÍ SE DOMINA EL TIEMPO Y EL ESPACIO!

"The brutal likeness between Arthur & Xavi Hernandez - this is how you dominate time and space!"

It's from March '18 but still well worth a watch - even if you don't speak Spanish (mine is beyond rusty at this point)

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Spoiler: the reason we haven't conceded is because Barça's goalkeeper is Ter fucking Stegen and he was great today. Also because the only time Ter Stegen got finally beat, Piqué cleared on the line.

We conceded a lot of chances and the team block was broken and exposed many times, that's what concerns the alleged defensive workhorses. Ter Stegen having a great match and saving 1v1's or our defenders saving on the line have nothing to do with Vidal and Rakitic.

But stats didn't tell you that so I won't blame you mate.
A stats fan like you who skips the match and sees a clean sheet afterwards will be happy as opposed to a normal fan who watched the game and saw a boring show from his team. A team that prioritized defense over beautiful football and still got exposed defensively.
But you're the one who's got no clue what he's talking about, make no mistake.

In today's match we allowed a lot of shots.
In last few liga matches with these 3, the defense was good, not allowing too many shots.

You are now twisting stats, for what I am accused often.

With these 3, the defense will usually be good and a creation will be weaker.

About a boring football, that is a different topic.

Home of Barca Fans