Arthur

Givenchy

hes only 1 year older than Frenkie (i keep thinking hes older than 22 for some reason) and if he keeps going like this he'll be the best midfielder in the world within 2-3 seasons. this was a gem of a buy

xXKonan

Guess the hard part now is to find some suitable partners for him in the Midfield considering Vidal, Rakitic and Busi are over 30 years old.

Coutinho could be one but it depends if a coach can get it to work.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
May be he will be the reason we will be able shift from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1

A box to box beside him (Vidal), Coutinho behind the striker and Dembouz-Suarez-Leo upfront

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He just moves so much offensively compared to the likes of Busi/Rakitic. It's night and day when comparing those two to Vidal and Arthur, who are always in motion. That raises the involvement level of our other players like Dembele, Semedo, and most importantly Messi.

Only one of Rakitic or Busi should be starting for us IMO. Arthur and Vidal represent a true change from the style of midfield we've used for the past several failures in the CL. I think that it doesn't need to take anything more than basic tweaks to our lineup and strategy to win the CL if we can pull out these kinds of performances when it matters on the road.

Andresito

Staff member
It's obvious people told him to believe in his ability and make more of those forward passes. Feels like a 27-28 year old player. He's so composed.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
What do you guys think of Ndombele and Arthur together? If Arthur reminds me of Xavi, Ndombele reminds me of Essien. I think that could be such an effective combination. I would probably still prefer De Jong over him, but if we do miss out on him I hope we go for Ndombele.

I'm glad we'll get a chance to see him play against us in the UCL.

Jombi

What do you guys think of Ndombele and Arthur together? If Arthur reminds me of Xavi, Ndombele reminds me of Essien. I think that could be such an effective combination. I would probably still prefer De Jong over him, but if we do miss out on him I hope we go for Ndombele.

I'm glad we'll get a chance to see him play against us in the UCL.

Ndombele will not play as a DM against us, he plays as a box-to-box player. Tousart is Lyon's DM.

Vilarrubi

He would have been great against Roma. A player who can actually beat the high press of another team when you pass it into his feet and turn on the ball because of his awareness. That game we were stuck in our own half and midfield couldn’t get the ball to the attack. Stegen kicked the ball long more than I’ve ever seen in a Barca game due to pathetic midfield. Enough of that though... this guy is class.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Ndombele will not play as a DM against us, he plays as a box-to-box player. Tousart is Lyon's DM.

Yeah he plays basically the same role Essien use to play for Lyon back in the early 2000s. Essien played as a box to box midfielder while Edmilson/Diara played as the DMs and Juninho as the #10. Essien was about the same age as Ndombele is now too but he was slightly a better finisher than Ndombele is now. That is why he reminds me so much of Essien instead of all the Kante comparisons.

feggydinho

The main limitatin i see from Arthur is that he can't give through balls like Xavi or even rakitic, dembele, busquets, coutinho. he almost always prefers controlling it

Home of Barca Fans